Our family of five stayed at the GW for 5 nights. We arrived on mothers day weekend and found the resort to be very busy and somewhat dirty. After the weekend, the property was cleaned up and our initial impression was changed. It is a beautiful and huge property. Be prepared to walk a good distance to the beach, pool, restaurants, etc. The pool was awesome for our kids. They couldn't wait to get back so they could swim. Be aware that the slides and water park part closes at 5 p.m. so if you take a day trip and then plan to come back to swim, it closes early. We found our selves rushing to return each day. There are lots of activities available, just be prepared to fork out some money. The accommodations (rooms)definately need some updating. The bathroom was spacious but our shower had black mold spots. The carpet was stained and the room generally worn. We checked 3 other rooms before keeping our original one. They are all about the same condition. We had a deluxe ocean view room and the view was pretty. I don't think it's worth the price. The beds are very comfortable with cozy linens. The cleaning staff did an excellent job-clean each morning and refreshed the room at night. It's worth it to book a room in the Napua Tower section simply because it includes a continental breakfast and cocktails/snacks in the afternoon. We ate at the cafe frequently which was the spot for the kids to get their own food. The Grand dining room had the best pancakes we've ever had so don't miss those. We also ate at the Bistro which was mediocre. The food is expensive no matter where you eat. There is a Safeway in Kihea so stop and get water and snacks to save yourself a bundle. All in all, it's a great place to take your family. Everything is extra so plan to spend for everything. We didn't find complementary coffee, papers etc. that are offered daily at the Four Seasons. We toured the 4S and
found it to be a definate notch above the GW but it depends on what you're looking for. The kids would prefer the pool at the GW and we would prefer the spendor of the 4S.
Places to eat: Best meal-Mama's Fish house in Paia. Stella's in Kihea. SanSee's for sushi in Kihea. Tommy Bahama Cafe in Wailea.
Best Day Trip: snokeling on the Trilogy. Excellent.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Wailea, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, is the ultimate destination for a fabulous Hawaii vacation, perfect for families, spa goers, honeymooners, golfers and active vacationers. Situated on 40 acres of lush, tropical Hawaiian gardens, Grand Wailea opens onto Maui's beautiful Wailea Beach, voted one of the best beaches in America, with elegant and newly-renovated accommodations, indulgent spa treatments, fine dining and thrilling recreational options. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, HotelsforEveryone, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Grand Wailea - A Waldorf Astoria Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Wailea - a Waldorf Astoria Hotel Wailea
- Grand Wailea Maui
- Grand Wailea Resort Maui
- Grand Wailea Hawaii
- Grand Hotel Wailea
- Grand Resort Wailea
- Grand Wailea - A Waldorf Astoria Resort Maui