Even though this was not a Hilton property, they are somehow related in ownership. We used points to pay for the room and because they could not offer us the concierge level, they gave us a triple upgrade to an amazing room with great ocean views and some coupons for their restauants. But double check your bill because they had to remove the upgrade charges twice. This a classy resort which greets you with an orchid lei as you arrive.
This is a huge resort and it is quite a hike through the shops to the free self-parking garage from our room. We ate at the HumaHuma and the restaurant overlooking the pool. The food was excellent. There is a $5.99 breakfast at the Hamburger Paradise restaurant in the nearby Shops of Wailea. (walking distance) We were a bit annoyed that they do not want you to use the room refrigerator (stocked with their super expensive stuff) so we purchased a cooler at the General store in the Wailea Shops. There is also a Safeway less than 10 minutes away off the main highway and Pi'Ikea Rd. where you can stock up on snacks.
We sat out at the adult pool early in the day so chairs were easy to find. You may want to save your towel to put out early the next day to reserve your spot. No shade anywhere- they want you to rent a cabana. There are free umbrellas and chairs for the beach in front of the resort just for asking if it is not too windy. Actually the way the hotel is built surrounding the pools make it great for poolsitting even on windy Tradewind days.
The grounds of this hotel are spectacular, but large. Be sure to walk along the 2 mile public ocean walkway on the ocean side of all the resorts.
This is definitely a great hotel for kids with all of the pools with connecting slides. The adult pool is very quiet though. If you want a quieter experience go to the Wailea Marriot just up the road. WE spent several days there also (check that review). This is a great location for all of the Maui sightseeing. We were happy with our small suv because of the small parking places. It was also easy to maueuver the Road to Hana in a smaller car.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Wailea, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, is the ultimate destination for a fabulous Hawaii vacation, perfect for families, spa goers, honeymooners, golfers and active vacationers. Situated on 40 acres of lush, tropical Hawaiian gardens, Grand Wailea opens onto Maui's beautiful Wailea Beach, voted one of the best beaches in America, with elegant and newly-renovated accommodations, indulgent spa treatments, fine dining and thrilling recreational options. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, HotelsforEveryone, Prestigia, Agoda, Jetsetter, Hotel.de, Reservation Counter, HRS, Despegar.com and Travelocity so you can book your Grand Wailea - A Waldorf Astoria Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Wailea - a Waldorf Astoria Hotel Wailea
- Grand Wailea Maui
- Grand Wailea Resort Maui
- Grand Wailea Hawaii
- Grand Hotel Wailea
- Grand Resort Wailea
- Grand Wailea - A Waldorf Astoria Resort Maui