$809
$549
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $636/night.

$469
Hyatt.com
Savings alert! 34% below average rates

The price you found is 34% lower than this hotel's average rate of $712/night.

$559
  • Breakfast included
$1,295
Hilton.com
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of $1,658/night.

TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
7,183 results
All reviewswater elevatornapua towerlazy rivergrand wailearope swingchapel wingbistro molokinihibiscus poolvolcano barthe grand dining roomcafe kulaspa grandefour seasonspool areaadult poolper dayvalet parking
Reviewed September 20, 2017

Great resort and awesome location. Beach was very clean and water was clear and clean. Pool was very well taken care of and clean as well. Rooms were clean and the staff was helpful and the gym facilities were really nice.

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Waldorf Astoria
Reviewed September 20, 2017

We LOVED our stay at the Grand Wailea. Stellar service! Courteous. Professional. Attentive. Warm and welcoming at every level. Beautifully kept grounds and amenities. Would stay here again in a heartbeat!

Review collected in partnership with Waldorf Astoria
Reviewed September 20, 2017

We had an amazing room with ocean view, the staff are all exceptionally helpful and friendly. We used the concierge to book a couple of restaurants to ensure a sunset view, as well as a road to Hana trip and booked the Luau at the hotel on a Monday evening. This was a great event, food and drink included. The only gripe is on arrival you had to queue for drinks but then had table service. There are plenty are sunbeds and you can get away from the children around the adult only area. It would be nice if there was a little more shade from sun brollies as the weather was extremely hot - not complaining though!

I would thoroughly recommend this resort for a totally relaxing stay.

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Janie30
Reviewed September 19, 2017

We recently stayed at the Grand Wailea. It was nice hotel with really nice lobby, friendly staff, large clean rooms and great amenities. They do charge for a lot of stuff (e.g. valet parking (with in/out priviledges), use of the white towel covered pool chairs and huts, etc..) but many free amenities too (kids entertainment rooms, fruit, infused water, frozen grapes, popsicles, etc..)

We had booked a garden view room but was upgraded to Ocean view once I linked my HH membership to the reservation - impressive.

I would save on food but eating at restaurants outside the resort (many great restaurants in Kihei which is a 10 minute drive from there).

Staff went the extra mile with my kids (offered them plush animals, talked and joked with them, helped them when needed). Valet is nice to provide free water bottles in your car whenever you go out with it.

Overall, it was a great stay and would love to stay there again.

Room Tip: Ocean view room is best
3  Thank drrep
Reviewed September 19, 2017

My family stayed at the Grand Wailea for 7 nights booked under 2 separate reservations for 4 nights and 3 nights. The resort sits on 40 acres of land (almost 3x the size of the Four Seasons next door) and the grounds are stunning with beautiful gardens, streams and meandering paths everywhere. We stayed in an ocean view room in Chapel Wing that was still spacious even with 4 of us in the room. The resort is huge and Chapel Wing is close to the fitness center, the Spa Grande, the indoor basketball court, the Seaside Chapel and relatively close to the kid's club (The Rock). Chapel Wing is not close to the pools so its quieter than other wings of the resort.

The Grand Wailea is expensive so I tried to save money during my stay. I made my 1st reservation for 4 nights using the Citibank/Citi Prestige credit card. The Citi Prestige credit card provides that cardmembers receive the 4th night of their hotel stay free if you charge your stay with the card. I charged my 1st reservation to this credit card and received a refund from Citibank for $459.00 to reimburse me for the cost of the 4th night. I made my 2nd reservation for 3 nights using the Visa Signature hotel program. The Grand Wailea has a special promotion with Visa that allows you to spend your 3rd night for free so long as you: 1. book your stay through the Visa Signature hotel program with any Visa card that has "Visa Signature" or "Visa Infinite" printed on it, and 2. check in on a Thursday, Friday or Saturday. The Grand Wailea/Visa promotion also includes buffet breakfast, a room upgrade, $25 food/beverage credit, VIP status and late checkout as well. The Grand Wailea billed me for those 3 nights and subtracted $474.00 from my bill for the 3rd night when I checked out. Since I'm a Hilton Gold member, I received a coupon for $20 off dinner at the Bistro Molokini twice since I had 2 separate reservations for a savings of $40. I also received a coupon for 2 free drinks at the Botero Bar twice for the same above reasons. Booking my Grand Wailea stay this way saved me $1,000 and was less expensive than using Costco or any other promotion I saw. I unexpectedly saved additional money when the following occurred during my stay. I had a technical problem with the tv in my room and the sliding patio door didn't work properly. The hotel engineer came to my room to make the repairs and voluntarily gave me a card awarding us a free breakfast buffet for 4 due to the inconvenience (saving me another $122.00). I also made management aware of an issue I encountered at the buffet breakfast and management gave me a guest satisfaction credit of $50.00. Management genuinely wants to know about any issues you may incur during your stay and it may save you some money. If you have an issue, tell management right away.

My wife and 10 yr old daughter also give a thumbs up to the hotel spa. The Spa Grande has spa treatments that are available to women and children (check out the spa menu). The Spa Grande also run promotions time to time where you can get a break from their menu prices and get freebies thrown in. The Labor Day promotion that the Spa Grande ran offered a modest break in the price of some spa treatments and also included a free lunch.

The last 3 nights of my stay at the Grand Wailea, I received an upgrade to a deluxe ocean view room and was placed in Room 9122 - Molokini Wing. This is one of the best standard rooms you can get. This room is on the top floor (the 9th floor). The ocean views are awesome because you are high up, you have the right sight lines for a sunset view, you are far enough down Molokini Wing that you can see in front of the Napua Tower and have a view all the way down Wailea beach past the next 2 resorts. It is a spectacular view.

Here's a few more tips: Stop at Costco on your way to the Grand Wailea to load up on snacks and drinks for your family to save $$$. Practically everyone who was checking into the Wailea had some Costco goods with them. Look at a map of the Grand Wailea online before you check in and try to get an idea of which wing you want to be in and how close or far you may want to be from various facilities. Get the hotel activities sheet reflecting all the activities at the hotel for the week (including the free activities) from the front desk or the concierge's desk. The Grand Wailea's botanical tour is awesome and its free. The art tour and cultural tour is also free. Call the valet in advance and tell them you need your car to reduce your wait time at the valet. Avoid (if possible) asking the valet for your car during the hotel's official check in or check out times because the valet service is super busy at those times. The resort has 10 pools and the volcano water elevator is a must. Some kids love The Fishpipe water ride and some kids are like "get me out of here". Try 1 ride before you purchase bulk ride packages. The kids also liked "The Rock" facilities which included ping pong, pool and video games.

Go to Bistro Molokini before 5:30pm and you can save some money. Bistro Molokini offers the lunch menu until 5:30pm and the dinner menu afterwards. We would go in at 5pm and eat our dinner from the lunch menu and it was still plenty of food with chicken and fish entrees available. The biggest difference between the lunch and dinner menu is the price ($20-$25 per entree for lunch and $35 - $42 per entree for dinner). The Bistro Molokini coupons I mentioned earlier in the review reflects "$20 off the price of dinner", but the bistro will also honor the coupons for lunch. Walk to "The Shops at Wailea" about a block away and try Lappert's Hawaiian ice cream. The kids will love it. Free newspapers can be obtained in the pool areas (the papers in the adults only pool run out last). Free toothbrushes and toothpaste can be obtained from housekeeping if you need it.

I considered the Four Seasons for my Maui stay, but the room rate for an ocean view room was almost DOUBLE the rate of the Grand Wailea. The Grand Wailea does not beat the Four Seasons when it comes to service or the fit and finish of the guest rooms. However, the Grand Wailea has the best beach, the most pools, the best water features and the best spa period! My kids had a blast in those pools. I hope the above was helpful. Maholo.

Room Tip: Room 9122 Molokini Wing is a great standard room with an awesome ocean view.
15  Thank Kenneth H