Expected a much higher end clientele (or at least, higher end "looking" clientele. Sometimes felt we were at a Holiday Inn or some such hotel instead of a high end property. Nothing average about the prices, however. Hotel is spottily maintained and often floors are dirty; rooms are clean but tired looking. Walking around you would pass sloppily dressed individuals with poorly supervised kids. The girl at the pool activities desk told me to return the towels at the end of the day; I informed her that for > $900/night (for the Napua tower room) the staff could get the towels themselves. Smoking allowed at the pool despite almost every other lounge chair occupied by a child. Hotel has a rule that you are not allowed to claim lounge chairs which is ludicrous; eveyone does it. Cabanas are $200 /day and for that you are given a map as to it's location; no personal escort by a staff member. Complaints are endured by the staff but don't appear to be taken too seriously. Pool staff looks bored and un-interested; concierge staff is hit and miss as to the type of help and info you will get. Beach was beautiful; you get your own chairs and non one bothers you. Pools/water slide system, giving credit to the the hotel, were clean, considering the vast number of users. Saw a staff individual at the coffee shop mixing salad with her bare fingers. My daughter slipped on a marble stairway going to the ballroom (it was wet) and almost seriously injured herself. Staff did nothing after I informed them of the incident.
If you want personalized, "customer comes first" attitude, with a high class, spotless environment, stay at the Four Season next door.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Wailea, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, is the ultimate destination for a fabulous Hawaii vacation, perfect for families, spa goers, honeymooners, golfers and active vacationers. Situated on 40 acres of lush, tropical Hawaiian gardens, Grand Wailea opens onto Maui's beautiful Wailea Beach, voted one of the best beaches in America, with elegant and newly-renovated accommodations, indulgent spa treatments, fine dining and thrilling recreational options. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Prestigia, TravelUp, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Grand Wailea - A Waldorf Astoria Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Wailea - a Waldorf Astoria Hotel Wailea
- Grand Wailea Maui
- Grand Wailea Resort Maui
- Grand Wailea Hawaii
- Grand Hotel Wailea
- Grand Resort Wailea
- Grand Wailea - A Waldorf Astoria Resort Maui