We stayed at the Grand Wailea Resort as Kamaaina for 3 days. The first day we arrived mid-day and were unable to find a chair by the pool. The next day and every day after I had to get up at 7 AM and rush to find 3 chairs. People were already reserving their spots for the day. There are cabanas by the pools that are extremely expensive ($500.00) and take up most of the reserved seating by the pools. Leaving few spots for everyone else.
The chairs with an umbrella were NEVER available, even when I went first thing.
The staff really catered to the people who paid for a cabana, everyone else seemed to be ignored.
Beware that if your child is not tall enough they will get a white armband and not be allowed to ride the two "big" water slides. Our 5 year old, who is fully able to swim, was not tall enough and they would not give her a regular armband. The kids are the ones who think the slides are so fun and he didn't even get to go. They say they have five slides for all kids. This is the slides between the pools. They are slow and short. This is ridiculous.
The resort charge is a total joke. We never got a lei greeting or Mai Tai. The included internet service was terribly slow.
The valet charge and resort charge added more than $50 a day to the already high room charge. The room wasn't even that nice. Crappy furnishing and dusty ceiling fans.
The maintenance guy wanted to come in and spray for bugs. My husband refused because he didn't want poison all over our stuff.
Not worth the money. Just go to a water park instead.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Wailea, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, is the ultimate destination for a fabulous Hawaii vacation, perfect for families, spa goers, honeymooners, golfers and active vacationers. Situated on 40 acres of lush, tropical Hawaiian gardens, Grand Wailea opens onto Maui's beautiful Wailea Beach, voted one of the best beaches in America, with elegant and newly-renovated accommodations, indulgent spa treatments, fine dining and thrilling recreational options. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, getaroom.com, Hotwire, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Grand Wailea - A Waldorf Astoria Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Wailea - a Waldorf Astoria Hotel Wailea
- Grand Wailea Maui
- Grand Wailea Resort Maui
- Grand Wailea Hawaii
- Grand Hotel Wailea
- Grand Resort Wailea
- Grand Wailea - A Waldorf Astoria Resort Maui