After reading the reviews for this hotel - we pulled the plug and decided to give it a shot. We had been staying in a condo for over a week and ended our time in Maui with a couple of nights here on another part of the island.
First of all - I was concerned about some of the things I had read in the other reviews. We are long time Hilton Honors folks so wasn't sure what to expect but can I just say that this was a very pleasant experience.
From the time we pulled up till the time we departed we were met with very pleasant folks who seem to enjoy what they are doing and where they are working. With the exception of one particular waiter at an on-site restaurant - I was pleased with what we received for our time and effort in staying there.
Yes, this hotel is a bit dated in some ways. And yes, it surely is showing some wear and tear but there is an element of charm about this hotel. It's a shame because if they just put a little bit more money into this particular hotel and perked things up a bit - it would give any of the luxury hotels on the island a run for their money.
Yes, things WERE overpriced but we found a quick drive into Kihei was not too far out of the way. I like spending my money on things that count and we could find a good meal outside of the hotel without any issues.
The rooms were pleasant. Beds were comfortable. There wasn't ANY noise at all - and the view. Wow what a view - to wake up to that each morning was special indeed. The hotel itself did seem a bit crowded at times when you ventured to the pool area but guess that's to be expected for all the rooms this place accommodates.
The bathroom was a bit over the top. It seemed a bit much for the size of the room and honestly I would rather have that extra space in my living area/sleeping area but all in all this was a very pleasant stay.
I would definitely recommend this hotel in the future and wouldn't mind returning...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Wailea, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, is the ultimate destination for a fabulous Hawaii vacation, perfect for families, spa goers, honeymooners, golfers and active vacationers. Situated on 40 acres of lush, tropical Hawaiian gardens, Grand Wailea opens onto Maui's beautiful Wailea Beach, voted one of the best beaches in America, with elegant and newly-renovated accommodations, indulgent spa treatments, fine dining and thrilling recreational options. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TravelUp, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Grand Wailea - A Waldorf Astoria Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Wailea - a Waldorf Astoria Hotel Wailea
- Grand Wailea Maui
- Grand Wailea Resort Maui
- Grand Wailea Hawaii
- Grand Hotel Wailea
- Grand Resort Wailea
- Grand Wailea - A Waldorf Astoria Resort Maui