7,281 results
All reviewswater elevatornapua towerlazy rivergrand wailearope swingchapel wingbistro molokinihibiscus poolvolcano barthe grand dining roomcafe kulaspa grandefour seasonspool areaadult poolper dayvalet parking
Reviewed April 30, 2014

This was our 3rd trip to Muai. The other 2 times we stayed on the far west side at the Kaanapali reosrts area. I really liked the location of this hotel. It's at the end of the road, but much more centrally located. The hotel itself is fantastic, very clean. Great service. It is a big property and takes a day or 2 to figre out how to navigate all teh different levels. Nice beach. If you stay here, make sure and to the end of the road to Big Beach. If you're adventurous you can follow a small trail on the west end of the beach to Little Beach for some nude sunbathing. Sunday afternoon is party time there. i would highly recommend this property.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DannyHinMidlo
Reviewed April 30, 2014

From the moment we arrived at the valet it was a fantastic experience. The grounds were immaculate, and the staff friendly and helpful. Its a big property so make sure you find time to walk all of it. The gardens and koi ponds really made me feel immersed in Hawaii. The pools are pretty impressive. Just make sure you get down there early to get a chair. They fill up quick.

Food was not excessively over-priced like I would expect at a resort. Yes, its more expensive than the mainland, but the portions were usually more than enough to fill me up.

We will stay here again when we make it back to Maui!

Room Tip: I dont know that there is a bad room. It looks like all of them have an ocean view.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 29, 2014

Went with my family. My 4 year old loved the pools, lazy river was great to float around on. Slides were great for the older kids(7 year olds). The grotto bar was great place to watch sports and enjoy a drink. There is a grocery store down near the mall that we went to for food & beverage(booze) to reduce some of the expense but for the most part. Took a scub class & saw some great underwater creatures.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank lor8guy
Reviewed April 28, 2014

What an incredible hotel! They have beautiful common areas with neat statues, landscaping, child pools, adult pools, wedding chapel, beach. This about as good as it gets without being a millionaire. The hotel is kid-friendly with a large series of kid pools. The Beach is public with very fine tan sand, without shells. So you will not step on anything bad, but shell hunting is non-existant. The cost of drinks are unbeleiveable. $24 for a 24 ounce 'souvineer' glass with refills at a meer $12. Yikes! I spent over $100 for 2 sodas, 2 drinks and a plate of nachos. Be warned. MY friend went down to the local Safeway and brought in cans and a cooler, proving he's smarter than I. But It was still a good experience.

Room Tip: If you are not on the ocean side, you can get decent views of both the ocean and mountain along the side of the resort. we were on the 9th floor and could see the atoll that they snorkel and scuba at. I took my coffee every morning on the deck.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed April 28, 2014

Excellent service! Excellent Room! Excellent, excellent, excellent! I would say that resort has all that is good for families: top quality pools (water slides, water elevator, etc.) along with top-quality restaurants and other amenities (e.g., spa) for adults. The place is certainly not run down (despite the constant use by kids) and the staff has always been more than accommodating. It sits right next to the Wailea Mall (smaller mall with fantastic shops).

Room Tip: I would recommend getting a package with free breakfast - the buffet is top-notch & fills the kids up for the day!
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family