This is a very beautiful property.
Staff are awesome.
The only thing I did not really like is the pool areas... People are just packed one on top of each other.
My wife and I were by ourselves, so we went to the adult pool.
40% of the adult pool seating area is reserved for private (pay as you go) seating.
We inquired about 2 chairs that had a little sun shade on them.... $230 per day.
Was afraid to ask what the full gazebos cost.
So the remaining seats for regular guests (and off property members) is quite limited.. and they are all placed very tight.
The claim to have a rule to evacuate your belongings if your chair is unoccupied for 1 hour (awesome!!! first place I have ever seen with this), but it is rarely enforced, unless you complain.
We were able to purchase our own beverages offsite, and bring them to the pool in a little cooler with ice... did not bring glass... nobody seemed to care, which is good, because the drinks from the resort are very expensive.
We at all all of the restaurants, we are mainly meat & potatoes people, so with so much seafood, this left us little choice.... steak or chesseburgers.
Awesome New York Steak @ Alan Wongs... probaby one of the best I've ever had. Great wine list there too.
Breakfast buffet was overpriced for us ($31.50), we are not 3 full plate people.. so we just ordered off the menu after that.
Oh yes, I am a smoker.... if you are too, have fun... you are banished to about half a dozen little huts around the property, or you must go off property (to beach). Cannot even smoke on room balcony. However, I was a couple time surprised to see non-smokers taking a rest break in the the little smoking hut, once a young lady with an enfant in a stroller... my turn to give dirty looks... it did not work though.... oblivious.... so I stood nearby and smoked.
other: lots of kids at this resort.... main pools areas are designed for them, and they love it... lots of corporate groups too, so you will often encounter group events on the grounds, and large groups of co-workers all talking shop... not a bad thing... just be aware of it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Wailea, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, is the ultimate destination for a fabulous Hawaii vacation, perfect for families, spa goers, honeymooners, golfers and active vacationers. Situated on 40 acres of lush, tropical Hawaiian gardens, Grand Wailea opens onto Maui's beautiful Wailea Beach, voted one of the best beaches in America, with elegant and newly-renovated accommodations, indulgent spa treatments, fine dining and thrilling recreational options. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia, Booking.com, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, HotelsforEveryone, Agoda, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Grand Wailea - A Waldorf Astoria Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Wailea - a Waldorf Astoria Hotel Wailea
- Grand Wailea Maui
- Grand Wailea Resort Maui
- Grand Wailea Hawaii
- Grand Hotel Wailea
- Grand Resort Wailea
- Grand Wailea - A Waldorf Astoria Resort Maui