This hotel overall is magnificent in appearance. The layout of the hotel is very nice & the pools/common areas are beautiful. It's quite large so it may take some time to find your way around, but take the footpaths & stairs because they're more enjoyable than riding the elevator. The room size was really nice for a King room. Bathroom was very large. The staff was accommodating with our request for a fan (for some white noise) because the ceiling fan and AC were extremely quiet. Free wifi was provided, but it was quite slow (2-3 MBps). You could upgrade for faster connection for a daily fee. The pools are open until 10pm, but the hotel issues wristbands to control access & the pool concierge closes at 6pm, so get your wristband before dinner if you want to swim later! The adults only Hibiscus pool temp is considerably warmer than the other pools that allow children.
The restaurants are good overall. Adequate for a vegetarian. The restaurants are pricey but the portions are good which makes it a bit of a better value. Amasia (their American/Asian restaurant) was worth a splurge & the time: it's a tapas type restaurant & the food was really good. Cocktails are all overpriced & are very average. Each restaurant has a drink happy hour which means you pay $10 for a drink instead of $12-$15. The best drink special is the Mai Tai at the Humuhumunukunukuapua'a (Hawaiian state fish) restaurant. This restaurant also has a nice seating area for a group of 10.
Cafe Kula serves Starbuck's coffee and has take away type breakfast items (bagel & cream cheese was $6.50). 12 oz coffee starts at around $3.50.
Grand Wailea makes it easy to charge almost anything to your room, but beware - you WILL be surprised with all the charges at checkout.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Wailea, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, is the ultimate destination for a fabulous Hawaii vacation, perfect for families, spa goers, honeymooners, golfers and active vacationers. Situated on 40 acres of lush, tropical Hawaiian gardens, Grand Wailea opens onto Maui's beautiful Wailea Beach, voted one of the best beaches in America, with elegant and newly-renovated accommodations, indulgent spa treatments, fine dining and thrilling recreational options. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Priceline, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly, Agoda, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Grand Wailea - A Waldorf Astoria Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Wailea - a Waldorf Astoria Hotel Wailea
- Grand Wailea Maui
- Grand Wailea Resort Maui
- Grand Wailea Hawaii
- Grand Hotel Wailea
- Grand Resort Wailea
- Grand Wailea - A Waldorf Astoria Resort Maui