This was our 2nd trip to the Grand Wailea and it was every bit as good as our first trip. We were greeted with Plumeria leis in the lobby. The drive up is a huge series of waterfalls with every flowering plant imagineable. The service was great and extremely responsive to our every need. At night they would bring a few Plumerias with a beautiful card to the room and place it near our pillows. Our room was huge and well appointed. It was an ocean view overlooking the lagoon pools. I would have preferred to park the car myself because they charged $30 per day for valet parking but the other alternative was not available. However, the valet parking was extremely good and quick. Each time the car was brought around there were 2 bottles of chilled water in the console. We ate at 2 restaurant here on the grounds during our stay (Molokini Bistro and Humuhumunukunukuapua'a). Both were exceptionally good but priced a little on the high side. We used the Concierge services a few time and were very pleased with their recommendations. Sue and I also took advantage of the beach and pools...doing a little body surfing on the beach and using the waterslides. It was very relaxing.
It is all what you make of it. There are always many people taking advantage of the beautiful beach and wonderful pools but for good reason....because they are so incredible! You don't see alot of people at the bad places to stay. Make sure you take the time to take in the wonderful art collection that adorns the entire resort. We probably took 40 pictures of just the sculptures! The Grand Wailea is a great hotel and we will be back!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Wailea, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, is the ultimate destination for a fabulous Hawaii vacation, perfect for families, spa goers, honeymooners, golfers and active vacationers. Situated on 40 acres of lush, tropical Hawaiian gardens, Grand Wailea opens onto Maui's beautiful Wailea Beach, voted one of the best beaches in America, with elegant and newly-renovated accommodations, indulgent spa treatments, fine dining and thrilling recreational options. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, TravelUp, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Grand Wailea - A Waldorf Astoria Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Wailea - a Waldorf Astoria Hotel Wailea
- Grand Wailea Maui
- Grand Wailea Resort Maui
- Grand Wailea Hawaii
- Grand Hotel Wailea
- Grand Resort Wailea
- Grand Wailea - A Waldorf Astoria Resort Maui