Hotel, pools, beach are beautiful. Our room (5081) was clean, spacious w/ ocean view. Resort reminded me of Vegas. The glitz can be overwhelming. For the price you pay though some things should either be included or done differently. As many have said, lack of free internet is ridiculous in this day and age. The cost to use it at hotel is high. By chance we had dinner next door at 4 Seasons and while walking around came across their business center that had several free computers set up for use. only 1 towel service no where near the adult pool or beach is inconvienient. There was a popcorn machine near the towels that charged $8 for a small bag! That should be comp'd. All rental equipment was pretty pricy but flip side is Wailea is a pricey area. Towels are put out early by the pool chairs but since we were more interested in the beach we didnt care that much. beach is nice and we thought snorkeling by reef near 4 seasons to be decent for beach snorkeling (though we thought it better at Little beach were we saw a turtle just off shore). Despite signs that said they would remove towels from unused chairs, we never saw it happening. Sometimes trying to find a chair after going to the beach was hard. Slides were fun but for our needs, too much noise, activity. We dont have young kids so dont need all that. Had dinner last night at Kinchi?, Japanese rest in hotel. Had an early bird sushi special that was quite good. Dinner next door at Duo's in 4 Season's excellent. Had friends who also ate at Spagos and they loved it. Almost any hotel rest entree will be $35+, drinks $12+. Parking was annoying. Only used valet once. Garage was pretty far from our room. For the $20 valet fee I'd rather buy a drink. At nearby Shops at Wailea can get groceries to take to beach or room. Go to ABC store. Bottom line- Beautiful area, more private than perhaps Lahaina or Ka'anapali but if we were to go back there I'd certainly price $ seasons or other area resort first.
ps- did several excursions (Molikini, Haleakala, Hana and hit some beaches which I'd be happy to share via e-mail)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Wailea, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, is the ultimate destination for a fabulous Hawaii vacation, perfect for families, spa goers, honeymooners, golfers and active vacationers. Situated on 40 acres of lush, tropical Hawaiian gardens, Grand Wailea opens onto Maui's beautiful Wailea Beach, voted one of the best beaches in America, with elegant and newly-renovated accommodations, indulgent spa treatments, fine dining and thrilling recreational options. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Prestigia and Jetsetter so you can book your Grand Wailea - A Waldorf Astoria Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Wailea - a Waldorf Astoria Hotel Wailea
- Grand Wailea Maui
- Grand Wailea Resort Maui
- Grand Wailea Hawaii
- Grand Hotel Wailea
- Grand Resort Wailea
- Grand Wailea - A Waldorf Astoria Resort Maui