Going to the Grand Wailea is a once in a lifetime experience. There's no question that it is a top notch resort with expansive and luxurious spaces. The pools, surrounding grounds and beachfront property make this an idyllic setting for a romantic getaway or a company trip. My wife and I stayed 6 nights as part of a company President's Club trip. That being said, almost all expenses were included which made jade my response some. I also admit that I've been on Kauai and Oahu which also aide my perspective.
It is very hard to beat the views in Hawaii. If you want a tropical, lush experience, Hawaii is the place to go. If you're going to Maui, the Grand Wailea is the place to stay. Our ocean view room was exceptional, no complaints about our view. We had a small maintenance problem and it was handled immediately and professionally with little impact to our vacation. The beach staff were professional and we found the pools to be inviting and the right temperature. The Luau onsite had very good food and the performances were quite well done considering luaus are known for their lack of pizzaz. It is easy to see why so many people want to come to Maui and this resort.
For my few (and I stress few) complaints, I offer them here as helps to readers just to set the proper expectations for your stay.
Prices: This is Hawaii and you should expect everything to be at least double what you might pay in the Caribbean or Mexico. That includes food, entertainment, everything. Unfortunately, I found that the prices for the buffet at breakfast were outrageous for the quality and variety of the food. The service staff was always helpful, but the prices irritated me enormously.
Beach Chairs: If you want a beach chair, they are included. However, plan to arrive on the beach no later than 830a (maybe earlier based on occupancy) if you want to have a hotel provided umbrella and lounge chair. The pool side lounge chairs are VERY hard to find since most of the prime real estate is taken up by cabanas which are for rent (expensive) rather than on a first come first serve basis.
On balance, this was an exceptional experience and the hotel was beyond amazing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Wailea, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, is the ultimate destination for a fabulous Hawaii vacation, perfect for families, spa goers, honeymooners, golfers and active vacationers. Situated on 40 acres of lush, tropical Hawaiian gardens, Grand Wailea opens onto Maui's beautiful Wailea Beach, voted one of the best beaches in America, with elegant and newly-renovated accommodations, indulgent spa treatments, fine dining and thrilling recreational options. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hilton Hotels Direct, Priceline, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Grand Wailea - A Waldorf Astoria Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Wailea - a Waldorf Astoria Hotel Wailea
- Grand Wailea Maui
- Grand Wailea Resort Maui
- Grand Wailea Hawaii
- Grand Hotel Wailea
- Grand Resort Wailea
- Grand Wailea - A Waldorf Astoria Resort Maui