We decided to stay at the Grand Wailea, the one repeat hotel from our first trip (2008). A lot has been said about this particular hotel on the forum and the reviews, but my wife and I really enjoyed it. Yes it is expensive, but I can’t imagine how much work goes into running an establishment of its scale. One noticeable change from our stay in 2008 is that they no longer have a self-parking option and there is a required fee for valet. That being said, the GW had the most accommodating valet staff that I’ve encountered anywhere. Every time we called down for the car it was waiting with cold water bottles supplied and the valet offering towels, proactively asking if we needed directions, and it even appeared that they had done some small clean up. I was impressed and happy with the service, especially when carting tired kids in/ out of the hotel.
One item to mention is on the first day, we got down to the pool around 530 (sun still setting) to find a virtual ghost town. The entire pool scene closes at 5pm, which is fine, but we just wanted a couple towels. Signs say the pool area is open until 10pm, but I guess no services. No matter. We just wanted to get in and enjoyed some pool/ hot tub time. It was the official- vacation had started! On our dripping wet walk back to the room I noticed some rooms had pool towels drying on the balconies. I made a mental note to keep some extra towels around the next day in case we decided to take a post-5pm dip.
Must mention Rose, who greets/ hands out leis at the front entrance. She was great with our kids and offered them special leis each day. They still talk about her.
Overall, we enjoyed it just as much the 2nd time around and I would definitely stay here again. Great pool area, great spa, great food, great service, and a good room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Wailea, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, is the ultimate destination for a fabulous Hawaii vacation, perfect for families, spa goers, honeymooners, golfers and active vacationers. Situated on 40 acres of lush, tropical Hawaiian gardens, Grand Wailea opens onto Maui's beautiful Wailea Beach, voted one of the best beaches in America, with elegant and newly-renovated accommodations, indulgent spa treatments, fine dining and thrilling recreational options. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TravelUp, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Grand Wailea - A Waldorf Astoria Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Wailea - a Waldorf Astoria Hotel Wailea
- Grand Wailea Maui
- Grand Wailea Resort Maui
- Grand Wailea Hawaii
- Grand Hotel Wailea
- Grand Resort Wailea
- Grand Wailea - A Waldorf Astoria Resort Maui