I am currently here at the hotel for a conference. The size of the conference is about 800 people - many with their families here as well. So remember that they cater to conferences...if you are coming here for a vacation do you want to have these types of activities going on as well. As a Hilton Diamond member, I was upgraded upon arrival to a very nice room on the 9th floor with a great view of the ocean. The room is very clean - nice amenities, nice seating on the patio. Not only a great view of the ocean, but also a great view of the gardens and chapel. The furniture in the room is nice - having stayed at the Waldort in Rome this past summer, I'd say that this property needs to step up if they want to keep up with some of their other properties. I have used the gym a couple of times already and it is fantastic - lots of machines, etc. Did preview the spa this morning and have an appt set up for tomorrow afternoon. As a Diamond member, I was provided with a 20% discount on spa services. They do "nickel and dime" you here - but what resort doesn't. As a native Floridian who loves the Gulf Coast...I still have to say St Pete Beach, Sanibel, etc., have it over the beach here at this hotel. First, no alcohol is allowed on the beach - if you want to drink on the beach, go elsewhere! I love to take long walks on the beach (a couple of miles) - Unless you want to add some rock climbing to your walk here, you can walk from one end to the other in just a few minutes. The pools here are great - especially for small children. Group of teens were headed out this morning for long boarding right off the beach - great activity for them. Plus great hikes in the area.
Many reviews in the past mentioned that the staff are not polite, etc. I haven't found that - remember, a smile and polite manners go both ways. They have been extremely helpful here and my check-in was a very pleasant process. Even followed up with a phone call once I was in my room to make sure everything was perfect. Housekeeping came today, and I always leave a tip - the room was perfect when I returned. I'm sure it would have been even without the tip, but something that I always do.
Did run over to the Wailea Shops next door upon arrival. There is an ABC store there and some of the items (water, beverages to include liquor, wine, food, etc) are cheaper than the market store here on the property. About a miles walk away is another shopping area with some great little restaurants, a wine shop and a Subway sandwich shop - about a 15 minute walk away. And, being Maui, it's a beautiful walk!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Wailea, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, is the ultimate destination for a fabulous Hawaii vacation, perfect for families, spa goers, honeymooners, golfers and active vacationers. Situated on 40 acres of lush, tropical Hawaiian gardens, Grand Wailea opens onto Maui's beautiful Wailea Beach, voted one of the best beaches in America, with elegant and newly-renovated accommodations, indulgent spa treatments, fine dining and thrilling recreational options. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Priceline, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Grand Wailea - A Waldorf Astoria Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Wailea - a Waldorf Astoria Hotel Wailea
- Grand Wailea Maui
- Grand Wailea Resort Maui
- Grand Wailea Hawaii
- Grand Hotel Wailea
- Grand Resort Wailea
- Grand Wailea - A Waldorf Astoria Resort Maui