“Excellent Hotel”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver - Tech Center
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Centennial
Reviewed July 3, 2007

We were treated very well during our 5 days and would stay here again. We arrived at 7:35 pm and the Managers Reception ended at 7:30. The manager on duty could tell we were tired from traveling all day and he fixed us up with some drinks. Our room was very clean, quiet and the accomadations were great. We requested more towels and they arrived quickly. The breakfast was great and each evening the Manager's Reception was wonderful. The hotel is in a safe location with a lovely walking park right out the door complete with waterfalls and a vita course. The staff was helpful and courteous.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver - Tech Center

Reviewed June 6, 2007

Great stay, great people, great service...

The location was perfect for me: I needed to stay somewhere between Denver Int Airport and Colorado Springs. DIA is about a 40 minute drive and Colorado Springs about 65 minutes. Easy access off of the interstate, close to cenntential airport and lots of chain locations for shopping, food, coffee, etc....

The breakfast was wonderful, the room modern and well appointed and I have not a complaint in the world! Great business location and great business hotel.

• Stayed: June 2007
2  Thank Scot D
Reviewed February 27, 2007

My husband and I just returned from a 4 day stay at the Embassy Suites in Englewood, Colorado. My husband was attending a workshop and since I had never been to Denver before, I decided to tag along.

We were disappointed when we realized where the property was located. It is quite far from downtown and there's not much to do if you don't have a car (we broke down and rented one after a couple of days). The reason being that the area is used as a business park. There's a shuttle, however, that will take you to Park Meadows Mall and restaurants within a 6 mile radius. It runs pretty efficiently and Robert,one of the drivers, is quite knowledgeable about the area. He told me about the Light Rail that takes you downtown; the hotel shuttle will drop you off and pick you up at the train station.

The rooms are new and clean. I am a very picky hotel guest but was pleased with the room. Some rooms have views of the rockies. Ours didn't but that was fine since I spent most of my time outdoors. The hotel lobby and atrium didn't pass my cleanliness criteria. It took the staff 3 days to vacuum crumbs all over the atrium carpet.

The complimentary breakfast was very nice with made to order omelets, bacon, waffles, pancakes, pastries, cereal, etc. The coffee served at breakfast was OK. Avoid drinking the one from the room. Rarely have I tasted such bad coffee!

I would normally go for a swim in the hotel pool but I questioned the cleanliness of this one as well as of the hot tub. Needless to say, I would avoid them both. There was a strange looking foam on the surface of the hot tub and some kind of painting/renovation was going on in the pool area.

The staff was friendly overall. Occasionally, the front desk staff would act as if we bothered them with our questions. Some of them didn't know much about Denver. We were sent to the wrong place twice (first to a restaurant, the second time to a car rental agency -Enterprise, just up the street-that doesn't exist anymore).

Overall, it was an OK stay. I probably won't stay there again. I have stayed at much better Embassy Suites in the past. Lesson learned: next time I will research WHERE the hotel is located and make sure it's not in the middle of nowhere.

Stayed: February 2007
2  Thank SnowPaige
Reviewed January 6, 2007

We are relocating to Denver later this year so made our first trip out there house-hunting. We were there Jan 2 thru Jan 5. Our ES stay was Jan 3 thru Jan 5.

The Good:
It's an Embassy Suites. I love the design of most of their properties, with rooms that all face a central atrium court. I love that the bedrooms are at the rear of the units, away from the corridor. You avoid hearing the yakking of people who don't understand the concept of "indoor voices".

The free food and drinks: You get the manager's reception at night from 5 to 7 30 pm (I think that's right but may vary depending on the night of the week). You get the full breakfast every morning which ends at 9 am on weekdays and I think 10 30 on wknds.

The amenities in the room mostly worked well -- microwave, coffee maker, fridge. Rooms are very very spacious. Beds very comfortable. There's a computer for guests in the lobby offering free internet.

We got a great rate -- $109. There were free bottles of Arrowhead water chilling in the fridge that were our benefit for being Hilton Honors members. Free newspaper in the morning.

Shower had good water pressure and tub drained well (something of a rarity, it seems!)

Now, for the Not-So-Good (and this may explain why we were able to get a room here for less than half the other nearby Embassy Suites were charging):

Pay-per-view movies ($10) were accompanied by completely broken sound quality on the TV. Regular free TV was fine, but when you bought a movie, the sound got all staticky and even would go mute a LOT making the movie almost unwatchable. (Front Desk clerk Bea did take the charge off the bill without giving us a hard time, though she did so in a very unsmiling way).

After our first full day out, we returned at 7 pm to an uncleaned room. When I called to report "housekeeping never came to our room today", the person at the front desk first accused me of having left the Do Not Disturb sign out (actually I had left it in the bathroom), and then said "is there something specific you need?" Which I did not know what to do with. Yes, I specifically need housekeeping to come clean our room. I literally had to say that. I'm not a diva about these things but I was stunned by the failure of staff to apologize and make the situation right, immediately. The girl was not snotty -- none of the staff were snotty -- but more clueless about their job. She informed me that she'd send someone up. It took a half hour but the girl finally came and did a kind of halfway job but at least we got towels and our beds made.

Staff were not friendly but they were not horrid either. It was weird. It was like they were Stepford Staff.

We were there in the aftermath of the blizzards, and their parking lot was about 20 lawsuits waiting to happen. EVERYWHERE else we went in Denver had long since shoveled their parking lots into a safe status but this place was a mess in that regard. I was in the lobby minding my own beeswax when I heard another patron tell the front desk guy that she had slipped on the ice. His blase response was "well, all of Denver, you know..." like that was an appropriate way to respond. So I gently added, in support of the other patron, that the parking lot in its present condition is really dangerous and that other places have done way more in getting things cleaned up, and then the other patron said the same thing, and the clerk mumbled something about the parking lot being too steep or something else like that that didn't make sense. It was aggravating because both the other patron and I were trying to do the hotel a favor by giving them warning that someone might get hurt and sue, and with good grounds to do so.

I would simply suggest that if the staff member who receives feedback like this, they should apologize for inconvenience and promise to report the feedback to their supervisor. That would have been fine even though you know, as the patron, that nothing will probably happen.

In another similar incident, we totally politely reported, on check-out, that neither of the two sinks in our room drained properly and that in particular, the wet-bar sink gurgled for hours and hours, thru the night, waking me up thru my ear plugs. My intent was to let them know that they'll want to have it serviced before the next guest is inconvenienced and maybe that guest won't be so polite and cool about it. Well, the girl just stared at me like "what do you want me to do about it?" Again, I just assumed I'd hear "oh my goodness, so sorry for the inconvenience. I'll have someone look at it." But the staff here are just fundamentally incapable of the most basic degrees of interaction with guests who have concerns.

Re the free food and drinks. They were super super stingy at the cocktail reception. "Each guest must present their room key and may order no more than two drinks per approach to the bar" etc etc. I just am not a big fan of pettiness like that. Not that either my husband or myself would ever order more than ONE drink at a time, but just that they have a SIGN made is so small. There should be a classier way for them to handle the people who "abuse" the reception. Anyway.

My husband and I each ordered a water and a soda after being told coffee was not included and we would have to pay for it. What?? I've never encountered anything like that at other ESs and was shocked. Then when we returned for refills at 7 30 on the nose, the waitress said "actually the reception is over but I'll go ahead and refill this for you". Again, petty and small (to say nothing of the fact that we were there at 7 30, not 7 31).

(The food at the manager's reception included a station with tortilla chips and salsa along with a sign saying "tortilla chips and salsa", as well as a station with fresh vegs and ranch dressing with a similar sign. We joked that if we used the salsa on the vegs or the ranch on the chips, staff would come running over and inform us that we weren't following the rules of the manager's reception. That's how militant the whole operation felt).

We missed the morning food because we are not able to be up and presentable before 9 am. Personally I think they should extend the breakfast til 10 30 every day of the week, but I suppose I'm fighting an uphill battle in this regard. That the bkfst ended at 9 am is not part of the reason for the lukewarm review.

The fitness room looked good but at least two of the machines were broken and of course they were the two my husband and I wanted to use.

All in all, I would say that the stay was quite good, and the complaints outlined above were minor. They merit mention here mostly because staff were so curiously lacking in their ability to respond appropriately. I never saw a staff member smile at us or anyone else, even though the majority of our interactions with them were not negative. Even on check-in, no smiles nor any sort of warm greeting. None of the interactions involved our being anything but polite and smiling in registering our concerns, but still no smiling or apologizing or anything you might regard as "customer service."

Dang, I totally sound like a crank. I'm not a crank, I promise. :-)

• Stayed: January 2007, traveled on business
4  Thank NLCSMVP96
Reviewed December 30, 2006

We stayed here a few years ago and this is definately a completely different hotel, all new rooms, the lobby is gorgeous, it is very clean. Free cooked to order breakfast with REAL plates and silver. The food was great, the people are all great. In fact, we were stuck there during the Denver blizzard and most of the employees stayed overnight to ensure there were people to cook the food, etc the next morning. Free drinks every day from 5:330 to 7:30 - and snacks, which the kids loved. This place is definately under new management. The bed is awesome, very comfortable and fluffly blankets, pillows, etc. We loved the hotel and would definately recommend anyone stay there.

Stayed: December 2006
3  Thank joanbosoxfn
A TripAdvisor Member
Littleton, CO
Reviewed April 11, 2006

I spent the weekend with my family and was completely impressed with this hotel. The staff was very friendly and we receiced a FREE HOT breakfast every morning / drinks each evening. My son liked "customizing" his waffle and the cook was quick to offer his help / suggestions. If you are looking for a comfortable place to stay with a service focused staff, this would be a good choice.

• Stayed: February 2006
5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Monrovia, CA
Reviewed November 8, 2005

I stayed here for 10 nights in September/October for business. I got the Park Meadows package which gave me a gift certificate at the mall for my stay at the hotel (the price is just added onto the rate, no discount, but good for business travelers!). Turns out you can only get two nights worth of certificates, but they changed the rate for the rest of the stay to reflect the change. The rooms are clean and modern. They held a wedding reception on a Saturday night which did get a little loud, but ended around 10:00, so not too bad. Good location, close to Park Meadows and some other little areas.

• Stayed: September 2005, traveled on business
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Centennial
Hyatt House Denver Tech Center
Homewood Suites Denver Tech Center
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Denver Tech Center
Hyatt Place Denver-South/Park Meadows
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Denver Tech
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Denve...
#3 of 14 in Greenwood Village
Hilton Denver Inverness
Hilton Denver Inverness
#3 of 23 in Englewood

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver - Tech Center? Share your experiences!