“Great Value - Embassy Suites Denver Tech Center”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver - Tech Center
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Centennial
Highlands Ranch, Colorado
“Great Value - Embassy Suites Denver Tech Center”
Reviewed September 26, 2005

Great value with large suites, safe and clean, cooked breakfast included, friendly and caring staff, nice location, and all at a very reasonable price. I will definitely be back!!!

2 Thank gk303

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Delray Beach, Florida
Reviewed June 28, 2005

I lined up several rooms at this hotel in the Tech Center for a group of us going down for a basketball tournament. I wasn't overly impressed with the information that I received from the reservations line so I did have to call the hotel directly to clarify a few things...as it turns out, I was misinformed on a few things from the reservations team that is located off site.

The people at reservations told me that the hotel had completed a renovation in the spring of '05 but I found out from the hotel staff that they were still in the renovation process. I was also told that the pull out sofas were large enough for two teen boys (we had an extra kid with us) and as it turns out, they were single loveseat pull out beds that were much too small for two teen boys. Between the hotel and the reservation line, I was told two different things about availability for double bed suites and they misinformed me about a family/movie package called the family cinema package. At check in, I did inform the staff of the confusion and told them that it would be in their best interest to get the correct information to the people at the reservations site. That part was definately time consuming and frustrating for me when I was trying to get details and secure the rooms.

I requested the newer renovated rooms and we were very impressed with the new design, colors, fabrics, etc. The rooms looked very classy with the updated decor and the beds were very comfortable! The beds were so pretty we didn't want to mess them up! The also accomodated us by putting our rooms next to eachother.

There were a few tell- tale signs that the room was older such as a fan/vent fixture in the bathroom that still needed repair and the doors seemed to stick a bit, but overall, the room was appointed beautifully and it was very comfortable. The "living area" had a desk, and large leather chair, a beautiful large square dark wood dining table and chairs that looked like Pottery Barn style and a small loveseat/sofa bed with beautiful tapestry fabric. The marble countertop bar area had a small mini fridge that was very cold and a nice new microwave. It was a very nice area for the boys to relax and watch TV and eat pizza after the games.

The bathroom had nice marble countertops with nice sink area and tiled floors and the bathtub shower area was larger than most. There was an exposed vent area that was missing the actual vent cover and there was no working fan in the bathroom so that must be on the "to do" list for that room along with re-alligning the door so it closes and locks with ease. The bathroom was very pretty with a very large framed mirror and sconce style lighting on the sides of the mirror.

The reception had fresh cut veggies and chips both nights and we were a little surprised that they didn't offer something different the next night like they do at other Embassy Suites. The one in Denver near 16th St. has always offered a very nice array of fresh veggies, chips and warm queso, a beautiful cheese tray, etc. and we've had the same from other E. Suites at various places. This reception seemed a bit on the "cheap side" compared to others and we heard a few others commenting on that aspect as well....but how can you complain when it is a complimentary "happy hour?" The only thing I'd change here is to talk to the staff at the bar. The first night they were very nice and friendly and the second night a new set of ladies were working the bar and one was rather grumpy! She obviously didn't want to be there and people noticed!

The general area of the hotel seemed clean and bright and the breakfast was excellent. There was a "cooked to order" area for omelettes and hashbrowns or your choice of eggs, along with hot trays of bacon, sausage, scrambled eggs, hashbrowns, blintzes, french toast, waffles & pastries, fruit, breads and coffees & juices.

The pool area was clean and inviting along with a jacuzzi and a 5' deep swimming pool. There were nice tables and chairs and green plants surrounding the pool.

Each floor was lined with nice rails and hanging plants which added a pretty touch.

Overall, I'd give this hotel an A and I would easily recommend this hotel to anyone! (If you're going to stay there anytime soon, request a newly renovated room and you'll be very surprised at what a beautiful job they've done!) The only thing I'd change (and I did tell them at the front desk) is to get with the people at the reservations dept. and get their stories straight on all areas of the hotel details! Once they heard about the conflicting details, they agreed and quickly made changes and I appreciate their willingness to listen!

As far as location, the hotel is very close to I-25 and quite a few nice restaraunts. If you take I -25 south just a short distance you'll find Park Meadows Mall and shopping area with a HUGE array of nice stores & restaraunts. (The mall is one of the best Denver has to offer and it has a cheesecake factory too!)

• Stayed June 2005
5 Thank NchantedMoments
Reviewed May 7, 2005

WOW....based on the previous reviews, I was a little hestitant in booking this hotel. Fortunately, the hotel either changed their ways or the other reviews were TOTALLY off the mark. The staff was the friendliest I have ever encountered and Julie (Concierge) / Randy (Breakfast Cook) took care of my children like they were their own. The lobby & atrium were BEAUTIFUL and allowed my family the opportunity to "spread out" during our stay (vs being locked away in the room). The hostess continued to check on us while in the atrium to see if she could provide drinks, etc even though we were not even in the restaurant....WHAT SERVICE!!!!! The room was VERY nice with an EXTREMELY comfortable bed (the staff told me it was the NEW "Suite Dreams" bed), marble counter tops throughout and what looked to be brand new furnishings (I think they just finished a renovation). Either way, I would HIGHLY recommend this hotel. The staff went out of their way and the entire hotel is GORGEOUS!!!!

• Stayed April 2005
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 23, 2004

I agree that you should STAY AWAY! The hotel needs refurnishing badly from the lobby to the rooms. The room was not clean and the droning of the elevators kept us up all night, so stay away from them (we moved into another room after the first night). The breakfast was fair - the plastic forks and knives were not very condusive to an enjoyable meal. The tables were not cleaned and it was difficult to find a clean one to sit at. The staff did treat us well and were understanding of all our problems (the coffeepot in the door did not work, the bed in the suite had a metal bar that hit you just in the small of your back, the rooms smelled musty etc.). We love Embassy Suites, but I do not think we will ever stay in this one again...

Reviewed March 10, 2004

We stayed here for a formal party being held at the hotel. Note that the price on the internet,expedia,orbitz, etc, will probably be cheaper than the "party" rate given to the person hosting an event. Upon arrival, I requested the better rate and was refused by the front desk.They were pretty arrogant about it and the attitiude seemed to be that you were stuck there anyway.Rooms are a good size , but dirty and the hotel does offer all the ammenities that Embassy Suites are known for and make it a good value.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Bradenton, FL
Reviewed September 17, 2003

"Stay away!! We selected this hotel to host guests in town for our son's wedding & rehearsal dinner because we stayed there several years ago. It was wonderful back then, but under new management now... and an insult to the Embassy & Hilton names. They screwed up our reservations for 3 rooms and the manager only agreed to correct the error after 2 days of phone calls (causing us to miss appts, bridal showers..).
Staff/Management were rude and insulting, actually lied to our faces, "lost" our "group hold" for the wedding so when guests called to make reservations, were told there was no wedding. Space here won't allow an entire list but the hotel itself was also run worse than a cheap roadside motel. One example: no regular plates, etc. in the restaurant, only PLASTIC silverware and FOAM plates!! Horrible hotel. Please heed this warning and stay away!"

Pros: Julie the Concierge was wonderful (the ONLY good thing about the entire hotel). Cons: Mean & rude management, Staff is always gone.

10 Thank LWRmike
Also consider these accommodations in or near Centennial
Hyatt House Denver Tech Center
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Denver Tech Center
Homewood Suites Denver Tech Center
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Denver Tech
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Denve...
#3 of 14 in Greenwood Village
Hyatt Regency Denver Tech Center
Wingate by Wyndham Greenwood Village/Denver Tech
Wingate by Wyndham Greenwood Vil...
#1 of 14 in Greenwood Village

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver - Tech Center? Share your experiences!