“Customer Service Abysmal”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver - Tech Center
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Centennial
Reviewed April 6, 2012

From the moment I arrived the staff working here made it clear that the customer came last. I walked up to the front desk to check in and was greeted with the front desk clerk telling me she would be right with me as she proceeded to make a call in front of me. I thought it was important since no one else was there but she contacted someone in housekeeping about an internal message. Not so terrible but then when checking in was told there was no bell person or anyone to help with luggage...basically get a cart and do it yourself. I do want to say the room was very clean and in a quiet area as I requested. The "complimentary evening hors d' oeuvres consisted of bulk bag corn chips and salsa. Complimentary breakfast ended at 9AM sharp but I was traveling from the west coast so on a dif time zone. I arrived at 9:10AM EST and couldn't even get a muffin. Upon checking out, which at this point my expectations were so low anyway, I went downstairs to get a luggage cart. I rolled it past an African American gentleman whom I thought *might* be a staff member because he had a name tag. But he did not stop me from bringing the cart upstairs nor did he say anything. When I came back down all loaded up he and two of the front desk clerks were chatting away. I left the cart and went and pulled my car around. As I wheeled it out and put one suitcase in the trunk this employee did finally come out and assisted with the second piece of luggage. I told him how disappointed I was with the service at this Embassy Suites Hotel. I really can honestly suggest to management that they retrain their staff. Maybe the wages there are such that the staff does not need nor want any gratuity. I have never had this poor of service at an Embassy Suites before so it was surprising. I think I even stayed here many years ago and this was not the case at all.

Room Tip: If you are only traveling for one day and have no suitcase this place is fine but do not expect the...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo

Reviewed April 1, 2012

The suite was clean and it was very nice to have a room with a separtate living area and sleeping room. The kitchenette came in very handy - even with the breakfast offered it was nice to have snacks in the room.

The rooms are all centered around a central eating area on the first floor. And can make for some noise to carry throughout the hotel. At least for the weekend we stayed, there were children everywhere. And there was constant activity coming and going to the indoor pool. But could have just a busy weekend...

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank IndoorCamper
Reviewed March 31, 2012

I forgot that the same thing happened 6 years ago when I stayed here: the sink gurgles in the morning - in fact it was my alarm clock! Otherwise it was a good stay for the night and breakfast was good.

Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank ck_in_a_suitcase
Reviewed March 30, 2012

This Embassy Suites location is great - easy to access and surrounded by great options for supper.

The dining area for breakfast is massive. The chefs here have a great attitude and the staff lays out the dining area to be very quick and efficient.

The room has a smaller couch bed than other Embassy Suites. We usually put two children on the couch bed, but this couch bed is a bit small.

The pool area is nice as well, and located in a great spot within the hotel.

Room Tip: There is a room right above the pool - quite noisy.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank wantingbetterservice
Reviewed March 17, 2012

Suite was adequate and clean. The highlight is definitely the managers cocktail reception and the complimentary breakfast. Made to order omelettes, waffles, and fresh bacon all was very nice! I've stayed here twice in the past year and have been pleased specifically with the staff. Great people!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 9, 2012

Very well run, well kept. Great service and people. We have stayed here at least once each year for the past 7 or 8 years -- and have never been disappointed. We especially appreciate the cooked to order breakfast and the chef is awesome. He has been there since we started coming here -- always professional and efficient, and he makes the best omelets in the world (not runny, but not over-cooked). GREAT VALUE.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank mcmani
Reviewed November 28, 2011

We stayed at the Embassy Suites Denver Tech Center over the Thanksgiving weekend while visiting our daughter and family. I would describe this hotel as very comfortable in every way. The staff were helpful and friendly. Our room was immaculate and very inviting in the colors, the materials, the carpeting. The two TVs were Phillips flat-screens, and the pictures were so vivid and had such amazing color that it made me come home and do some adjustments on our TV to try to get it to look that good!

As in most Embassy Suites that do made-to-order breakfast, there can be quite a wait in line, but the atmosphere was so pleasant that it made the wait worthwhile. Many choices of seating while eating breakfast; we chose comfortable chairs surrounding a low coffee table.

Our grandchildren came one morning to swim with us. The pool looks small, but is really very adequate once you’re in it. Even though there were quite a few people and kids swimming, we had plenty of room, and the pool was nicely heated, too.

I would highly recommend this hotel to both couples and families. Even though there were many families with children, something about the acoustics helped to maintain a quiet and warm atmosphere throughout.

Room Tip: I don’t believe it makes any difference what room or what floor you are on, unless you like being on...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank James G
Also consider these accommodations in or near Centennial
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Denver Tech Center-Centennial
Hampton Inn Denver Tech Center South
Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver Tech Center North
Hyatt House Denver Tech Center
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Denver Tech Center
Staybridge Suites Denver Tech Center

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver - Tech Center? Share your experiences!