“Steakhouse that doesn't break the bank”

Longhorn Steakhouse
Ranked #7 of 157 Restaurants in Centennial
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Centennial, Colorado
“Steakhouse that doesn't break the bank”
Reviewed August 12, 2014 via mobile

I've eaten at other stores in this chain and am glad they finally opened one in my area.

I've only been to this location once and it definitely deserves my repeat business. Service was attentive without being intrusive. The server even asked if I wanted lemon in my ice water. Most places just assume that everybody likes a lemon slice in their water. I don't, so that was a happy start to the evening.

We didn't try appetizers. A small loaf of bread arrived with our drinks.

I had a 12 ounce prime rib and my companion the small filet. Both were cooked as ordered. As is common practice, the prime rib has a lightly herbed and peppery crust, and comes with little bowl of very salty jus. That's not a problem for me, but you might want to be aware.

They were very accommodating of my companion's special requests as to preparation. She pronounced everything as perfect.

Salads were well chilled, not overdressed, and had fresh ingredients. For our side dishes, we had fries and baked sweet potato, neither remarkable.

They have a small wine list but it seems to be reasonably priced. A couple of glasses of Malbec were quite satisfying. We passed on the desserts, but will try some next time when we have smaller entrees.

Total bill was around $70 including tip and tax. Not cheap, but a far better value than the big expense-account steakhouses. You know who you are.

Visited August 2014

Centennial
“This Steakhouse ain't peanuts!”
Reviewed August 8, 2014

We had seen the television commercials, seemingly forever, but having never visted a Longhorn Steakhouse we didn't know what to expect. Well, let me tell you with our first visit, they set the bar way high! We kicked things off with the Spinach/Artichoke Dip. Served with crispy tortilla chips on the side, the sauce was smoothly blended, topped with cheese but not too powerful in any flavor direction. The salty finish was just right. Next we did the Raspberry Viniagrette salad, the flavor of which was startlingly immediate at first bite. And amazing. The Caesar Salad was actually tart, just like in the old days before restaurants began spiralling into their neutral, don't offend anyone with flavor cop out. Two for two, could it be we have found steakhouse heaven? For the entree both my wife and I ordered our favorite, boneless ribeye. They were not only properly cooked but wonderfully tender, flavorful and not overly fatty. The Mac and Cheese side consisted of the big shells I love and was marvelous. Three for three! Only our being stuffed kept us from trying a dessert. Next time in we will forego the appetizer and go for the after dinner sweatness. All that, including one adult beverage for each for $63.00. Add a generous tip to that, the service was great. And a manager was out and about, visiting at tables, including ours. Now, you can go to that other steakhouse that lets you feast on peanuts because it's not bad, but now that we've experienced Longhorn we have a new favorite steakhouse. I'm guessing each subsequent visit will be as excellent as our first!

• Visited August 2014
Denver, Colorado
“Slow Service..Poor Hygiene”
Reviewed August 2, 2014

We were excited to see that the restaurant had opened. We stopped in on a Saturday afternoon. It was not very busy. It took forever to get waited on. Then forever to get some drinks. We had a couple appetizers. The Corn Fritters were good. The fried Green tomatoes were four slices for $7 a little pricey. When the food came I absolutely hit the roof. The server of my plate had his thumb in my food. If that was not bad enough he had a dirt under his thumbnail. I sent it back the manager came out and made it right but the look on her face was more that I was an unreasonable patron. I watched the staff while waiting for food and they need to tighten up on their hygiene standards. Its not over the top but not as good as it should be. The entries the others in my party had were tasty but pretty salty. Its new and has just been opened up a couple weeks. I hope they can improve their service and procedures.

• Visited August 2014
Denver, Colorado
“Thank God, It's Finally Here!!!”
Reviewed July 16, 2014

I have eaten at Longhorn Steakhouse over the years while visiting my family in the Kansas City area and have always been impressed with the quality and price of their food. We have been cruelly teased by the commercials that offer their various dinner specials however we could never partake because there wasn't a Longhorn Steakhouse in the Denver metro area.....until now! My excitement regarding this restaurant might also be evident in the fact that I am the first to post a review regarding our dining experience here which took place only 5 days after they opened their doors.

I was surprised that I wasn't the only Longhorn geek that knew that they opened this week. The place was full (it was a Saturday night after all) when we arrived and we had to wait only 30 minutes for a seat. Hey, in Denver that's no big deal so we gladly took a pager and waited for our turn. When we were seated my wife decided to order a strawberry margarita. Having no better drink ideas of my own not to mention being very secure with my manliness I decided to have one with her. Yeah, that was a mistake! She enjoyed hers but I found the strawberry flavor to be very artificial tasting with very little alcohol.

We both ordered different sized sirloin steaks and they were delicious! The cut was perfect - not too tough or fatty and cooked to a perfect medium rare as ordered. My only complaint about the meal was that the seasoning applied to the meat was a little too salty for my taste but that didn't stop me from making short work of it. The meal came with side salads (pretty basic) and dinner side (I had rice pilaf which again was pretty basic and my wife had an impressive looking and tasting loaded baked potato). When we were through we were both stuffed and they almost had to roll us out of there! I believe the entire meal after cocktails, food, tax and tip cost the two of us around $65.

I'm very glad that they finally opened a Longhorn Steakhouse in the Denver metro area. I have a feeling this will be a favorite meeting/dinner spot with my extended family for some time to come. If you're a meat eater and want a steak at about the same value as Outback but way better in quality, give it a try.

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank Legamania

Been to Longhorn Steakhouse? Share your experiences!