“Surprisingly good pizza (says the East Coast girl)” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mellow Mushroom

Mellow Mushroom
Reserve with OpenTable
Mellow Mushroom is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 157 Restaurants in Centennial
Cuisines: Bar, Pizza
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Mellow Mushroom at The Streets at SouthGlenn is proud to serve Centennial with delicious pizza, hoagies, calzones and salads. Providing quality food since 1974, we use fresh ingredients on all our menu items. Mellow Mushroom is more than just a pizza restaurant; it is where Centennial pizza lovers and beer lovers gather. Our menu and locations are as eclectic as our fans. Shop our Mellow shirts and see the unique artwork in each of our locations. The search for the best pizza in Centennial is over.
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Surprisingly good pizza (says the East Coast girl)”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I used to live in Virginia, and Mellow Mushroom was one of my husband and my first dates. Since moving to Colorado, we've been looking for decent pizza for ages. This hit the spot (others have too, but Mellow has some excellent topping options- unique and delicious). We've only been to this location once, but so far, this is the one we were most impressed by. We were quite disappointed by the one in Denver. The other one in the Centennial area was good also, but this one totally beat it in terms of overall feel. It was very close to an ice rink, the atmosphere was calm and warm, the place was decorated beautifully, and the people were wonderful. Excellent experience and delicious food. (We didn't drink that night at this location, but in my experience at Mellow there's also an incredible beer selection- still need to try that in Colorado)

Visited December 2013

jacksonville
“Holy Shitake add Ground Beef”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Amazing, just amazing. We were traveling and missed something familiar. Other chain restaurants don't give you the homelike feel, like this one. Love it. We added ground beef to the Holy Shitake with a side of Marinara is the best of all worlds.

Visited September 2013
Centennial
“A great third choice for pizza”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

Now that I have your attention, I will qualify the title by saying that no Pizza will ever be as good as Godfather's Pizza, which is no longer in Denver, or the defunct Roman Village Pizza, long gone from Boulder. However, that being said, I will add that Mellow Mushroom stands on its own with excellent quality pizza and salads. The price is a bit steep but we don't mind paying for quality.

• Visited September 2013
Castle Rock, Colorado
“Terrific pizza, even better beer selection”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013

This is a chain, so I can only review the one I've been to, although I'm assuming they are all very similar. The atmosphere is pretty wild, with decorative 'mellow mushrooms' all over the place. It is very kid friendly, but there is a very adult theme here with the schrooms. Anyway, great pizza, the crust is incredibly addicting, is it sweeter than most. The salads are good as well, but as a main course, stick to what they're good at, pizza. The beer selection for a chain is second to none. Not only do they have all your favorites, but the vast majority of the draft beer is local beer only, and I guess they do that in all their locations. Very cool. The waitstaff is the only reason I did not give this place an excellent rating. Although they were nice, I have yet to get a server who knows anything about the great selection of beer. My server on our last visit actually tried to tell me that a pale ale is very smooth and sweet. If you know your beers at all, you know this to so not be true. Good fun though!

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Denver, Colorado
“Great pizza, lots of vegetarian options.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013

In addition to excellent pizza, the Mushroom has delicious sandwiches. My favorite is the Mushroom Club, with lots of deli meat, caamelized onions, sprouts and of course mushrooms. We also get the Philosopher's Pie, with half seitan for the vegetarians, and half steak. Everyone is happy!

Visited June 2013