“New Years Eve with the Kids :)”
Review of Celebrity Lanes

Celebrity Lanes
Ranked #6 of 11 Fun & Games in Centennial
Reviewed January 14, 2014

We had a great time, rented a couple of lanes, had some snacks, bowled, champagne toast at midnight, great time!!!

Reviewed June 20, 2013

We had a groupon and for 7 of us it was over $150 with a pizza. Amazing for 2 hours. I can think of a lot more fun activities to do for 1/2 the price with the family. I will most likely not be back there any time soon.

1  Thank crmartinez
Reviewed May 27, 2013

On December 7th, 2012 my pregnant wife and our children ate lunch together at Jackson’s at Celebrity Lanes after going bowling. My wife and young daughter (then, just 12 months old) shared the fish and chips. They still had food leftover, so they had it packed up and brought it home to me. I ate the remainder of their leftovers when they got home.

Shortly thereafter my daughter and wife became violently ill. A couple of hours following the start of their illness, I also became sick. After a few hours of intense vomiting and diarrhea, my wife called her OBGYN. As she was unable to hold down any liquids at all, she was risking severe dehydration for both herself and our unborn baby. Her doctor advised her to go to the emergency room to receive IV fluids, and to run tests to eliminate any other possibilities besides food poisoning.

While at the Emergency Room, my wife was given multiple bags of IV fluids and the doctors ran a number of tests to rule out all other possibilities besides food poisoning. She was discharged a number of hours later, after all of the tests came back negative, thus leading to a diagnosis of food borne illness from the physician. Thankfully, my daughter and I were able to avoid trips to the ER, however, the situation was clearly much more serious for my wife due to her pregnancy.

The charges for my wife’s visit to the ER totaled $1,643.55. We have requested that Celebrity Lanes pay for the expenses we incurred as a result of their food. They have refused to do so even after being furnished with our original receipt, and all of the medical records including lab results, and the physician’s report concluding a diagnosis of food borne illness.

We’ve been very disappointed by Celebrity Lanes’ lack of both integrity and sympathy. Please beware of patronizing Celebrity Lanes.

2  Thank Joseph S
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Funny thing is, this particular time I'm reviewing is the SECOND time we attempted to bowl there. The first was a few months prior and after waiting an hour and still no clear answer as to when we'd get a lane we just opted to do something else.

My husband and I decided maybe we caught them on a bad night and decided to give them a second chance. We came in and got our buzzer to get a lane (ok, still crowded, here we go again), but that was okay, we were going to grab dessert and a drink at the restaurant.

It took awhile for any of the staff to recognize we were waiting to be seated, and they weren't even full. Again we made excuses maybe because it was later in the evening?

Well we get seated, considerable wait for someone to take order...make order. And here's the funny part. We ask for a brownie sundae but we ask is the brownie hot? The waitress says no, but she can warm it for us. Cool! Yes, we'll take it!
Well the dessert comes, brownie is hard and cold. It was a different server this time so we tell him the waitress said she would warm our brownie for us, he looks confused, so we ask him to send her over to us. She looks really embarrassed and says "Yeah well, the cook said no we couldn't do that, sorry".

Ok, so rather then come tell us in advance, you sheepishly send someone else to bring the dessert prepared in the manner we didn't want?

Oh then it goes from bad to worse. As we are sitting there contemplating whether to continue on....a spider goes crawling across my side of the table. I jump up and grab my purse. The waitress walks up and asks what's wrong. I point to the spider that has now been crammed under a cup. She asks me, "Do you want me to get you some spray or a towel or something?".... ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!

We were absolutely disgusted and mortified. It was clear sign that it was time to roll. We threw down a $20 and walked out the door.

We will NOT be giving them a third chance, I don't care how nice the place looks. I get better quality and service at the dive alleys in DTC/Aurora and will continue to bowl there.