“"High Speed Internet"? More like Dial-Up”

Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Denver Tech Center
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Centennial
Madison, Alabama
“"High Speed Internet"? More like Dial-Up”
Reviewed June 3, 2014

By far, this hotel has the worst internet speeds I have ever attempted to use; and I say attempted because you're lucky if you can even get a page to load. After doing a speed test a few times, the highest speed I got was a download speed of .67 mb and an upload speed of .35 mb. These speeds are at a dial-up level!!! For paying $450 a week you would think you would be able to at least get on the web. Don't even try to get a video to load; it will NEVER happen. You can walk down to the business center but you wont be doing any business. Speed test on the land line and computer they have in house registered near identical speeds.

The hotel is nice, newly renovated and the staff is really nice. But, it's impossible to relax, do any work, or even send an email due to the worlds worst internet. Oh yeah, and good luck finding your favorite show on TV if it isn't sports. They have every ESPN channel possible and about 5 other stations and thats it.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Jeremy P, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Denver Tech Center, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
Thank you very much for staying with us here at the Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Denver Tech Center on your recent visit to Denver. I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with my staff and others. I am sorry to hear about your recent internet speed issues. I understand how frustrating it can be to expect one thing and get another. Please note that as of June 12, 2014 we recently completed our internet upgrades with tested speeds of up to 9.65Mbps download and 9.20Mbps upload through our fiber optics line. We hope you get the opportunity to try these faster speeds on your next visit. Thanks again for staying with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Reviewed May 29, 2014 via mobile

I booked a room for my younger sister and her family, and the praise I received from her was amazing!
I put her and her children into a room with a kitchen, and she said it was the best room she had ever been in.
I appreciate the staff for taking such great care of my sister and making her and her family feel comfortable and welcome!
I will be staying there myself in the future as I have in the past!

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Haughton
Reviewed May 24, 2014

Spent only one night in the spacious room. I stayed under government rates which beat the other hotels by at least $30 a night. The room and bed was very comfortable and I slept well. The hotel is located nearby several restaurants for your dining options. Free Wifi and breakfast. I plan on staying there again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed May 19, 2014

Recently stayed a couple of nights in this hotel. Easy to locate, good location, convenient to restaurants. Staff was very helpful and pleasant. Breakfast was included. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Centennial
Reviewed May 19, 2014

It is great place to stay in Englewood area. The staff was very friendly and supportive. Hot Breakfast was too good and has lot of variety. thanks to the management for making our stay very comfortable.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham

Also consider these accommodations in or near Centennial
Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver - Tech Center
Staybridge Suites Denver Tech Center
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Denver Tech Center-Centennial
Wingate by Wyndham Greenwood Village/Denver Tech
Wingate by Wyndham Greenwood Vil...
#1 of 14 in Greenwood Village
Hyatt House Denver Tech Center
Days Inn Englewood Denver Tech Center

Been to Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Denver Tech Center? Share your experiences!