“A Soul Vacation”

Centennial Canoe Outfitters
Ranked #1 of 2 Tours in Centennial
More attraction details
Owner description: Since 1985, offering one day to five day guided and outfitted canoe and kayak adventures on nine river sections in CO, UT, WY plus WA and Costa Rica. Paddle through spectular canyons on the Colorado, Gunnison and Dolores rivers near Grand Junction, CO. Hiking is an option on many trips, including the beautiful Dominguez Canyon Wilderness Area. Trips available May-Sept. Theme trips include: family, wine tasting, music, archaeology, bird watching, geology, astronomy, western history, etc.
Reviewed August 23, 2011

I just complete a three day tour on the Colorado River with Centennial Canoe. I cannot say enough about this trip. From the moment I arrived until I got in my car to go home I had the trip of a lifetime.
The guides were professional, kind, knowledgeable and made me feel safe and comfortable every second we were on the river. They provided a perfect mix of seriousness and humor. How can you paddle for three days and gain weight? You should see the meals that these guides cook...FANTASTIC.
The guides took us on short hikes and shared with us the history and geology of the area. The beauty of the area is beyond words. Make sure you bring a camera...with a dry bag to put it in. The photo ops are numerous.
I drove all way from Illinois to take this trip and I am already starting to plan on going back next year.
Thank you Centennial Canoe for such a wonderful experience.

1  Thank Jeepgirlgina
There are newer reviews for Centennial Canoe Outfitters

Reviewed August 7, 2011

Have been taking canoe trips with Centennial Canoes for some years. I keep going back because of the choice of different rivers and the well run tours. The guides know their stuff, plus the river meals the cooks are well done. No chance of going hungry. Safety issues are well addressed. Only problem I've ever had is totally unexperienced people signing up for intermediate trips. Despite the on-line write up informing you that a trip is a beginner, intermediate, etc. trip, some folks ignore this. Of course they then dump their canoes, don't secure their belonging and generally do not enjoy themselves and make it hard on the guides and the rest of the group. READ THE WRITE UPS! But, if you think spending two or three days on a Colorado or Utah river might be of interest, you can't really go wrong with this outfitter.

Reviewed August 6, 2011

I have been on a number of multi-day canoe trips with Centennial Canoe since 2002. This year, I took a raft trip on the San Juan River in Utah a different outfitting company. Like Centennial Canoe, this other company has a great reputation, and the trip was run very well. We had six guides- three gals and three guys – very young, very friendly, but a little tired. Their busy work schedule meant that they would finish one trip and start another trip the next day. They were efficient, friendly, courteous, and very helpful, but just a little detached. I could sense that to them we were just another bunch of tourists on yet another trip.

Really it was a fine trip, but it was only because I could compare to my Centennial Canoe trips that I noticed anything lacking. The guides with the other company were doing their best, but were understandably a little burned out from their back-to-back trip schedules. This raft trip experience made me appreciate more the Centennial Canoe guides. They are just as efficient, friendly, and courteous, but in my experience they are more interested in their guests. I always get the sense that Centennial Canoe guides are having fun, and really enjoy getting to know the guests. Little things like that can make a big difference to customers.

1  Thank JHurmence