“Bonus Services Don't Make Up for Average Room & Cleanliness”

Staybridge Suites Denver Tech Center
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Centennial
San Francisco California
“Bonus Services Don't Make Up for Average Room & Cleanliness”
Reviewed June 22, 2011

Staybridge competes with a number of chains in the extended space. We had never stayed at this chain before, but found it below quality of its competitors. The hotel is popular with long-term business travelers, and provides a number of great "bonus' services including: dinner buffet; dinner happy hour; hot breakfast dishes; free laundry; outdoor swimming pool with BBQ grill. You could really eat most all of your meals here for free and drinks too!

The issue in this hotel is the dated quality of the room linens / furnishings and the quality of the cleaning. We found brownie crumbs on our window sill; used Capri Sun juice packs in the couch; lots of cracker crumbs on the couch pull-out mattress; and a very wet spot in the closet that we never diagnosed. The faced bed linens (comforter) were very old / worn and should obviously be replaced due to age.

The hotel also uses a strong scent spray in the hallways to cover up odors, which is an over-powering smell. Unsure why this is necessary.

This hotel feels comparable to a 2 - 2.5 star hotel similar for extended stays, not the top competitors in the space. At this price point, we were disappointed.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Brutally-Honest

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Santa Clara, California
Reviewed June 14, 2011

The rooms are clean, they have a small kitchen if you want to cook, good breakfast and evening snacks. The hotel staff is super friendly and very accommodating. Free onsite wi-fi internet is available. Their shuttle service is great. They have on-site movie rentals. I would highly recommend staying here may it be for short or a long stay.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Bddamiano, Director of Sales at Staybridge Suites Denver Tech Center, responded to this review, June 16, 2011
Dear NancyD20,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for the Staybridge Suites in beautiful Denver Tech Center. We are very happy that you enjoyed the complimentary amenities that are offered at the hotel. I hope the next time you are in the area you will join us once again.

The Staybridge Team
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed May 27, 2011

This is a great hotel with very friendly staff too. I stayed here for about 6 days and enjoyed my stay here. The hotel has nice rooms. Free WiFi is included. To add to that you have free breakfast as well. Also on certain days of the week they offer a free supper. Parking is free also. The room had a microwave, toaster oven, coffee maker, fridge and cooking range. The room also had utensils in case one wanted to cook their own stuff. The room had a flat screen. You get basic TV via Comcast. Nearly a 100 channels! No PPV though. But really with 100 channels you have enough to watch. A DVD player was also in the room. All in all, a fantastic value for your money.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank jac2005
Bddamiano, Director of Sales at Staybridge Suites Denver Tech Center, responded to this review, June 2, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for the Staybridge Suites in beautiful Denver Tech Center. I know it means you are taking time out of your busy schedule to provide feedback, and we appreciate the time. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay at the hotel. I also appreciate your comment regarding our staff and will share this wonderful post with each of them.

I hope the next time you are in the area you will join us once again.

Staybridge Team
San Jose, Costa Rica
Reviewed May 5, 2011

I travel internationally on business frequently. I must say, this was one of the most pleasant hotel experiences I have ever enjoyed. The management and staff were simply terrific... They all made every effort to make me feel right at home. The suite was very well appointed, clean, and comfortable. On Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday they served a wonderful breakfast and dinner free of charge.

When I reached the hotel, I suddenly realized that I had left my debit card at Pappa Deaux's restaurant within the airport in Houston, Texas... Kat at the front desk immediately offered to make a long distance call to the restaurant in Houston. I soon learned that the restaurant manager had my card locked in their safe, and it was secure. The next day the hotel assistant manager, Patrick, drove me to the local Charles Schwab office to pick up a check from my brokerage account (I live in Costa Rica & did not have any U.S, Money). He then drove me to an establishment to cash the check. Afterward, he drove me to the mall so I could buy a new pair of slacks for my business meeting scheduled that afternoon (one of my bags didn't make it to Denver). My meeting was successful, thanks in large part to Patrick's extraordinary effort in my time of need... If you are traveling to Denver, don't think twice, stay at the the Staybridge Suites Hotel - Denver Tech Center. I am confident that you too will have a great hotel experience!

My sincere thanks to each and every staff member of the Staybridge Suites-DTC... Your the greatest!

Gary Hall
Costa Rica

Room Tip: I King Bed Suite - very quiet & comfortable
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Bddamiano, Director of Sales at Staybridge Suites Denver Tech Center, responded to this review, May 9, 2011
Dear Mr. Hall,

I am so glad to hear that your stay at the Staybridge Suites Denver Tech Center offered you the comforts you needed during your visit to the area and am happy to hear we were able to make your stay a bit more comfortable through unforeseen circumstances. We are delighted to know that you found our free amenities to be wonderful and the customer service to be so helpful. It is very important to us to make each guest feel like they are at home and we welcome you back during your next stay to Denver.

Warm Regards.

Barbara
Sunman
Reviewed January 7, 2011

We stayed 6 days/5 nights. Outstanding customer service and wonderful atmosphere. Every employee was professional, knowledgable, pleasant and helpful...some even remembered our names. Those of us staying here became relaxed enough to adopt a "hello neighbor" feeling...I found this to be the best testimonial for this facility. The suite was clean, spacious, and convenient. The wi-fi was free throughout the facility and a printer was available also. Breakfast foods were available each morning but there were numerous other close places to eat if that's what you choose. The laundry room was free. Our kitchen had everything we needed. Totally recommend and totally will stay here again.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mtnhart
bdamiano, Director of Sales at Staybridge Suites Denver Tech Center, responded to this review, January 11, 2011
I am so glad to hear that your stay at the Staybridge Suites Denver Tech Center offered you the comforts you needed during your visit to the area. Thank you for letting us know about your stay with us and for your feedback about our amenities. It is very important to us to make each guest feel like they are at home and we welcome you back during your next stay.

From all of us, Happy New Year!
Long Island, New York
Reviewed October 12, 2010

Great Place! Clean comfortable and convenient to downtown Denver. Nice breakfast .The only complaint is that this was this hotel was not built as a Staybridge so the rooms are a little different then other Staybridge Suites.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
bdamiano, Director of Sales at Staybridge Suites Denver Tech Center, responded to this review, October 21, 2010
Reviewed August 29, 2010

The employees were friendly and helpful. The room was very comfortable, clean and quiet. I liked having a little kitchen stocked with utensils and everything you would need if you wanted to cook in your room. The bathroom was very clean, the bed was very comfy and I really like having the living area and the flat screen tv. Great place to stay! We would stay again. Good Value. The breakfast was nice too!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank shetravels49
bdamiano, Director of Sales at Staybridge Suites Denver Tech Center, responded to this review, September 1, 2010
Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor! We greatly appreciate your comments and are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay. With all of the conveniences of home it makes it so easy and comfortable to settle in. We thank you for your visit and hope that you can visit with us again. Please visit us again on your next trip to Denver.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Centennial
Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver - Tech Center
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Denver Tech Center
Hyatt House Denver Tech Center
Comfort Suites Denver Tech Center
Drury Inn & Suites Denver Near the Tech Center
Best Western Plus Denver Tech Center Hotel
Best Western Plus Denver Tech Ce...
#3 of 14 in Greenwood Village

Been to Staybridge Suites Denver Tech Center? Share your experiences!