“The best food in Nipton!”
Review of El Oasis Cafe - CLOSED

El Oasis Cafe
Cuisines: American, Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Takeout
Description: Nipton is a small, historical and old-western RV and camper town a few miles off the I-15 highway. El Oasis Cafe provides shelter from the blistering sun and offers a great menu of authentic Mexican Cuisine and a few American classics. We are also located within the Mojave National Preserve that brings lots of tourists looking to experience the fierce yet humbling desert views.
Reviewed April 22, 2015

Fernando and Susan are wonderful restaurant hosts! They are very friendly and accommodating to their customers. The atmosphere is 'funky' but the food is delicious. We enjoyed a great dinner after several hours of driving the back desert roads. The following morning we energized ourselves before a long day of driving with a great breakfast. The food is fresh whether you order Mexican cuisine or hearty burgers that pack a punch!

Date of visit: April 2015
3  Thank Macphilly

Reviewed March 22, 2015

Yup that's right, starting in Jean, Nevada, a friend and I hopped in my RZR and headed south across the desert and dry lake beds because we wanted to off road to what I recalled from past visits was a little piece of hamburger heaven in the middle of nowhere. We crossed dirt, rocks, wash-outs, two dry lake beds, and a set of railroad tracks to get there and it was worth every bump! The Oasis sits right next to the railroad tracks on Nipton road (California SR164) about half way between I-15 south of Primm, Nevada, and Searchlight, Nevada. It's a historic little whistle stop and the buildings have forgone modernization keeping their rustic charm instead. Do not let the Rustic appearance turn you away! Walk inside over the creaky deck and prepare yourself for a fantastic burger from the list of a dozen or so variations. I can't comment on the Mexican cuisine because I was so craving a burger, but the specials board was lined with several delicious sounding entrees. I had the mushroom burger with fries, my friend had the bacon burger with fries and we each had an ice cold beer punched from the attached market. The burger I had was huge, perfectly grilled, and making my mouth to water even as I write this review. I'm convinced that my buddy found his just as good. The owner/cook/server was courteous , friendly, and had our meals prepared in short order and delivered them to our outside deck table. I will make that trip again, and again. If your in the area, or just want a fun day trip outta Vegas, try the Oasis in Nipton, you won't regret it.

Date of visit: March 2015
4  Thank Gregory W
Reviewed January 13, 2015

If I could give this place 6, 7 or 10 stars, I would.
Fernando and Susan and lovely people who make lovely food. The time and attention they put into their cooking and in getting to know their customers is second to none.
We stayed for a few days during a bike-packing trip across the desert. On the first night, we chatted with Fernando about food and what we'd like, and from there on in, he just surprised us each evening with a different vege/vegan mexican dish - all absolutely fantastic and cooked absolutely fresh to order (be prepared to wait for your food as literally everything is freshly made there and then, and I guarantee it will be worth the wait!).
When Susan returned from her vacation, she added her own twist to providing us with glorious food and fresh juices (ask for the pineapple and spinach - it's amazing) for both evening meal and breakfast.
The welcome here is warm and genuine, the food is fresh and fantastic, there is free pool, books and puzzles for children and the place is homely, simple and and comfortable. You really would not expect to find this in the East Mojave miles from anywhere - if you're passing, make a visit - if you're not, make a detour! Either way, you have to visit here!
Oh, and the prices are exceptionally reasonable too.

Date of visit: January 2015
3  Thank Andrew S
Reviewed January 1, 2015 via mobile

I ate here a few times during my stay, the gentleman that did the cooking is from Mexico and makes fabulous Mexican dishes. His salsas were amazing. The restaurant is very small but has a pool table with free pool! They also opened on a Monday night when they are typically closed because a big group came through and requested it. Great service and friendly locals!

2  Thank MelissaB486
Reviewed October 7, 2014

We have just had the best burger on earth. I am now feeling guilty about not trying the Mexican menu.Just as remarkable was Fernando's easy approach to customers arriving late. He stayed open way passed his stated closing time, a good job as there is nowhere else to eat for miles. A genuinely friendly and laid back guy. Having read the negative review on this site, perhaps it's author should eat at home in future.

Date of visit: September 2014