“Diverse and tasty”

Ranked #1 of 12 Restaurants in Ilulissat
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 6, 2019 via mobile

We stayed here with our tour, but ended up eating here every night.
The menu had something to please everyone, from a schnitzel to Thai food, all throughly enjoyed by all of us.
We also ate a lunch here, the kitchen was not really open but they helped us by putting together some of the smoked meats that they make on site, and it was all just amazing and the staff so obliging and proud of the products.
Just great in every way.

Date of visit: January 2019
andersogadeberg, Manager at Hotel Icefiord Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2019

Dear KC012

Thank you for your review. We try to have as broad a menu as possible, without compromising on the quality of the food. I'm happy to hear you and your group enjoyed our food.
Our smoked products is something we are particularly proud of. Thomas and Ivik put a lot work in to making organic greenlandic smoked meats and fish, and lots of our customers like to bring some of these home a "taste of greenland"-souvenir.

Reviewed December 13, 2018

To note: the restaurant is not gigantic so you may want to book.

I see a lot of comments on the food on the site so maybe worth flagging that the bar is also well worth the detour with a fantastic balcony from which you can watch the see and the ice as the sun sets.

I did not stay at the hotel but still was glad to see that it sold really good quality smoked fish and various souvenirs

Date of visit: August 2018
andersogadeberg, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Icefiord Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2018

Dear Traveling_Chuck_2011

I'm pleased to see that you enjoyed both our bar and restaurant, even though you didn't stay with us. Thanks for taking your time to write a review, i really appreciate it.

I hope you had a great time in Ilulissat

Anders Gadeberg

Reviewed September 3, 2018

The food at this restaurant was surprisingly good. There are some traditional dishes on the menu and also, thai dishes. My husband ordered the lamb and I had the pad thai and both were high quality and nicely prepared. The service was very good (they prepared our food in advance so that we could eat and make it to a nighttime kayaking trip) and the view out the large window is great. Icebergs floating by and eventually a gorgeous sunset that lasts for hours. The only reason I did not give this place 5 stars is that it does not have a posh interior, nor is the food "gourmet". However, for the remote location, it is really top notch.

Date of visit: July 2018
andersogadeberg, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Icefiord Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2018

Dear elizabethanne13

I'm happy to hear you and your husband enjoyed some of the various dishes we offer at our restaurant.

I hope you enjoyed your stay in Ilulissat.

Best regards,

Anders Gadeberg

Reviewed August 23, 2018 via mobile

We made reservations at this top-ranked restaurant for our last night in Ilulissat. Great view, and I can only assume the food is good. We were seated in the dining room (a single large room) when a tour group of over 20 people were brought in. It got so loud we couldn't hear ourselves talk across our table. The weather was warm and beautiful so we asked to be seated on their gorgeous deck which had several tables available, just through the door. We were politely told that they are no longer serving dinner on the deck. We then noticed a table available in their bar area, a room adjacent to the dining room through a door on the other side. We were told that they "are not staffed to serve in the bar". So let me get this straight - your server could serve us in the miserable dining room but not 10 steps away in the room attached to this most expensive dining room in town? Needless to say we walked out and had a wonderful meal elsewhere. Given the layout of the dining area and the total lack of customer service, there is a high probability that this could happen to you too at any time. Leave this one for the tour groups and try Mamartut or any one of 3 restaurants in Hotel Arctic where they know how to treat customers.

Dear PeteD25

I'm sorry to hear you had a bad experience at our restaurant.
We just took down a wall in the restaurant area, to accommodate the problem with the bad acoustics in the restaurant. So this shouldn't be a problem anymore, and it has made the experience much better for all of our guests.
We are doing our very best to give our guests a great experience, but our staff chose not to seat you in the bar or on the deck, because we didn't have staff to serve so far away from the restaurant.
I'm sorry to see, that you think we are the most expensive restaurant in town. Our main courses start from 145,-, which is competitive with the rest of the restaurant.
Despite of your bad experience, I hope you had a wonderful time in Greenland after all.

Reviewed August 9, 2018

We had dinner here one evening, and were very impressed with the food. There is also a good view to while away the time until your next course arrives.

Dear Bean-astair

I'm happy to hear you enjoyed both the food and the view, while you were here. I'm terribly sorry you had to wait too long between your courses.
We just hired a new restaurant manager to bring in new ideas and expertise to the restaurant and the service. One of the first things she has done here is to update our restaurant system, to ensure our service will be more efficient.
We are all confident, that her training of the staff will make the overall experience in the restaurant much better.

I hope you had a great time in Greenland