“Good view of the city and bay, uninteresting food”
Review of El Tranvia - CLOSED

El Tranvia
Cuisines: Cuban
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed January 27, 2014

Our group was seated on the rooftop and view was lovely. The roof also had a vintage streetcar that reminded us of the bygone days in Cuba when streetcars were the standard mode of transportation in many cities. The wait staff is dressed in vintage costumes, a Cuban band played and the entire evening was very enjoyable. The food was uninteresting, however.

Reviewed January 18, 2014

Climb up the steps past the open kitchen to the rooftop seating with the street car for delicious Cuban Cuisine with live music. Our server - Leslye - really made our evening. She is an absolutely delightful young lady with a charming personality to represent this historic restaurant. There was a variety of choices for the entree, but I chose the swordfish! - outstanding! And it is always fun to get up and dance between courses to a little salsa music.
I recommend this restaurant....really enjoyed our visit to Cienfuegos, Cuba.

Reviewed January 15, 2014

Just came back from a vacation in Cuba visiting my family in Cienfuegos,my husband and I went for the first time to El Tranvia and everything was very good ,the place was packed and even knowing they were busy we felt like we were the only ones there.they inmediately found a table for us and made us a really good Pina Colada ,My husband had 3,the food was inexpensive and very tasty,the owner came a few times to see if everything was ok!
Later we decided to go back with the entire family and some friends,the meal was fantastic and a very polite server called Leslie was very helpful.
We will return for sure.Keep the good work!

Reviewed January 13, 2014

From my first visit in May to this one in January they moved to a new location. The quality of the food has gone down in my opinion. The owner, formerly a Miami resident who returned home, is jovial and has a really nice staff that try hard to please and make a fun evening. They should tone down the touristy stuff a little more and concentrate on good cuisine as in May. Then it would be a top choice.

Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

My girlfriend and I came here to relax and it was perfect. The food was very tasty and inexpensive. The band played but not for too long and we had a great host who spoke both English and Cuban.