“Best restaurant in Cienfuegos”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Paladar Ache

Paladar Ache
Ranked #1 of 61 Restaurants in Cienfuegos
Cuisines: Caribbean, Latin, Cuban
Good for: Kids, Business meetings, Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Cash Only, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: ========================================================= We will be closed from 1st TO JUNE 30, 2016 ========================================================= Ache Paladar.Bar Restaurant founded in 1996. Built as a native shack decorated with natural elements.The epistemology of the word is related Ache merging two cultures, African and Cuban. Hence the meaning of Welfare, Good Fortune, Good Luck, Health, is given from folk and religious imagery.We offer local and international food. Our main dishes are based on seafood prepared to coal immediately. We have a wide range of cocktails with extra rum you want.We are distinguished by excellent service, cozy atmosphere and comfort.We are at your service from Monday to Saturday from 12 m to 10:30 pm on Avenue 38 # 4106 between 41 and 43 in Cienfuegos, Cuba.You can find us in several international guidelines.Paladar Ache.
Miami, Florida
“Best restaurant in Cienfuegos”
Reviewed January 29, 2013 via mobile

We were a group of 4. The restaurant was recommended by our casa particular and we were hesitant to go there. But the place was beautiful, the staff was very friendly and the food was delicious. I had fish and it was fresh and well prepared, flan was delicious!!

• Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Dorchester, United Kingdom
“Disappointing”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Seeing it as a 'Top Choice' in the Lonely Planet we booked a table and agree that the surroundings are interesting but the food was overrated. I am a vegetarian and they made me a vegetable paella which was quite tasty but with the popularity it is experienceing (it was full the evening we went) I was hoping that it might have been more imaginative like the Finca del Mar (see review for this). My friends had 3 different fish/meat choices and none felt inspired by them. Perhaps we caught them on a bad night. I would agree that the staff were very friendly and that the service was efficient.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Charlotte S
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
“best food we had in Cuba”
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Excellent service, great simple food, excellent mojito. It was the best food we had during our trip in Cuba. Shrimps are excellent and grilled fish as well.

Visited January 2013
Mexico City, Mexico
“Good but still try your casa particular first”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

Ache (touted by LP as the best in Cienfuegos) was a fantastic meal, don't get me wrong, but I still don't think it compares to any of the meals I had at my casas particulares while in Cuba...just realize that in advance.

I enjoyed the garlic shrimp (very fresh and cleaned) and a fantastic flan for dessert. I was thankful for the dessert menu, since my sweet tooth was difficult to satisfy while in Cuba. The service was impeccable, and the menu was extensive.

If you have multiple nights in Cienfuegos, by all means, try Paladar Ache, but if you're there for just one (like I was), you might be better off at your casa particular.

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank nathaniel_11
Minneapolis
“Excellent meal with great service.”
Reviewed January 5, 2013

The food is great and the ambiance is lovely. The staff go out of their way to make the clients feel special. Very quick to take away plates, clean table, ask if it is satisfactory, light a cigar, etc... you need anything and they will jump to please you.

There is a trick to the restaurant and by reading most of the reviews it appears that not many know about it. Most often when you arrive they will ask how you found them... this is because the restaurant pays commission for referrals, hence the higher, inflated prices. When we arrived we were asked and we told them that other tourists suggested it. The waiter quickly said that the prices on the menu were less expensive. For example the menu has most plates between 14-16cuc, which they automatically dropped to 10cuc. The waiter also informed us that since it was the end of the year the plates were also 8 cuc each. To make a long story short, my menu price for battered shrimp was 14cuc, but they only charged 8cuc.

Overall for that price it is truly an excellent restaurant and easily the best place we ate at in Cuba during our 3 weeks. However, if they expect to pay 14-16 for a plate, it may not be worth it.

• Visited December 2012