“I like Cienfuegos !!”

Casa de hospedaje Martha Pena
Ranked #3 of 149 Cienfuegos B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 22, 2012

I always stay at the home of Martha, she is a wonderful person and stay at home is unforgettable! .... the city is old but very beautiful and full of history, wonderful beaches and very friendly people.

Room Tip: has to be comfortable, intimate, clean and good price.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank rudyhdez12

Reviewed November 26, 2012

Myself and my partner spent a delightful 3 days in Martha's Casa in Cienfuegos. Martha is a wonderul woman who spoke good English, was friendly, very helpful and couldn't do enough for us. She knows the area well and even helped organise our trip to El Nicho waterfalls with a local taxi driver and at a very reasonable price, which made our stay very memorable. Our room was large, clean and very comfortable. Breakfast was plentiful and very tasty. I would not hesitate to recommend. Hopefully we will see you again soon Martha - with love from Peter & Erika in the UK!

Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Peter B
Reviewed September 9, 2012 via mobile

The owner was so lovelly we totally fell in love with her, she was so worried it had been raining and made us feel at home straight away. Lovelly house very clean. Great breackfast!! Location is not great but it is very close to the center.
We will be back

• Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank reviewcrew
Reviewed September 8, 2012

Martha was a warm and friendly hostess. Her casa is in a great location just a short distance from the main boulevard and the bus station. It was clean, well kept and Martha was very helpful. A great place to stay

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Karyn W
Reviewed May 21, 2012

I spent three days at Martha's house, and I wish I could have stayed longer. Some friends had talked to me about her house, and gave me the address, so I had no difficulty in finding it because it is only 100 meters away from Prado street, the main street in downtown Cienfuegos, I had no problems regarding the car, as they also have that service. Rooms are fairly big with bathrooms included, and they are very comfortable. In spite of being in the middle of downtown, the place is quiet and we could sleep soundly, No noise at all. The owner is a remarkable nice woman who speaks English fluently, which allowed us to learn about the important tourist sites in Cienfuegos as she is a highly educated person. Her meals were exquisite and at very reasonable prices. We felt as if we had known each other for years, and my wife sends her a hug. Definitively I am looking forward to be there again,

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
17  Thank rafyto
Reviewed February 15, 2012

Impeccably clean house, welcoming owner, well located in a nice and safe neighborhood, with homemade meals in a friendly atmosphere: The perfect combo! As a solo female traveller, it was a sound place to be. I spent three nights in December 2011 in the most spacious room including wooden columns and a private bathroom. Martha, the owner, went out of her way to help me with some travel planning details and accomodate me with ready-to-go lunches before day trips. I felt like I was in my mother's house!

Room Tip: The front room is the most spacious.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
5  Thank Natie_12
Reviewed January 1, 2012

We spent 3 nights in december 2011 Casa Martha. Casa is well strategically located in Cienfuegos city - near to Prado, cca 500 m to main Plaza and 500 m to Viazul terminal on the other direction.Casa is nice old colonial building,has several rooms (3-4). Our room was spacious, with AC, old furniture ,big bed with tablets, big wooden cabinet and private huge bathroom with hotshower and bathtub -made in USA :) , toilet with a seat and bidet. Windows were opened to nice patio with rocking chairs and hammock,house has also smaller backdoor open-air patio with small pool (in time of our visit was launched),place for drying clothes, its possible to clib up to the roof for a view to the city.Food was great - huge breakfasts with style-which you-like eggs,jam,fruits,juices, butter and as much of coffee and bread as you ask for (not common in cuban casas).The most amazing is the owner - elegant ,english speaking and very friendly lady - senora Martha .Really wonderfull and amazing person !

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple