$188
  • Beachfront
    Hostal Don Jose(Cienfuegos)
    Hostal Casa Lopez(Cienfuegos)
    Hotels.com
    See what travelers are saying:
    Reviewed February 29, 2012

Our tour agency lost the reservation at Hotel Jagua and we were put up at Pasacaballo. We paid for 5 star hotel but got 2 stars accommodation. Our room was on the top floor. View was great but the door had cracks and light could shine through. The air conditioner does not work too well. The wash basin did not have a plug. Tiles on the bathroom wall had fallen. The soup provided was not good, nos suds. The electrical outlet where the night light was plugged in was lose, hanging out from the wall. Whenever I sat down on my bed, the light flickered. It was dangerous because the lose outlet can catch on fire being close to bed linen. There was no hair dryer. When I asked the receptionist at the front desk, she had this funny look on her face as if to say, "why did you need a hair dryer?" As for breakfast, I had little to eat because of my gluten sensitivity. The quality of fruits was not good. However, we had dinner at the restaurant downstairs and the dinner was lobster. That was good. I wouldn't stay at this hotel again if I go back to Cienfuegos. The La Union Hotel is my preference.

Room Tip: The top floor has good view if view is the only requirement.
    • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
    1  Thank alang-alang
    Reviewed February 9, 2012

While staying at hotel Rancho Luna about 5 or 10 minutes up the road, I decided to stay here for a couple nights. Great meals and you can get free breakfast and a very cheap and good dinner. About 20 minutes and a $10 cab ride to town. Not on the beach but its a $5 cab ride up the road to get there. Also what is really cool is its right on a river across from the historic village of castillo de jagua. It has a beautiful pool and good bar. All in all it's a great place and I would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
    4  Thank cndguy25
    Reviewed May 9, 2010

I have been to this hotel on at least 5 occasions over the past 3 years. It is very clean and the staff is wonderful. Most of them speak english and will go out of their way to help out. The rooms are spacious, clean and air conditioned. The meals are rather fixed with a menu to choose from that does not vary much but the choices are varied. The grounds are well maintained and there is a large swimming pool, that is currently being updated and should be operational again before the fall as well as the bar at the poolside. I have found this hotel to be a great place to stay, It does have a problem wth taxi service. Since it is a little ways out the service is slow...what I have done and enjoy is take the local bus from the hotel to the next one... Rancho Luna, maybe 15 minutes away..and take the taxi from there to cienfuegos. and it is cheaper...the bus is a peso. Also a short walk will take you to a ferry and for a peso one can cross over into the 'Island" and enjoy the people and various sites there. The people make the vacation.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
    1  Thank studentdad
    A TripAdvisor Member
    London
    Reviewed November 11, 2005

The hotel was extremely far (20 minutes in Taxi) from cienfuegos in the middle of nowhere.
    The hotel was clean, but as with other hotels in Cuba, there are no luxuries, dining room was very stark, 1960s office furniture style.
    I didn't see any other tourists there at the time.
    Part of the window in the room was just louvers, which mean I couldn't close the window, which probably isn't a problem as the weather is usually great. But when I was there, a DJ was playing music close to the pool extremely loud eventhough there was nobody there! And I couldn't close the windows!

If you are in Cienfuegos without a car, find something closer.

• Stayed: September 2002
    6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
    A TripAdvisor Member
    Reviewed March 24, 2004

Peachey writes: Had a great New Years in 2002! I was totally most sastified to the fullest extent with regards to my staying at this property. The food was more than superb. The staff were better than I could of imagined.

My other friends I met in Nuclear City were really cool. Security on scene were very proffesional, and personable.

The accomodations were just peachey. This holliday is not for the beach, but for the real Cuba which is why I return to this island continuously. Having been to numerous other southern destinations, I now consider Cuba my premier choice, with no competition.

Michael Peachey. P.S. great dj.

7  Thank A TripAdvisor Member