“Good place, bad service”

Hacienda El Jibarito
Reviewed May 1, 2009

Once you get there...because is kinda far and up the hill, is a beautiful place! the mountains and the view, you really feel in paradise! BUT...the service? it wasn't as good as the views! The guy barely spoke English and I know is PR, they speak Spanish, but it is a tourist place you kinda want to be able to help the tourist. I would recommend this place to go eat and spend the day but not to stay.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank emily_depr

Reviewed April 22, 2009

The place is in a beautiful setting. However, just to get there is an adventure. The roads are dark and treacherous. I was so sick when I got to the place that I didn’t want to stay there just thinking we will have to drive back and forth in this road. We stayed two nights because we had already paid the whole amount of the reservation and they would not return any money. They offered to give us a partial credit to use in their restaurant (We paid $110/night they wanted to give us credit for $75). The walls are paper thin, you can hear everything that goes on outside your room, and pretty sure that the same is true for whatever happens in your room. My husband went to the front desk to ask for WATER, they didn’t have any fountain or any bottled water because the restaurant was already close they could not provide us with a cup of water (how basic is water, we were not asking for champagne). We had to drink water from the sink in our bathroom and of course they had no ice. They need to change the mattress in the rooms, they are the kind that you fall in and can get out, and they are full size. We were so uncomfortable, and of course we got up early because we couldn’t sleep in this mattress and figure let’s go have the free breakfast that’s included with your stay… the lady told us we could have a piece of cake, a muffin or toast. Are you kidding me??? That is not breakfast. The place outside is nice but I wouldn’t stay here ever again nor would I recommend this place to a friend.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank SALSAFE
Reviewed August 21, 2008

we stayed at the hotel myself and my family. we booked two rooms. the place overall is not well kept the jacuzzi was not working the pool was ok. When we got to the room the shower tub was nasty with mold and the faucet was broken. So i check the other room and the shower tub was nasty too, so come on one room its understanble it could be a mistake of management that overlook at it but two rooms is just too much. we were staying two nights but we decided to leave the next day but they would not refund us the money for the second night. they told me that management was going to call me by 5pm but no call so i called and they told me that managemet was calling me the next day and they came up to tell me that they will give a 6 months hotel credit. which i told them no because i did not live in PR so they come and tell me they were going to talk to the owners and never got back with me. so i just put a dispute with my credit card. DO NOT STAY IT SUCKS!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed February 20, 2008

The Hacienda el Jibarito was our vacation. Tucked away in the northwest corner of Puerto Rico, the hotel has everything you could possibly want for your stay. This hotel is not for spring breakers but more a retreat for lovers, honeymooners or families looking for a more intimate vacation than Disneyworld. I recommend it with all my heart and wish you a lovely respite but a last word, bring bug spray or else the mozzies will get you.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cuddrew
Reviewed January 14, 2008

We visited with the children and we all had a great time.The view is beatiful, the employees were very kind and always glad to interact with the children. My mother loved the setting of the cabins and the privacy each had. I recomended it to any one that is looking for a place to relax and enjoy a quiet vacation with or without the family.

Stayed: May 2006
Reviewed December 26, 2007

Definitely this is not a hotel for seasoned travelers that the least of his demands is excellent service.

In short I had problems with the following:

1. Keys to our room were handed late.
2. The only car for tours was broken down.
3. Horse Rides are arbitrarily available. In my stay there were not available. Only on weekends.
4. The water in the rooms had a very brownish look.
5. No food available in the whole hotel after 8pm. (take into account that this place is considerably far from the
6. They have problems cleaning their rooms after previous guests come out.

What I like is that there is free Internet in the rooms! :)
I leave you now because its late and I am going to sleep with an empty stomach.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ljupop
Reviewed December 26, 2007

Beautiful and peaceful. Very relaxing and a sense of well being
comes over you. The food at the restaurant is very good at a
good price. The staff is anxious to be of service and try very
hard to make your stay enjoyable. The one thing we hated was
the so called cont'l. breakfast which was not fit for human
consumption. The hotel should look into this as soon as possible.
If anyone recommends the nearby restaurant EL CONUCO DE CUCA
STAY AWAY...........the owner is very, very nasty, the place is dirty,
no parking and the food is substandard. Don't let this restaurant
spoil your stay at the Jibarito.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled with family
Parador Villas del Mar Hau
Hotel El Guajataca
Hotel El Guajataca
#1 of 2 in Quebradillas

Been to Hacienda El Jibarito? Share your experiences!