“The Best Place To Stay is here at Ocean Front”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Isabela
Ocean Front Hotel & Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Isabela
Fajardo, Puerto Rico
“The Best Place To Stay is here at Ocean Front”
Reviewed July 15, 2011

The Ocean Front Hotel is a real Nice place... everything is clean and the staff is excellent. I can't wait to go back... and if you are interested go ahead and see it yourself!!! you will love this place!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Flacalola

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed July 5, 2011

I read some of the reviews on here. When I saw the place, i thought.....it doesn't look that bad. I really wanted a room with a good view of the ocean so the lady at the front desk gave me keys to 2 rooms and let me decide on one. The first room we opened had the sound of running water. My husband and I walked in and the floor was flooded. We went back to the bathroom and thought the shower was running. Ok, so we won't be staying in the first room. We moved on to the second room. When we walked in it smelled moldy and felt very damp. I looked around for a minute and saw a pile of bugs in the corner, i think they might have been termites. I touched the bed and it was damp, even under the top sheet.
I went back to the office and told the lady about the flood and requested a refund. Neither room was acceptable. Apparently a pipe in the toilet broke in the first room. She offered to let me see another room. I had seen enough.....this place is awful!

Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank emilie58
Austin, Texas
Reviewed March 4, 2011

basic hotel, basic amenities, located right along the beach. no breakfast/coffee options on premises or nearby. on-site restaurants closed mon-tues. wireless only works in lobby, not in most rooms. no fridge/microwave/ice. no hot water in sink. had ants in room. stay in rincon if you can. better options, better food selection, wider variety of beaches.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank KlausMaus139
New Haven, CT
Reviewed January 24, 2011

This is one of those places that you open the door like in the wizard of OZ and Dorothy opens the door to OZ...It's an excellent location to be with people you know (spouse, significant other, or family). Would necessarily go alone, unless I were a surfer. Rooms are clean, rooms are small, bed is comfortable and amazing views. Went to sleep listening to the waves (loud!!). Also, took long walks on the beach at night, quite peaceful. Not many tourists at all. Just be careful ifi you intend to swim, if you walk down where the surfers are, DO NOT swim there...nearly got swept away by strong current. A local surfer had to rescue us and told us there are casualties there often and mainly tourists! At any even, this hotel would have been ten times better had the restaurant been open. That would be my only complaint that you had to drive to get any kind of food.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank cristinait
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed January 1, 2011

My family and I traveled to the west side of Puerto Rico to visit this great beach and great little hotel. We had two adjoining rooms for our children (10, 9, & 4) and us. My parents and brother, and his family also joined us for three days. The rooms are clean, the staff is very helpful and the beach, surf, and views are breath taking. This is not a fancy hotel. If you need a clean room with an ocean view and you plan on spending your time on the beach this is an increadible value. The restaurant has great fresh seafood and the bar staff by the beach was great at making virgin pina coladas for the kids. For the price and service, it can't be beat.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
4 Thank VECoxon
Johannesburg
Reviewed November 10, 2010

The Ocean Front hotel is an unpretensious little hotel, which offers affordable rates and quality service. The staff were very helpful in assisting us to find things to do on the island, and I felt completely safe. The beach is literally 20m away and the views are spectacular. This is not a resort, so travelers going with that expectation will be disappointed. But if you are looking for a safe, clean, comfortable hotel with direct beach access and staff you can trusts, then the Ocean Front hotel is for you. The food was also great.

Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank KB1983
Old Bridge, New Jersey
Reviewed August 18, 2010

I found the Ocean Front Hotel and Restaurant online and read the reviews and thought it sounded like a decent place to stay at for a short vacation. First of all, the place is a dump. It is next to a some spooky house that looks like it burned down years ago, but was never taken down. The beach is not for swimming. It is only a surfers beach, so I had to travel to the other side to go swimming. The rooms are not clean. It was apparent they never changed the sheets. I found human hair on the sheets, piillows and on the floor. The rooms were damp and smelly. The restaurant worker told me that there were no ice machines in the hotel and that I could walk down the road to the store to get some ice, but there were no ice buckets in the room. The bar which is next to the hotel is not owned by the hotel, but it is local and the customers are very local. Not a safe place for a group of girls to hang out. My overall experience was terrible. I did not feel safe at this hotel and the overall location of the hotel was not easy to locate. Trust me, don't waste your money, the place is a dump.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Isabela
Parador Villas del Mar Hau
Rincon of the Seas Grand Caribbean Hotel
Hotel El Guajataca
Hotel El Guajataca
#1 of 2 in Quebradillas

Been to Ocean Front Hotel & Restaurant? Share your experiences!