“A Wonderful Little Place”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Isabela
Ocean Front Hotel & Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Isabela
Lake Placid, Florida
“A Wonderful Little Place”
Reviewed November 6, 2007

I just returned from a stay at this hotel, and it's location, view, and helpful staff will definately make me return. The rooms are a very nice size, but very basic, and immaculately clean. I had a corner room with an ocean view on one side, and looking down the beach on the other for 75.00 per night. During the week, it is very quiet with no restaurants open, however on the weekends they have music, and food inside and outside. The food at the restaurant was WAY above excellent and presented beautifully. I wound up eating there every night. There are a couple of beach bars within walking distance that also have food. The hotel is about a 10 minute drive from the Aguadilla airport, and if you're on a budget but want an ocean view----it's the place to go. Bring an inexpensive coffeemaker and you're all set.

• Liked — Location and views
  • Disliked — no morning coffee
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled solo
2 Thank BroncoBill

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Washington, DC
Reviewed August 8, 2007

I can't believe that anyone had a bad experience in the Ocean Front. It is a lovely place with a good restaurant, a great outdoor bar, comfortable rooms, friendly owners and staff. I have stayed there 4 or 5 times over the last several years, and always enjoyed the stay. I no longer stay there, because we loved the area so much that we bought a nearby apartment, but I still make the Ocean Front my first stop on arrival for a drink and to see the people at the hotel.

• Liked — Location, Food/Beverage availability, friendly atmosphere
  • Disliked — No complaints
  • Stayed February 2006, traveled as a couple
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed April 23, 2007

I had planned a circumnavigation of Puerto Rico & knew I wanted to stop in Isabela. Using the Go To Puerto Rico website I located the Ocean Front and the price seemed reasonable and the location attractive; I booked two nights.

Upon arrival from Old San Juan I was a bit wary. The directions were horrendous and after getting lost several times I located the establishment. It is right on a busy street and you must park across the street after registration. It it is set up a bit like a brothel with a bar on the 1st floor and a long hallway on the 2nd floor with rooms on both sides. I knew I was in trouble when a large sign stated that no barbecues were allowed on the balconies -- the balconies jut out 2 feet from the room & a chair doesn't even fit.

The food in the bar/restaurant was passable and they do have a nice open-air bar next to the hotel. You cannot charge anything to your room and payment is up-front. The view is beautiful but you cannot swim on the beach -- take your pick as to why: 1) the surf is too strong, &/or 2) all the trash washes in right in front of the hotel.

When I retired to my room for the night the A/C didn't work, the TV was out of order & there were bugs in the bathroom. There wasn't anyone on duty to address these issues. Needless to say I only stayed 1 of the 2 nights (but I'd paid ahead & couldn't get a refund).

When I woke up the next morning I headed over to Mar Hau & thank god they had vacancies. Mar Hau is the best in the area, cheaper than Ocean Front, the food is better (the Mar Hau restaurant is a certified meson gastronomico), and has an ideal beach location.

I would only stay at the Ocean Front if my car had broken down & there were absolutely no options. Otherwise I'd head to Mar Hau or go on to the next town.

• Liked — The view
  • Disliked — Unclean, nothing like the brochure or web site
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled solo
5 Thank SN1752
Also consider these accommodations in or near Isabela
Royal Isabela
#1 of 2 in Quebradillas
Parador El Faro
Parador El Faro
#2 of 3 in Aguadilla

Been to Ocean Front Hotel & Restaurant? Share your experiences!