“For a Fabulous vacation try the Royal Isabela!”
Review of Royal Isabela

Royal Isabela
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Isabela
Stamford, Connecticut
“For a Fabulous vacation try the Royal Isabela!”
Reviewed April 2, 2014

The setting is beautiful over looking cliffs and the ocean. Each room is actually your own casita that is absolutely beautiful, with a private deck with gorgeous views and your own plunge pool. The food is great and the service is friendly. The golf course is is challenging and my husband would recommend bringing extra golf balls, and yes you do need a cady! We can't wait to go back. We went in March, a great time to go.

Room Tip: All the rooms have similar great views we were in casita # 10 loved it
1 Thank Christine C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Amherst, New Hampshire
Reviewed April 2, 2014

My husband and I visited the first week of March, 2014. It was the most beautiful hotel room I have ever stayed in. The view was amazing, the bathroom was huge, soaker tub, huge double shower, we had a romantic canopy bed, the private plunge pool and deck were perfect, the furniture was high end, as were all of the finishes and amenities in the room.
We traveled with my parents and had adjacent casitas. Every casita is so private that this was both convenient and yet completely unobtrusive.
As for the rest of the resort, the salt water pool was delightful.
The breakfast buffet was more than adequate, lunch and dinner were good. The menu changes weekly, so it may get old after a while if you aren't around for a change over. Service was a little slow but honestly, after a few days on Puerto Rico time, I began to think it was on purpose to help us let go and relax. After all, what was the rush?
The golf course was beautiful, very well maintained, amazing views from almost every hole. At first, I was annoyed I had to have a caddy, but trust me, you will need him!
All of the staff was friendly and attentive. But you also had maximum privacy and could avoid seeing anyone if that was what you wanted.
The lap pool and gym are great, you have it to yourself as no one was ever there.
I will definitely be coming back if I can!

1 Thank Clare G
Mechanicsville, Maryland
Reviewed March 27, 2014

I can't begin to tell you how amazing this place is. I was looking to stay in Puerto Rico and when I went on Trip Advisor this was the #1 rated resort in PR. I was skeptical about the price but after reading every review and doing extensive research I realized that me and the husband only have a 10 year anniversary once so why not!! It was the best decision that I ever made. We travel a lot and having been to a lot of Carribean islands and places up and down the east coast this was by far the most gorgeous, amazing place. The only minor complaint was that unfortunately our A/C went out in casita #13 on our 3rd day. They immediately moved us to another casita (#19) and would've came over and personally packed every single thing if I had asked them too. They came and picked up all of our stuff and moved us over to another one, so no harm, no foul. But we were really attached to #13 so we were sad to have to leave it!

The casitas are by far surreal. They are spacious and comfortable. Immaculately well kept. The shower is simply amazing. Once you can take an outdoor shower with that view, it'll be hard to shower at home again! The bed is beyond comfortable. We arrived at our casita at 1:00AM so it was dark out. When we woke up in the morning I was just in awe of the view. It was the epitome of perfection. The weather was perfect every day. We were able to keep our patio doors wide open all day/night and the a/c in the casita kept the home cool and you could still feel the amazing breeze and sound of the ocean all night.

The grounds and staff are simply awesome. Gabi, the bartender, was my favorite!! Very funny, very sweet and always had new drink ideas. They all know who you are and remember what drinks you like and where you like to sit. They always have smiles on their face and there is no such thing as the word "no". If you ask, you receive. We purchased the romance package and it was beautiful! We came back to our casita and outside on our patio they had a beautiful table set up with champagne and a private butler who delivered us one course at a time of amazing food. When we entered our casita it was breathtaking. Rose petals and candles everywhere! So perfectly placed. A HOT bath waiting filled with rose petals. I can't get over how beautiful it was.

The beach was isolated and beautiful. No one around but us. Basically your own private beach. Anything you want they will bring to your casita for you. You can eat every meal there if you want. And it's beautiful and perfect enough that you may never want to leave it lol. I could go on all day about this place. But needless to say, you get what you pay for! 5 star resort, 5 star service, 5 star food, 5 star everything!!! If you like the hustle and bustle of a city and city night life then this isn't the place for you. If you want relaxation, romance, scenery, time to reconnect and enjoy life then I 100% recommend you go here. We will DEFINITELY be returning! Thank you Royal Isabela and your staff for exceeding every expectation that we had. We loved it so much.

4 Thank Ashley Q
Mt Laurel NJ
Reviewed March 26, 2014 via mobile

The hotel Royal Isabela is one of the most beautiful resorts I have been to. With a simple welcome home at the entry gate and the pristine setting makes for a fantastic getaway. We stayed in a spacious casita that is very large and a spectacular view of the Atlantic and the mountains. An extensive continental breakfast is included. If your a golfer this is like playing Pebble Beach.The food service is second to none and very reasonable for a resort of this caliber. The location is perfect for outdoor adventure like snorkeling caving and hiking.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
United States
Reviewed March 24, 2014

This place is just perfect for couples who just want to relax and enjoy each other's company in a beautiful peaceful place. The views are amazing, the food is amazing, the bar, resort are just great. It is a very quiet place and most guests just eat in their beautiful cassiats ... so you will not run into many people there (if you do, they can be honeymooners or older people)... it really is a place to be still and notice each other....so if your plan is to have a romanic getaway with "excitement provided for you"....do like we did, stay a few days there and a few days in San Juan.

Room Tip: Definitely ask for a view. Well worth the money!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MMignone
GMRoyalIsabela, General Manager at Royal Isabela, responded to this review, April 12, 2014
Dear MMignone

Providing couples a romantic space to escape, relax and spend some alone time together is our privilage. Good food, peace and tranquility and calmness rule the day here. Thank you both for taking advantage of these wonderful gifts and for enjoying our property so much.

Lexington, Kentucky
Reviewed March 21, 2014

I recently visited the Royal Isabela Resort and was taken away by its beauty. Everything was perfect everything from the service to the ocean view to the cookies that were delivered daily, we couldn't have asked for a more relaxing time to step away and be treated like royalty. As a runner I was impressed with their grounds and access to the awe-inspiring views from the edge of the cliffs over looking the ocean. The casitas are the perfect hideaway and you can easily spend an afternoon enjoying the view, private pool and gourmet pizzas ;0)

2 Thank ANHPhoto
Dear ANHPhoto

It was such a pleasure having you stay here with us and allowing us to treat you like Royalty. I see that you are a runner, so next time you are here please feel free to ask us to show you our running trail down in our "El Pastillo Conservation Property" where we have approximately 76 bird species we are protecting so guests such as yourself will have something wonderful to look at while running.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed March 19, 2014

We found this place on line and took a chance. That goodness we did. First the place is stunning on every level. The casitas (of which there are only 20) are huge..beds and bedding couldn't be more comfortable. The private dip pool on our deck was unreal. The whole room was unreal. The grounds, and golf are so beautiful. You are up on a cliff and the golf course was built into the surroundings and takes full advantage of all the vistas. It is a challenging course and honestly one of the best layouts I've ever played. I've played all over the world and it's on par or above some great Hawaii tracks. There is a beautiful round bar that gives you an amazing view of the sunsets. Next door is the one and only restaurant. They don't need another one, because all the food that comes out of that kitchen is delicious. There is a creative genius at work in there because this is the only resort we've ever gone to that we never left the place to eat somewhere else. The menu changes and everything you try will have you craving more. Lastly the staff. I can't say enough nice things about the people who work here. They make you feel like family and whatever you want or need they will get it done.
If you are looking for a place to really really relax, and sit in a place that will make you feel like you've died and gone to heaven then I strongly recommend you check out Royal Isabela. I will be going back to this place again, and again, and again. So glad we picked this place and you will be too!

Room Tip: Every room is not good...they are GREAT!
1 Thank Jonathan E
Dear cardcadie

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments about Royal Isabela........the casitas, the links course, La casa Restaurant and especially the team. It was our absolute pleasure to have you and you wife stay with us and we are so happy to be able to share our little slice of heaven with you. We look forward to welcoming you back again and again and again.

Robin Donenberg
Also consider these accommodations in or near Isabela
Condado Vanderbilt Hotel
The Ritz-Carlton, San Juan
#6 of 13 in Isla Verde
4.0 of 5 bubbles 3,141 reviews
Parador Villas del Mar Hau

Been to Royal Isabela? Share your experiences!