“Lunch in Isabela Puerto Rico. ..my father's home town”

Restaurant at La Casa at Royal Isabela
Ranked #7 of 75 Restaurants in Isabela
Cuisines: Caribbean, European
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Chef Alex Yates-Shinn combines classic European cooking techniques with Puerto Rican ingredients to create the Restaurant’s signature farm-to-table cuisine. The menu spotlights Royal Isabela’s very own vegetables, herbs and fruits, as well as the bounty from local fisherman, cheese-makers and small family farms. His philosophy is simple: real food, cooked with real heat.
Reviewed August 12, 2014 via mobile

Simply breathtaking. ..the views, the service, the food. It is one of the most beautiful sites on my trip. Although we came for lunch, I hope to be able to return for a long lovely dinner. The smells of the food as we wait are amazing.

2  Thank Blanca B

Reviewed August 9, 2014

Wow... Just great. The Chef prepared special Fresh Ceviche for us even when it was not part of the menu for thar particular evening. MMMMMM exquisite !!

1  Thank Ricardocolor
Reviewed July 17, 2014

Food was really good although expensive. Churrasco and mamposteao' was delicious! Rodaballo too expensive for the portion.

1  Thank Ricardo G
Reviewed July 3, 2014

I visited Royal Isabela from 6-26-14 through 6-30-14 to play golf and enjoy the amenities.

The continental breakfast at La Casa is much more than what we usually think of when you hear continental breakfast.

A magnificent spread of baked goods prepared right on premises. Fruits and vegetables organically grown on property (you can visit the farm). Meats raised locally and all presented in a beautiful setting with the ocean as a backdrop. Any thing you wish can be prepared for you.

As a person whose favorite meal is breakfast, I was in heaven.

Dinner is a pleasure. Excellent, knowledgeable service compliments the locally caught fish provided each day. Each night I had the soup of the day. Plantain, onion and a pumpkin and coconut soup that could not be beat.

I also had the sorbet for dessert each night as the fruit flavored sorbet of mango and guava could not be turned down.

1  Thank Charles H
Reviewed June 15, 2014

Visiting the island for Father's Day, decided to take my family for the Father's Day Brunch. Service was below avarege (or avarage for PR standards) to start off I had to call more than once to make my reservation and when we got there it was made for a party of 3 instead of 6, something that the hostest was quick to point out and even show me on her print out. The food was ok but not what i expect on a 5 start establishment.. I have found a bigger selection of fruits in a breakfast at the Residence Inn.. 2 dessert options some sort of cheese cake and some key lime something both at room temperature... I had to ask the staff for cold versions from the back and had to explain that over... The sangria was great... The place its beautiful...