“Second time around”

Restaurant at La Casa at Royal Isabela
Ranked #10 of 72 Restaurants in Isabela
Cuisines: Seafood, Caribbean, European, Puerto Rican
Good for: Scenic view, Families with children, Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions, Kids, Business meetings
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Chef Alex Yates-Shinn combines classic European cooking techniques with Puerto Rican ingredients to create the Restaurant’s signature farm-to-table cuisine. The menu spotlights Royal Isabela’s very own vegetables, herbs and fruits, as well as the bounty from local fisherman, cheese-makers and small family farms. His philosophy is simple: real food, cooked with real heat.
Mayaguez, Puerto Rico
“Second time around”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

We recently went to have dinner at this place. It was our second time there. Even better than the first time. The atmosphere is unique in this part of PR. Service was very good. We were a party of four and everybody said their dishes were delicious. In my case, I ordered Mahi Mahi. Superb flavor. My only complaint was the size of the portion. Too small for a big guy like me. Would definitely go back but mostly after the elegant atmosphere. And wishing they serve me a bigger piece of fish next time around.

• Visited June 2013
3 Thank golflover26

New York City, New York
“La Casa is Fresh”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

One of the best restaurant in Puerto Rico. Every time I go to La Casa Restaurant I enjoy my meal, the chef always have something new in the menu. When you go to the restaurant ask Concierge to a trip to the organic farm, Last time I was at the restaurant I eat the Aragosta Pappardelle, one of the best meals I have ate in my life!! this dish is one of the most fresh things I ever ate in my life, that fresh lobster with that fresh pasta with the organic vegetables Wow! Thanks for excellent Service

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank Luis R
Supply, North Carolina, United States
“The wild dogs on the island ate well....”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

Willing to pay the price for a great meal. We read review on this restaraunt and thought it would be perfect. It was May 29th just after memorial Day weekend. There were 5 of us and the initial impression of the place was awesome. It is beautiful! We were given the choice to eat inside or enjoy the outside accomodations. There was only one other couple there. We sat outside. The waitress took our drink order and after the first tray of drinks were spilled after waiting 20 minutes it took a bit more to get them.
She then disappeared for a bit when we were ready to order our food, we had plenty of time to decide.
The menu was RIDICULOUS!! There were 5 choices in appetizers, fine, only 4 choices for a main course. Lamb, Swordfish, Steak, Veal. Then an entire page of pizzas. NOT the pizza you would think though. It was horrible. All of them have some sort of balsamic vinegar reduction not mixing well with the cheese and other ingredients on the top of the cracker crust. The cheese I have to say is the real Mozzarella though. I was told by the waitress it was Italian night?? Really? Where were the pasta dishes, the great bread the lasagne?? NOTHING!
2oif the women at the table ordered the steak at 39.00 a pop and it came out covered in some seeded mustard and parmesian cheese. The other one ordered well done was red and she was ill in the restroom before even leaving the restaraunt. She confirmed it was the Delmonico steak we wanted, it was the only one on the menu. Is there more not on the menu??? Do tell!
I asked about a salad and was rewarded with an awesome fruit, lettuce salad that was nowhere to be seen on the menu. All the tomatoes in the pizzas were green and horrible
We will not do this restaraunt ever again! Needs new chef and some meals put on that menu! Bread even tasted a couple days old.
If catering to tourists then should be looking into a major menu change!! We dropped 300.00 and all left hungry and disappointed. We are country folk from Upstate NY and currently living in NC. Just real people used to a good meal.............................

• Visited May 2013
5 Thank Melissa P
Cabo Rojo, Puerto Rico
“Most beautiful view!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2013

This is a beautiful restaurant in a Royal Isabela Hotel. My husband made reservations in the morning so we could go that evening, they welcome us like we were family. The road from the gate to the restaurant is very lush and romantic; you are welcome by a gracious host who opened the doors to the most beautiful ocean view. The weather was tropical paradise perfect, the host gave us the option to dine outside and with that view we couldn't say no. The waiter was super nice, respectful and very informative about there menu, I have a stuff portobello mushroom with shrimp risotto, delish and my husband had a fettuccine bologness with skirt steak his dinner was so good. I almost forgot my favorite, the appetizer, tuna tartare with totones, my kind of food. And for dessert a home made key lime pie and a perfect made latte. We love this restaurant and the whole experience, it's elegant but not stuffy. We can't wait to go back to try the pizza.

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank ahamradio
“Beautiful view”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2013 via mobile

The restaurant is very elegant, service was ok, food very good. We had scheduled a tour of the resort (had to wait almost 2 hrs.) but worth it. Even saw whales! Only one complaint: the golf balls aren't biodegradable, sooo it's a shame they're hundreds in all the cliffs and in the ocean. Not very GREEN!!!

• Visited March 2013