I am really surprised by the negative reviews of this hotel, and sorry that I let myself be influenced by them. We booked two nights here and I wished I had booked three instead.
Please note that this in NOT an all-inclusive, Isla Verde type resort but a small, family owned place with a series of cabanas and villas. If you are looking for an all inclusive you will be unhappy.
If, however, you are looking for a peaceful, gorgeous locations with a laid back air, this is it. We loved it. We booked to late to get a stand alone cabana and wound up in one of the villas, but it was still darn near perfect. Very clean, one bedroom and a separate sitting room/kitchen (kitchen fully supplied except for paper towels), a patio with a barbeque and an amazing view of the ocean, literally steps from the lagoon beach. Two little stores in the town of Jobos where you can get small neccessities, or a bigger town (Isabella) 10minutes further away.
We arrived after dark and got lost, of course, (note to self - next time pony up for the gps) and my boyfriend called the hotel and the woman at the desk, who spoke limited English, took the time to find another employee who was bilingual. This second person, Angela, stayed on the phone with us for 15 minutes guiding us into the hotel, as it is really quite secluded. We walked briefly on the beach and went to bed, lulled by the crashing waves.
We woke up in the morning sunrise on the beautiful lagoon, and the rest of our trip was perfect. The only thing I cannot endorse is the on-site restaurant, because we did not eat there, choosing to take advantage of the bbq on our patio instead.
We are already joking that the Vills del Mar is our "second home, at the beach" and cannot wait to go again. I highly reccomend it.
BTW this is a good location if you are going to the Caves or the observatory, but plan on 40minutes to get there, as you are on country roads for part of the way.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Charming beachfront villas located on one of the most beautiful beaches of the northwest region of Puerto Rico. Our facilities include restaurant, tennis court, pool area, beach volleyball and also basketball court. Nearby Jobos beach and Middles ideal for practicing the sport of surfing. Also practice snorkeling or horseback riding in our facilities, the perfect place to unwind and have an unforgettable stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Parador Villas del Mar Hau reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Parador Villas Del Mar Hau Hotel Isabela
- Villas Del Mar Hau
- Parador Hotel Isabela
- Parador Hotel Del Mar Hau
- Parador Villas De Mar Hau