“INCREDIBLE LOCATION AND INCREDIBLE STAFF.”

Villa Montana Beach Resort
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Isabela
Mexico City, Mexico
“INCREDIBLE LOCATION AND INCREDIBLE STAFF.”
Reviewed January 4, 2014

My wife and I loved the beautiful location of the hotel. We spent 8 memorable days at the Villa Montana and the villa we had was first class and very clean. We did not encounter any problems with the villa or the service and found the food of very high quality and of good value for Puerto Rico. The Ceviche and lobster were the best we have ever had and very tasty. A big thanks to all the staff for making our stay so wonderful.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
  • Turkish first
Houston, Texas
Reviewed December 28, 2013

We stayed here right before the holiday high season for our honeymoon, and for just a few days. From the moment we checked in until we checked out, the service wasn't great. The resort itself is beautiful, but very big and can be confusing the first time you're there. No one really explained to us where everything was nor asked if we needed help bringing our things to our room (which was cliff-side). Our TV in our room didn't work, and each time we would call to ask for help for anything, it felt like we were an inconvenience. The limited info in the room boasts of all these services, like massages you can do in their garden, but when I inquired about it, they said they couldn't do it and it would have be done in advance (seemed like well in advance) since they have to bring in an outside company. The rooms weren't the cleanest and the shower didn't drain well (but I guess I should expect that from a beach resort). The best part about the resort is the proximity to the beach and The Eclipse restaurant on the grounds. Also, bring cash because their is no ATM on-site. Make sure to get directions as it's a little hard to find if you're coming from San Juan. We do plan to go back because of the location, but know how to plan better to truly take advantage of what the resort has to offer.

Room Tip: If you want quiet, then ask for a cliff-side room. Note that it'll be on the bottom floor of a t...
3 Thank NCurtis12
Tamarindo, Costa Rica
Reviewed December 25, 2013

We stayed here on the last night of our trip to Puerto Rico, and really wished we could have stayed longer! The grounds were beautiful, the pool was beautiful, the beach was beautiful, and the restaurant was amazing! Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed December 23, 2013

We just returned from our wedding at Villa Montana and would highly recommend for an event or just a gorgeous place to visit- in fact, many of our guests have already said they would definitely return to this lovely little resort. The advice I would give if going here is just to keep an open mind and go with the flow - your room will be hot when you arrive and your plumbing may not work at some point during your stay ... but I have to say that these little snags are nothing when compared to the overall experience of staying here. The people are warm and friendly, the private beach is AMAZING and you never have to fight for a comfy beach-front lounge chair or hammock and the food at the onsite restaurant is consistently fantastic. We felt like it was our group's private beach and restaurant for the entire weekend. We were staying in a beautiful ocean-front villa reserved for the bride/groom so I can't speak for other rooms - but everyone in our party seemed very happy with their lodging. I also have to say that this place must specialize in weddings, because everything was perfect - even without bringing in an outside coordinator and finding out our hotel coordinator was out of town for the weekend when we arrived - the hotel decorations, food and logistics were great, and we loved the staff members who assisted with our event onsite. If you are looking for a place where you can just relax and trust that everything will be taken care of without a lot of fuss - this is a great location. I would absolutely come back to stay here and would highly recommend for a family vacation or intimate wedding.

Room Tip: Highly recommend splurging for the ocean-front, would avoid cliff-side as those seemed like a hike f...
New York City, New York
Reviewed December 13, 2013

Just returned from a 5 night stay at Villa Montana resort for my girlfriends bachelorette and what a wonderful place it is. We arrived late on a Wednesday night on a direct flight from JFK, and the hotel had arranged transportation for us, which was very helpful. We stayed in a three bedroomed villa and were surprised by the size and amount of space, as it had a full kitchen, living room, laundry room, etc. This place was perfect for quality time together, we mostly lounged by the upstairs pool (which is usually empty) and ate and drank and tanned all weekend. The staff were warm and engaging, they were nice enough to lend us a steamer that we kept and used all weekend, life saving! The food at the restaurant was one of the best parts of the stay, especially because they will deliver to your room for free if you feel like staying in one night, which we did. A day or two into my stay I was planning with the girls our next trip here because its really a hidden gem from us New Yorkers, and such a short flight. We will be back November 2014 Villa Montana!

1 Thank Brian A
ATiphaine, Owner at Villa Montana Beach Resort, responded to this review, December 14, 2013
Brian,

Thank you for sharing your comments on your recent stay at Villa Montana. I will be passing along your comments to the entire staff who will be delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us.

We look forward to hosting you again in the near future.

Happy Holidays!!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed November 19, 2013

I must say, I am an avid traveler and we found a new jewel. My girlfriend and I can not say enough about this place. We had the best time. The beaches was so clean and wonderful. The best part of this trip was we were coming off another trip and decided to extend our trip here. What a difference from the resort we came from the week before. (BTW WAS MUCH MORE EXPENSIVE ALSO) The staff is excellent, rooms are very clean, and the food in the restaurant was perfect. They really go out of their way to make sure your stay is a good one. I can go on and on. You need to experience it for yourself. They really have pride in their resort... We will be back again and again..

Room Tip: Well worth the extra money to get a room near the beach side. However all rooms are a quick walk to...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your comments with us. I will be passing along your comments to all the staff who will be thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us.

I hope the cold weather is not treating you too harshly right now. you can always take a quick break and come down for a warm getaway!!!

Wishing you and your loved ones a Happy Holiday Season.

Regards
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Reviewed November 11, 2013

I want to start this review saying that if you dream of a beach wedding this is your perfect venue! I got married last june 15 and except for the extreme hot weather of that particular day everything was perfect. I live in Puerto Rico, so I was able to go to the resort a few times before my wedding. Every time we visited the venue the staff was really friendly and helped us with everything we needed.

Mara Morales was our planner in the resort ( I hired Babi Díaz a personal wedding coordinator to take care of the rest of the planning), she is very lovely and friendly. We communicated via email and she responded as soon as she could, she made sure everything I asked for was done. She also worked with our budget and explained every detail of the food, the service and how the wedding day was going to run. I have to note that she worked wonderfully with my coordinator the day of the wedding and even changed a bit the schedule that day. Because of the weather...we ended up making the cocktail hour shorter and starting the reception early. She also was kind enough to recommend our photographer which was Orlando Negron (he is amazing!!)

FOOD:

The food was to die for! Every single one of our guests complimented the food. We had the "Tierra Prometida Salad" and for the main courses were Pork Loin, Stuffed Chicken Breast with Mofongo and Grilled Fish in Beurre Blanc. Every single dish was on point, it was beautifully executed and just like we had it in the tasting. I forgot to mention that our hors d'oeuvre were fantastic!! I don't remember them all, but we had Shrimp Tempura, Tuna tartare and PR Bites. I cannot say enough good things about the food. You won't be disappointed!! I can't speak for the cake they provide, because we had C+M Cakes Designers make our wonderful cake.

To end this long review I will say that I had my dream wedding at Villa Montaña! The place is to die for with a beautiful estate and beach.They provided us with an excellent staff service during the whole wedding day. One side note is that the Eclipse Rest was recently remodeled and it turned out amazingly beautiful. The beach itself is gorgeous so you will have great beach pictures.

Just make sure to double check everything you want before the event. In my case my decor was made by Festivo, Pictures By Orlando Negron, Cake by C+M Cakes Designers and Coordination By Babi Díaz, Dress by Ecliptica. I had help outside the resort so explore your choices and you will end up having the best wedding ever!!! But if you can't afford the "outside help" I'm pretty sure you wont need it, because as I said they make sure you have everything you ask for! I ended up hiring a Coordinator because I didn't have the time to do by myself everything you need to do outside the resort (confirming guests, booking appointments, etc)

One last thing is that we stayed the wedding night at VM and the room was nice and clean, the bed was cozy and we had free wifi. My in laws stayed the whole weekend in a Villa and they had nothing but wonderful things to say about their time at VM.

Once again I want to thank the wonderful staff at VM for making my dream come true!!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time out to letting us how much you enjoyed having your wedding with us. Villa Montana is the ideal place for romantic intimate weddings.

I wish you all the best, and look forward to hosting you and your husband again in the very near future.

Happy Holidays!!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Isabela
Royal Isabela
Rincon Beach Resort
Rincon Beach Resort
#1 of 1 in Anasco
La Concha Renaissance San Juan Resort

Been to Villa Montana Beach Resort? Share your experiences!