“NIce but it can be better.......”

Villa Montana Beach Resort
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Isabela
San Juan, Puerto Rico
“NIce but it can be better.......”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

We stayed on a 2 bedroom villa on july 2013. The villa was very huge and located in a very nice place. Although its decoration was a little outdated, it was clean. It has a fully equipped kitchen and laundry. We have problem with the food disposer, it doesn't work and has food in it when we arrive.
The villa has a big and nice terrace. It is not included in the housekeeping so if you are going to stay a few days you should clean it with a water hose.

Regarding the restaurants, I never saw the “O” restaurant. The Eclipse food and drinks were excellent. They have to work with the service time because it takes to much to bring what you ordered to the table. Also they should use some kind of placemat or paper tablecover so the cutlery is not directly on a table with a cat walking around. A recommendation for the waitress, the client is always right.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Vega Baja, Puerto Rico
Reviewed July 2, 2013

We booked this hotel through Priceline, so we did not pay the "normal" rate for this property (which by the way is over priced, in my opinion). The road to get to the Resort lacked proper lighting and was solitary, so we felt a little daunted at first. As we entered through the main gate, we were very impressed by the beautiful landscapes and decor. The front-desk lady who attended us was nice and promptly checked us in. We got a little lost trying to look for our room, (as the grounds are pretty extensive). When we finally arrived, we quickly settled in.

The room's decor was nice, but we noticed a peculiar smell right away. I turned the A/C unit on (which, I believed should have been turned on prior to our arrival), and tried to air out the smell. My wife also noticed the bedding had stains on it and the room seemed dirty (or not thoroughly cleaned, to be more exact). We strolled through the property and took a nice dip in the pool. Everything outside was pleasant and peaceful. We decided to forget about the "little" things that bothered us and just enjoy the rest of our stay...

Ok, having shared some of my experiences, I will give the Management of this resort some advise to better address the problems presented. First of all, get the road to your location fixed, and add more lighting. Second, if you assign a room to a guest, make sure he or she knows how to get there. It is best if you aid the guests in finding their rooms. Finally and most importantly, hire more people!!! A good housekeeper will leave a room refreshed and clean. I can't stressed the importance of this... If you have a happy, efficient and courteous staff, they will do everything to please you and your guests. I sincerely hope you are able to overcome these obstacles, because you definitely have a good thing going on in there. Who knows, maybe we will come back to see if you took our suggestions. ;)

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank franciscojoel
Reviewed June 28, 2013

We stumbled upon this villa almost by accident! We were able to take advantage of the government discount after talking to Michelle. She was fantastic to talk to over the phone and when we arrived she made sure we were happy before we even got a single room. I was impressed with the service we received without having made any reservations!

The room is very good with covered outdoor space looking over a large green space.

The pearl of Villa Montana is The Eclipse and its staff. The space is extremely well appointed with both rustic and formal design touches that exudes both class and tranquility at the same time. The staff here is great. Jonathan at the bar, Laura the hostess and Sely and Andreas the servers were always immediately helpful, but also knew when you just wanted to be left alone and read your book.

The grounds are extremely well kept and the beach is fantastically private. Hammocks, chairs, and umbrellas dot the property.

Extras include free wi-fi (though not all rooms offer private connections), a small gym, tennis courts and two pools. In the course of one relaxing day you can easily do everything or nothing!

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank TheGora
Aguadilla, Puerto Rico
Reviewed June 28, 2013

On a business trip I found myself residing at the Villa Montana and I am very happy that this is where I ended up. The resort itself has villas along the beach but also some accommodations further inland that even at the furthest away only amount to a 5-10 minute walk. The views along the beach are great and the beach itself is very clean with great opportunities to swim in the clear water. The room I am staying in has been the right size for myself with a full bath tub, a sizable balcony, and an exceedingly comfortable bed. Some cons to the room would be the lack of a safe and no microwave. The best thing about the room would be the high-speed internet, which I am using now, and has allowed me to do everything I needed to on-line.

Their are two restaurants on the premises, the Eclipse is on the beach and the "O" is more of an intimate candle light experience. Both locations offer great food at reasonable prices, especially for a resort. The service times can be laid back but you are on island time, so relax!

By far my favorite thing at the Villa Montana has been the staff. From the receptionist to the wait staff everyone has taken great care of myself and my six other associates. I can promise that if you do decide to stay at the Villa Montana you will have an enjoyable experience.

Special recognition for the following individuals:
Michele (front desk) has done everything to make my stay comfortable and has gone to great lengths to help me.
Jonathan (Bartender) immediately made my friends and I feel at home. He also a great bartender.
Celymarie (waitress) very hardworking and always makes sure everything is perfect.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank DaBish08
Ohio
Reviewed June 28, 2013

Rooms are very nice and the service is very good! Food is good with a great view of the beach. However the prices are a little expensive for the quality and amount of food you get. Very nice place to get away!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Curtis S
Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

As a frequent traveler I have to sadly admit one of my locals just did every single thing to make our dreamed stay in the hotel a terrible, not convenient and nightmare of a many hours stay leading us to be forced to request in many times the front desk's assistance, which was terrible also. For some reason we still want to beleive it was just a mere bad time coincidence the overall negative experience we had with every single place and part of this hotel. First we went to the hotel and the receptionist welcomed us very unpleasantly. Second, we had to go back and forth all the place since we never could find our room and received no help related. Third, we just FINALLY got in to the room and there were other guests hair all over the room, the bathroom and the floor, but just to make it worst, when we turned on the a/c huge roaches went out of it. Tremendously nasty. Just to make our stay a bigger nightmare, we TRIED to access the beach and the employees didn't let us because there was wedding been attended. Went to the restaurant, SAME THING. Went to ask for a beer, a glass of water and a juice, SAME ANSWER. Went back to front desk to ask again for assistance and, even when had all this terrible time, they said they did not know at what time the new room would be cleaned and ready for us, and the reservation we made for the Asian restaurant was wrongly made by the front desk clerk. She also gave us the wrong hours of operation of the Asian restaurant. It was horrible! We went right in time for the check-in and had to leave almost at night without any help received. Even I personally asked the front desk to contact me with the highest level manager available and she called the General Manager. I explained him all the inconveniences we had in the day there hoping he could be of help and the solution he have was his compromise to call me directly to my cellphone which I shared with him in two weeks and that he was going to give my partner and me a complimentary weekend to see the hotels in 'all it's colors'. As of today, we haven't heard of them, had a terrible time and no complimentary stay to make it up to the terrible time we experienced with them. Very disappointing and sad.

• Stayed March 2013
6 Thank travelqueenpr
ATiphaine, Owner at Villa Montana Beach Resort, responded to this review, June 29, 2013
I am sorry to hear that the service which you received did not meet your expectations. I would very much like to speak with you to discuss the apparent lack of follow up on behalf of the Manager. Please send me an email at alaint@villamontana.com with a phone number where I may reach you or you may call me at your convenience at 787-872-9554.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Alain Tiphaine
Owner
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Rooms are very nice and close to the beach. Only negative is that there are spiderwebs on the fan and a safe is missing.
Restaurant: very good food, just great cocktails and friendly staff but you have to wait a little to long for your food. (And no amuse-gueule) and some cocktails and food were not available which can't be explained by seasonal availability
Service: very friendly staff who are always prepared to help you even with special problems.

• Stayed June 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Isabela
Royal Isabela
Las Casitas Village, A Waldorf Astoria Resort
Rincon Beach Resort
Rincon Beach Resort
#1 of 1 in Anasco

Been to Villa Montana Beach Resort? Share your experiences!