Villa Montana Beach Resort
Royal Isabela(Isabela)
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewseclipse restaurantbeach resortpuerto ricowedding plannerwhole complexbeautiful groundsbeautiful weddingdream come truehorseback ridinglaid backtropical trail ridessan juan airportkite surfinggreat restaurantfell in lovegrocery storeocean front
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 13, 2012

The only good thing about this hotel was the check out service. I stayed on a suite. The room did not seem clean; specially bedding and curtains. There were no electric outlets at the kitchen. The bathroom's plumbing is really bad. Because dogs are allowed, there was dog poop on surrounding areas. Door locks are not safe, anyone can easily break in; I had issues sleeping at night because of this. They do not offer room service. How can you call yourself a resort and not offer room service. Poor service at the restaurant Eclipse; I asked for coffee to the waitress and she told me I had to get it myself from a cofee table. If I were paying for a buffet it would be ok but Im paying for a full service and then they ask for a 18% tip!!! I found something that seemed like a mini rock in the omelette. Even though they tell each room has a modem, its wireless is shared with anyone close, so the wifi crashes a lot due to many people using it at the same time. The place setting is noisy due to its closeness to Aguadilla's airport. The hotel has very poor illumination on surrounding areas and if you're planning to go somewhere else at night it's very dangerous because of the dark and tricky road. Beach is not swimable. Not ever coming back and obviously wouldn't recommend anyone this hotel. There are a lot better options to stay for the price paid. This place is more a motel than a resort.

• Stayed: October 2012
2  Thank Cinimini C
Reviewed October 6, 2012 via mobile

Overall, this place is nice. We enjoyed eating at the restaurant. The basic room is very small and overpriced. The villas are beautiful, as well as the outdoor dining. Beware the beach has rock in it, which made it dangerous and difficult to get in the ocean. This would have been an amazing experience if it weren't for the management staff. I called to close to 15 times to book a room. The booking manager was unavailable, and the receptionist sent me to her busy signal multiple times knowing she was in a meeting with the owner. I left my name and phone number to receive a returned phone call for booking. It never happened, and I had to do it through hotels.com. I asked to talk to the general manager about the customer service issues I was having, and was completely ignored. The woman in charge of booking also disregarded the fact that she never returned my phone call. The management is non-existent and that's unfortunate. I would not have booked here If it weren't for a wedding commitment.

• Stayed: October 2012
2  Thank OceansideBreakPlease
villamontanamgmt, General Manager at Villa Montana Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2012

Dear Guest(s),

It is unfortunate to hear from you at this point, I was around all throughout the wedding & all over the property.

I'm interested to be able to talk with you about your particular concerns, I'm aware of the phone mishandling and one of the first things addressed at my recent arrival to Villa Montana.

Regards,

Domingo R. Castro

Reviewed September 29, 2012

Initially we got a room with a defective sink and a loud AC unit but guest services responded quickly and changed us to a very nice room where everything worked perfectly. The hotel is very calm and the beach is beautiful.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed September 19, 2012

The villa we are staying in is beautiful, clean and air conditioned. We have a direct view of the ocean and it looks like something out of the movies. The food at the resort restaurant is modern with amazing food. The down side is that the restaurant is under going renovations and when you eat during the day you have to yell over the construction. Are villa is next to the restaurant so we are woken up bright and early every morning to power tools. Other then the renovations which I was told would be over soon the villa is perfect. I do recommend having a car when visiting the villa.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Krystal S
Reviewed September 11, 2012

Dear Sir/Madam

I am writing to complain about a reservation that I did for my honey moon this last weekend.

First, at the check in the receptionist took more than 20 minutes in meet me. Alleging that he had much work and that didn't have who will help. Once begins to assist me your receptionist released information about a romantic package which I had included as a surprise for me and my wife. Thus damaging the surprise.

Second, to direct me to my room afternoon more than 15 minutes to get it under a Sun of 92 degrees, since the receptionist I not indicated on a map the location of my room, which gave me the day of my departure. In addition to come to my room there were no bathrobes and gases of the bathroom fan did not work. All this be indicated to the reception and never attended the affair and the bathrobes came Sunday, the day of my departure from the place.

Third, Saturday night we had a dinner at his restaurant "O" which I am not at all surprised. Now that then a reservation have separated 3 weeks before my stay who received us in the lobby we indicated that it was full and that it could not find my reservation. Therefore they made us wait 47 minutes outside the restaurant and afterwards at the table we set we were uncomfortable, cold food, drinks came later and the sarcastic and arrogant service.

Ultimately you could say that the high expectations I had of your Inn do were not met. The disgust was such that never again will visit your Inn and their restaurants, which I consider it lacking in professionalism, kindness and ethics. I want you to know that this criticism also will be shared in the relevant forums and social networks.

Regards,

Room Tip: 1. Restaurants had terrible service 2. Front desk service very bad 3. Room service unprofessional 4. Water presure very low 5. Landscape poor
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank good b
villamontanamgmt, General Manager at Villa Montana Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2012

Dear Guests,

I would like to offer a most sincere apology for the events that occurred during your recent stay at Villa Montana resort.

I will appreciate the opportunity to speak with you regarding your stay and get the full details of the events.

I'm very much committed to improve the service and guest experience as the newly arrived general manager of the property.

Kind regards,