“Plain GREAT!!!”
Review of El Carey Cafe & Beach Shop - CLOSED

El Carey Cafe & Beach Shop
Cuisines: Spanish, International, Cafe, Puerto Rican
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: We have a very relax surf atmosphere... So don't worry about your sandy feet, salty hair and wet dollar bills... We don't mind! We serve Breakfast, Lunch and Smoothies... Our schedule does change without notice if the waves are good, hope you don't mind
Reviewed August 7, 2011

Stopped by to grab lunch on the way to the beach. Had not heard anything about the place. Just drove up on a Thursday around noon because it was open and it looked cool and casual. Gracious staff (the owners) explained the menu, daily specials and other offerings. Ordered a burger for my 6-year old who devoured it. Had some fresh lemonade with actual lemon wedges floating inside and watermelon juice with (you know it) watermelon chunks floating inside. My wife had an octopus salad which she says was amazing. I had a rice and beans bowl with pork and avocado. Hearty! Awesome! Plus I also had a grouper (mero in Spanish) arepa (thick corn flour tortilla) that looked like an English muffin. Everything was great...food, prices, drinks, service, roadside seating, cool decor. Don't miss out on this place if in the Isabela-Aguadilla area.

Reviewed July 12, 2011

My husband and I have been to Isabela before many times and we can not explain how we have passed by this Cafe and never noticed it! But better late than never. This is a family operated business, very kind couple that provided excellent service. Their son, about 12, is very serious about the hospitality service and prepares good coffee! You may want to try mangu for breakfast, oatmeal-cinnamon pancakes (bring "mucho" hunger) or Venezuelan arepas loaded with goodies. For the next time, I'll try the breakfast burritos, they seem yuuummmy! Loved the place, will definitely return!

Reviewed July 8, 2011

Met Diane surfing at Jobo's and got a casual invite to check out their restaurant.... love the acia smoothies while checking emails and sending pics to my family on their wi-fi..... will def go back to see them again.....trick

Reviewed July 7, 2011

I have been to the Aguadilla area twice, and both times I started every day at El Carey. The food is delicious and fresh, coffee is great, the atmosphere is comfy and mellow, and Diana and Hector are wonderful hosts that make you feel right at home. Wireless internet so you can check in while you eat. Fresh fruit juices and smoothies, seafood, too bad they're not open for dinner.

Reviewed July 7, 2011

Im a hard to please, typical NYC girl. I have to admit that the food here is delicious. The atmosphere is so bohemian, eclectic and laid back. The music is always different. The friendly owners make me feel right at home. From the outrageous acai berry smoothies to the omeletes made just right....this is a must visit place in Isabela. They not only fill you rbellies but they have all that you need for that trip to the beach, which is across the street. You'll even find local artwork and decorative scentsy wickless candles adorning this gorgeous space. Trust me, you will not only love this place for all that it offers but you will be writing a fabulous review of your own. Tell them Tammy sent ya.