“Its heaven at the beach”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Eclipse

The Eclipse
Ranked #3 of 72 Restaurants in Isabela
Cuisines: Caribbean, Pizza, Seafood, Puerto Rican
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Scenic view, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Our menus are focused on highlighting our local farms, artisans, and producers that call the north-west coast of Puerto Rico, home. We source the ingredients used in our menus from our local farmers and artisan makers, where we believe some of the best product of the island is produced.
new york
“Its heaven at the beach”
Reviewed September 8, 2011

The food is good, but the atmosphere is spectacular. Other reviewers have said it more beautifully than I can; it has a setting on the beach, inside a beautiful and serene hotel complex. The restaurant is open air, wind chimes, billowing white curtains, nice furniture. We had breakfast and dinner there, it was very nice; alittle pricey though. There is a bar too; worth a visit even for just a drink.

• Visited August 2011

Winchester, Massachusetts
“We could eat sand there and find it delicious”
Reviewed August 19, 2011

Food is good, not fabulous, but the thing we keep going back for is the ambiance. If you eat a meal here, you don't have to stay at this beautiful place to enjoy it. Think ocean breezes tinkling translucent shells dangling from mobiles; think heavy wooden lounge furniture with deep blue and orange pillows; think a reedy roof and bamboo pilings and a stone wall and glass table settings with shells and sand. Every time I go I feel like I'm honeymooning. The kids feel it, too, and mellow out.

Incidentally, the last time we went, they got our two omelette orders wrong and we ended up getting them for free, which made the only part I don't like about spending a morning there (the cost) much better. Our family of four ate breakfast for $50 after the two free omelettes. But we were paying for the ambiance, and it's always worth it.

• Visited August 2011
Branford, Connecticut
“The waitress told me to eat bugs...”
Reviewed August 19, 2011

There were flies in my syrup that I put all over my pancakes (not noticing the bugs at first) and when I told the waitress that there were bugs in my food she said "well it wont kill you to eat it" I told her sorry but I didnt come to Puerto Rico to eat bugs. To her credit she brought me a new batch of pancakes but the food is just ok. I will agree that the view is great - very beautiful to sit and have a cup of coffee in the morning. Just dont expect much with the food and dont be surprised if they think its okay for you to eat bugs!

Visited August 2011
Sierra Vista, Arizona
“Fine Dining on the Beach”
Reviewed June 25, 2011

Romantic beachfront restaurant with excellent cuisine and attentive service. Each plate was a work of art and extraordinarily delicious. We had the fresh sea bass, which could not have been tastier.

• Visited June 2011
CT
“Wonderful view but food is just OK”
Reviewed September 17, 2010

This open air dining restaurant has beautiful views of the beach. It is located on the beach resort of Villa Montana in Isabela. My husband and I had dinner on our first night at the resort. Dinner consisted of risotto with seafood and skirt steak with spicey red pepper sauce (around $24). The food was OK but nothing to brag about. So we tried it one more time for breakfast. Afterall, how can you mess up eggs and sausage? My over hard eggs were definitely hard (i needed my knife to cut it) and one of the sausage was overcooked. I think the sausage was microwaved b/c one end of the sausage was dried out and the other half was OK. I see that only happen with a microwave. 2 eggs, sausage and hash brown is $9. Coffee is great since you help yourself to it, however, the coffee pot was not full. It's not like the place is bustling with customers that they can not keep up with the necessities -- actually had to ask for regular sugar. Overall, not great. BTW, we tried it for lunch on another day. Cat fish sandwich with french fries- very oily and took forever.

1 Thank JunkYardDogCt