“Nice vibe and good food”

Ola Lola's Garden Bar
Ranked #7 of 75 Restaurants in Isabela
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Description: Ola Lola's Garden Bar and Grille is close for renewal in August and September. We will reopen in October. Thank you for your support. We apologize for any inconvenience. --Tee crew at Ola Lola's
Reviewed October 1, 2012

I went to Ola Lola's twice and was not disappointed. The sandwiches and chile was delicious and the owners were awesome and very friendly. It was nice to eat outside, and the location near the ocean was great! Only downside was that it was pretty noisy at the bar.

John C, Owner at Ola Lola's Garden Bar, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2012

Thank you for visiting us and for your kind words. Wish you'd been more specific about "pretty noisy at the bar" though. Was the music too loud (we intentionally keep it low to encourage conversation)? Loud conversation and laughter? We do have a couple cargo planes that take off every night that are pretty loud for a couple of minutes. Anyway we hope the noise didn't disturb your dinner too much. Thanks again for stopping by Ola Lola's and for your comments!

Reviewed September 26, 2012

So we were driving to Calipso in Isabela as as we drive by this nice looking spot we slow down to take a peek - all of the sudden customers eating already wave us in and give us the thumbs up sign. I told my wife, when the customers wave you in, that's when you know the food is great! So we parked under the shade of a manglar tree. The breeze from the ocean was awesome and ketp the bugs away. The owner, John, bid us welcome and sat us at one of the tables by the road I asked the folks that had waved us in to recommend a plate - the two guys quickly recommended the peanut butter burger. I ordered that one - picture attached - and my wife ordered the pulled pork sandwich. Both were exquisitely prepared. The chef, Elaine, came out to check on our food. Both owners were very attentive to everyone. There was a large group by the bar area, it looked like a lively bunch who just came from laying on the beach. This place is a must-visit if you are in Isabela. It is rare to find great service and great quality of food in a nice ambiance. We will definitely be back. It is kids friendly so next time we will come as a family.

1  Thank FBarillas
John C, Owner at Ola Lola's Garden Bar, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2012

Thank you so much - for visiting Ola Lola's and for your kind words. My waving at everyone who drives or walks or bicycles past is one of our trademarks. But it always amazes me when the customers wave too! There is something contagious about a wave and a smile. We're are so happy you enjoyed your visit. We hope to see you back again very soon. Thank you!

Reviewed September 24, 2012

This is a place where you don't need to go accompanied, you will find friends immediately right there. You should go and know John and the rest of the friends. They will let you feel like if you were a very important visitor at their home. They make you part of the group immediately you arrive. At least, this was my experience.

John C, Owner at Ola Lola's Garden Bar, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2012

Thank you so much! We're so glad you enjoyed your visit - and since you are close-by now we hope we will see you more often. As we like to say, your first time here you are a guest. The second time, you are family. Thank you again and we will see you soon!

Reviewed September 18, 2012

Our first (definitely not our last) trip to Puerto Rico took us to Isabela to stay at a friends house there. He recommended Ola Lola's as a "Must try" before we leave. We got online to read some reviews just to double check this was going to be a place that we were going to enjoy. All of the reviews we read (good and bad) were answered my a man named John. I found that very reassuring that the owners of this place REALLY cared about their patrons locals and tourists alike. As we pulled up we noticed it was a small place. Almost like a dive bar my favorite type of place. Walked up to the window and was instantly greeted by John. It was a very pleasant greeting. He told us to sit and brought over a board with all the daily specials written on it and some menus for us to look at. My Fiance and I both ordered Pina Coladas. John made them for us and they were some of the best drinks I have ever had! My Fiance decided on the Asiago Burger and she was floored by how delicious it was. All the reviews that I read online mentioned a Peanut butter burger. My first thought was 'who the hell puts peanut butter on a burger?' But, being me and always being up to try something new I gave it a go. Prior to ordering I mentioned that I loved spicy food. John made it a point to go tell his wife (also the chef) that I liked spicy food. They made a special habanero peanut butter burger just for me. My original thought about peanut butter on a burger was crazy was very quickly put to rest after the first bite. Mainly because I couldn't think about anything but the next bite!! The food was absolutely delectable! John and his whole team at Ola Lola's made us feel like we were a guest in their home. They came out and sat with us and we talked for a while. Absolutely the most pleasant experience I have ever had at a restaurant! My Fiance said that the next time we return to Purto Rico we will not be doing the 'tourist' thing. We will be staying in Isabela and living, if only for a short time, like locals making sure that at least one meal per day of our stay is at Ola Lola's. John I know I will get a response from you. I wanted to thank you very much for making us feel so welcome at your place.

John C, Owner at Ola Lola's Garden Bar, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2012

Of course you'll get a response from me! It was a pleasure meeting both of you. Thank you so much for sharing a bit of your engagement trip with us. Be sure to come see us when you get back to the island. If you stay at the same place, you can walk on the beach to get to us. See you again soon!

Reviewed September 16, 2012

Great place, great people, great food, great drinks! What else could you ask for? My boyfriend and I felt so welcome, and the food was delicious!

John C, Owner at Ola Lola's Garden Bar, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2012

Thank you! We honored you shared your "get-away" time with us and that you enjoyed your visit. San Juan is not so far away. We hope we'll see you again very soon. Thanks again!