Auberge Godefroy Hotel, Spa and Golf
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Becancour
Montreal, Canada
“Wow!”
Reviewed April 18, 2013 via mobile

I travelled on business to trois rivieres & was tired of staying at the mediocre hotels in that city so I decided to try this auberge. I was so enchanted by the beautiful rooms, amazing service & overall perfection! My room was huge & featured an ultra modern washroom... I had a tv in my mirror! The bed was comfy. I had a chance to try their room service & the menu is slightly limited but you can ask for pretty much anything & they accommodate you. I also ate at their restaurant & the food was superbe ... I had the salmon it was delicious. Overall, this hotel is wow!! I've stayed in a lot of hotels on business & this one is exceptionally nice. I would its as nice as the Westin Montreal. Really a gem!

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank Sembriaco
AubergeGodefroy, Marketing agent at Auberge Godefroy Hotel, Spa and Golf, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Dear Sembriaco,

Thank you for this great review! We are happy to read that you appreciated your stay at Auberge Godefroy and that you liked the services we offer and the set-up we have. Our restaurant menu is indeed complete and certified Terroir & Saveurs. We also offer a food and wine pairing that is an experience in its self.

Our personnel is fully committed to making your stay a memorable one so we are enchanted to learn that you enjoyed your time with us. Did you have the chance to try our 4-season Espace Aqua-Détente? It’s a little paradise on earth!

We look forward to welcoming you in a near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Boston
Reviewed March 17, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 1 night while snowmobiling in Quebec. Everything was great! Hotel is first class; everything was perfect from check-in, to bar for a cocktail after riding all day, 3-course dinner (there was a choice of 3-course or 5-course), to the outdoor pool and jacuzzi under the stars while it was lightly snowing, and a sumptuous buffet breakfast to begin another wonderful day of riding -- priceless! Snowmobiles were parked right outside the entrance in a fenced-in, monitored area.

Room Tip: We had a king suite on the 3rd floor -- very quiet location, and bathroom was amazing.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Donna D
AubergeGodefroy, Agente de communication et communication at Auberge Godefroy Hotel, Spa and Golf, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Hi ddonna50ss,
Thank you for your nice review. We are very pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay and the snowmobile package we offer. Our Espace Aqua-Détente is indeed a very nice place to relax after a long day outdoors.
We hope you have the chance to come visit us again,
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed March 12, 2013

Stayed here on a business trip. Location is a little awkward, but it's quiet. The hotel is well maintained and clean. The rooms are pretty typical although the mattresses were quite comfortable (checked the label - something called Mat-Tech).

I thought it was a bit overpriced for what we received, but otherwise it was a fine hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank koalatm
AubergeGodefroy, Agente de communication marketing at Auberge Godefroy Hotel, Spa and Golf, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Hi Koalatm,
Thank you for your review! We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the comfort of our mattresses. I recommend you try a room on our Prestige floor next time you come… spacious room or suite with a massage shower, therapeutic bath and private lounge!
Having stayed with us on business, did you have time to try our 4-season Espace Aqua-Détente? Maybe next time we will have the pleasure to receive you for a vacation getaway.
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We went to the Auberge Godefroy for our first wedding anniversary. This hotel is a boutique hotel - very modern and clean. The decor was very nice. They have a spa at this hotel - outside pool and baths were very nice. The landscaping was well maintained and it was very plaisant. The restaurant's seven course meal was very good.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank sbergeron100
Edmonton
Reviewed May 28, 2012

This Auberge is half way between Montreal and Quebec City. The hotel grounds were outstanding. Great patio and small secluded area in the back to get away to. Pools area is excellent.
Food was also excellent. Ask for third floor as rooms have been upgraded. Food and service were excellent. Staff was incredibly accommodating

Room Tip: Ask for third floor rooms
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank CanadaSportsDoc
montreal
Reviewed May 11, 2012

Stayed 2 nights at Auberge Godefroy in March for business and enjoyed it thouroughly (the hotel not the work! lol). Beautiful hotel right accross the bridge from Trois-Rivières. I believe that all the rooms on the 3rd floor have recently been renovated (stayed in room #307 if I remember correctly). Super modern with a zen touch, it was my first hotel room ever with a t.v. in the bathroom (it's actually inside the mirror). I always thought I'd get to see that in a Vegas hotel, not in Bécancour...but this place is fully updated! The shower was great with rain shower head and lots of adjustable jets, but there was no bath tub in my room. Very comfortable bed. I can make only one, very random complaint about the room: the lighting was insufficient! I had a hard time finding things in my luggage at night, and the same thing happened in the morning when I was hunting for my stuff in the dark. There are a few ligthing fixtures and reading lights but nothing really practical. One of my colleagues had a huge suite with a very high ceiling, fireplace and jacuzzi inside the room which was very nice. She also had a balcony with a view on the outdoor pool and spa. The food at the buffet for brunch was great, and dinner was awesome. Pretty expensive and fancy menu at night. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a nice place to stay in the Three-Rivers, Bécancour area....and I would definitely consider staying there again...perhaps to try the rest of the amenities I didn't get the chance to enjoy (pool, spa, gym, etc.).

Room Tip: 3rd floor rooms have bee renovated and have a nice view
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed May 6, 2012

My husband and I went for a VIP luxury spa and room. What was included: VIP room (huge! new, decorated nicely, comfortable bed, 2-person tub, fireplace, large bathroom with double sink, separate toilet, huge shower with all the jets. This was $50 extra per person on top of the package price, but well worth it.), 5 spa treatments (more about those later), 4 course supper, breakfast, access to indoor pool and treadmills as well as outdoor pool (too cold yet) and 2 whirlpool tubs (awesome: clean, warm, stone with waterfall. Towels plus a little bag to carry them are provided.) The room was excellent. The spa treatments included in the VIP package are: hot oil massage (decent), exfoliation (my first one and it was great!), facial (not that great as she seemed rushed and simply put something on, then wiped it off, then the next thing, and off, etc. I've often had better.), there was a pressotherapy where they put those boots on your legs and it squeezes, but my husband and I don't like that and feel it does absolutely nothing, so at the spa they agreed to change it for parrafin wax hand treatment, which was decent, and finally an enveloppment/wrap, where they put an apple-based gloopy slop all over you, then wrap you up like a mummy, and it was excellent. My favorite treatment was the exfoliation, followed by the enveloppment, but the facial really wasn't worth it. The 4 course supper was good (taste, quality of meat, choices), in fact we liked the meals we ate there, but we really didn't care for the service: way too slow and snobbish all around. We ate the supper, a lunch, and breakfast and felt that way each time, even with different wait staff. Just didn't like the service. One thing to watch out for: we had thought that the lunch was included, as the literature had mentioned herbal tea, fruit and nuts. We thought it must be a light nibble. Well, nothing like that was included. It's true that each time we finished a spa treatment and were waiting for the next one, they offered tea or water, but just know that lunch is not included. So, number one, you cannot go to eat in the spa robes provided, which means you're all oily or greasy from the last treatment and you have to go back to the room and change to eat lunch in the dining room. Number two, get ready for outrageous prices ($13.95 for a so-so burger with a few vegetable sticks and supposedly fries, but we had to insist to the waiter that we saw fries on the menu with this dish), or you could get a chicken wrap with salad or a club sandwich for the same price. After that, your wallet will cry at the prices of lunch items. We would've liked a cold half sandwich and salad for a 7 dollar pricetag. Finally, the breakfast buffet was decent, including a cook for omelets and plenty of fresh fruit, 3 types of berries in addition to the standard melon. We had a great time, in spite of the irritations, but we're not sold on this place and will look for another venue for spa + overnight packages.

Room Tip: Pay extra for the third floor VIP rooms, as they are quiet and have a balcony.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Becancour
Manoir Becancourt
Delta Hotels by Marriott Trois Rivieres Conference Centre
Les Suites de Laviolette
Les Suites de Laviolette
#5 of 18 in Trois-Rivieres

Been to Auberge Godefroy Hotel, Spa and Golf? Share your experiences!