“Surpassed all expectations!!! Wow!”
Review of Green Door Cafe

Green Door Cafe
Ranked #1 of 31 Restaurants in Wiarton
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Owen Sound, Canada
“Surpassed all expectations!!! Wow!”
Reviewed February 2, 2012

The Green Door Cafe,

As a local tour guide and afacionado of things wonderful to visit, I decided to go to a cafe that has been receiving a great deal of attention recently by locals. Now, I would like to share my findings in a different format then normal. This time I have chosen to review by making it into a game; a multiple choice test for the avid readers of Tripadvisor.

What makes this restaurant stand out from the norm?

a)Perhaps is was the mixture of blueberries, strawberries, mandarin oranges, and a rasberry drizzle that went over and above the call of duty?

b)Was it the fact the my crispy bacon was clearly locally farmed and it had that perfectly smoky flavor, or that my homefries had a spice blend that enticed my tastebuds but eluded my trying to decipher what they where?

c)was it the serving sizes that simply amaze?

d)All of the Above!

If you guessed “d” then you are right on the money!
This place rocked! It surpassed all of my expectations and then did it again!

I truly believe that if you are visiting Wiarton, you should stop in and see the nice people at the Green Door Cafe.

Justin Skultety -Natural Happiness Guide

• Visited February 2012

Owen Sound, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best food in town”
Reviewed January 31, 2012

Best food in town.. If you plan on going for lunch call ahead - this place is so good they are packed every day!

Waterloo, Ontario
“The Green Door to great food!!”
Reviewed August 17, 2011

Had read about this little restaurant, and their mobile-kitchen catering service, so we stopped in for a late lunch after an outing to Bruce's Caves (just east of Wiarton). The cafe is "simple cute", but the food is definitely worth the visit. Homemade, great flavours, excellent soups, helpful staff, very reasonable prices.... a great dining experience. You won't likely find better north of Owen Sound.

Visited August 2011
Brampton, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Breakfast Around!”
Reviewed October 12, 2010

The Green Door Cafe is small and fills up fast- the reason beign that the food is phenomenal and the service is stellar! My boyfriend and I vacationed int he Bruce penninsula and had a hard time finding anywhere with a decent breakfast- when we stumbled upon the green door cafe- not only was it the best breakfast I had in Wiarton, it was the best breakfast I've had anywhere (including Cora's). I hihgly reccommned The Green Door Cafe!

1 Thank yu249386
Bradford West Gwillimbury, Canada
“Great place for lunch”
Reviewed July 28, 2010

Restaurant was full when we arrive in town around noon. Food was best in the area as compared to places in Tobermory and Lions Head. Salads were fresh, quality very good. Will stop in again if opportunities arises.

1 Thank MorrisRoad