See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed August 29, 2015

I recently stayed at Wiarton Willy's Inn. I had one of the worst experiences in terms of management I have ever had. The manager was rude calling me "not a very good person" and threatening me after he assumed I had taken a room key (which in fact I had not). I do not appreciate this unprofessionalism and poor lack of etiquette as a business owner. I was also called a liar and he threatened to phone police after I had explained multiple times that the key was left at the hotel.

I had no hot water, the water had a fowl smell, and the advertised wi fi is non-existent. I will never ever stay here again nor will I recommend this place to anyone.

Astonished at the way some people conduct themselves.

• Stayed: August 2015, traveled with family
3  Thank Laura B
Reviewed August 24, 2015 via mobile

Nice place with plenty of room, as we were pretty happy to find a room not too far away. Joanne and Raymond are very caring, as they even prepared muffins (freshly baked), toast, butter, jam, peanut butter, coffee, tea, milk, and lots of variety in cereals. My wife asked if they would let us is the microwave later for us to warm up our food and i told her they seem like nice people and it wouldn't be a problem, and when she finally asked, i was proven right. There is a lot of hard work and little sleep, because they do their best. There is a beautiful and nice playground for kids to play and run around on the grass of the motel, where its very safe away from vehicles.

Stayed: August 2015, traveled with family
1  Thank Hristiyan H
Reviewed August 5, 2015

My wife and I have stayed at this location previously.
Several months ago, I requested a reservation and a specific room at this location - knowing that the motel rooms there can range to very small to adequate. I reconfirmed earlier this spring, and again just a few days prior to starting our trip. I also offered a Credit Card number so as to guarantee both the "reservation" and the "specific room" - which has been the case for previous stays. This time, however, no credit card was requested. Then, in checking Trip Advisor, I noted entries about problems some others had with their reservation at this motel (including one of our relatives). This gave me an uneasy feeling - so I took a copy of the email confirmation with us.
Sure enough, when we arrived, the owner - Raymond - could not find any reservation under our name. Only when I went to the car and brought the copy of the email correspondence from Raymond assuring us that he would have our room as requested, did he "eventually" allocate a room.
The room allocated was "not" the one that we had requested near the office. Rather, it was a much smaller room (#17) located in a second wing of the motel. Although very clean, the room was extremely small. There was a table and chair, but there was not sufficient space for anyone to sit at the table - and no second chair even though there were 2 of us.
Breakfast is sparse, to say the least: coffee; juice; cereal or muffin.
Wifi was free, but we often lost our connection.
However, we did stay the 3 nights that we had booked as we were attending a special event in town - and on the long weekend there would be no other rooms for quite some distance.
We will give this location one more try. However, I must again caution that one should "always double check - and then be ready for a problem" as it may very well happen.
I hope that the owner can get more organized as we had previously rated this a very good motel to stay at - and it is when reservations are handled properly.

Room Tip: Request one near the office, depending upon your needs
  • Stayed: August 2015, traveled with family
1  Thank Don W
Reviewed August 3, 2015

The Motel was clean and seems to be neatly kept. The room was spacious but very outdated and the WiFi is really not that great the further you are from the reception area. We stayed for 2 nights while visiting Sauble Beach for the first time. The pool was great to come back to after hanging out at the beach in the morning. The continental breakfast, although minimal, was good to have as we did not bring any groceries with us.

• Stayed: July 2015, traveled with family
Reviewed July 30, 2015 via mobile

We stayed here because nothing else was available. The room was clean and spacious but very dark. They offer free WiFi but had very little service the staff was friendly and the continental breakfast was ok. When we arrived we had to plug in the refrigerator that they offer so it took awhile to get cold enough to put things into it. It would have been a good idea to have it ready before we arrived and the air wasn't on either. We did reserve the room so no excuse there. No coffee maker in the room which would have been nice. But all in all an ok place to spend the night not somewhere to stay long term

Stayed: July 2015, traveled as a couple