“do not stay here!!!!! rude!!!!!!”

Wiarton Willy's Inn
Wiarton Willy's Inn
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Wiarton
Reviewed August 2, 2008

Upon check in Raymond (very rude man!!!!) was puzzled...could not find our reservation and has no manners! The rooms had alot of spider webs not very clean. We stayed one night and the day we were leaving our kids decided (10:15am and check out is 11am) to use the pool while we packed up. But because we were checking out RAYMOND would not allow them to use the pool. He stated he needed 45 minutes to clean the pool. Upon check out he would not give me a copy of my Visa slip until he checked the room.
Please do not give him your business!!!

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank travellingfamily2006

Reviewed July 21, 2008

We were staying in Wiarton because we were attending a tournement in Owen Sound. We had three twelve year old boys with us that were attending the tourney. There was no hot water at all, and when you did have a shower, there was just as much water outside the shower as in the shower. The floor was absolutely soaked. The kids when out to play on the play equiptment, they were just playing tag and were kicked out. They went for a swim with a adult with them, the one boy was cleaning all the bugs out of the pool, the manager came out of the building fastly approaching them when I stood up he stopped and asked what they were doing, I told him they were just cleaning the pool. We had a friend stop in for a visit, they were only stayed for an hour, outside the motel. He called my room and told me to tell them to leave, because they use his bathroom and that costs him money. We booked for two nights, $99 per night, another couple stayed the same nights, same room size and theirs was $89. We went to the tourney sat morning, they had been in our room, but only to make the bed, they did not change the sheets. I will never stay there again! And would suggest anyone with families to stay away from there.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank JosephineOntario
Reviewed September 30, 2007

We booked rooms for 30 people attending a charity hike for breast cancer along the Bruce Trail. We arrived Friday night and were told that there would only be 2 people allowed in a room, even though we stated we would pay the extra person charge for 4 in a room. Some of us were given a queen bed and others were given a room with 2 doubles, and still were only allowed 2 per room.

We left the next morning for our hike and when we returned there was no hot water, the tank had been turned off. There were a few people that noticed their luggage had been opened, and my luggage and purse had been opened and I was missing $60.00. I filed a police report. The doors are opened by a key, not electronically, and there is no secondary lock on the inside of the room.

On checkout, the women who had the rooms with the two double beds were charged more than us with the one queen size bed, even though the owner said they could not have more than 2 in a room. When confronted about the difference in price and questioned why, he said it was his policy, and when asked to see the policy, he stated he made it up as he went along. This was obvious because amongst the lengthy list of rules printed in the room, there was an "absolutely no pets" rule, yet there was an older couple a few rooms down with their pet dog in full view.

The owner, Raymond, also went into other women's rooms and accused them of having more than 2 people based on the amount of luggage that they had.

The theft and hassle that the owner gave us would make me strongly discourage anybody from staying at this facility. We will all be filing complaints with the Better Business Bureau and the Wiarton Chamber of Commerce. This man should not be allowed to take advantage of people in this manner.

Susan, London Ontario

Stayed: September 2007
4  Thank LondonTravel_gnome
Reviewed September 18, 2007

I stayed here for a wedding that was held in Wiarton and was recommended by another resort to stay at thins place. Once we arrived, there was water around the toilet and later was told that there was nothing wrong. Then once we returned from the wedding there was no lights on to guide our way into the rooms safetly. Once in our room, a roommate had vomited on the bed and I cleaned it up and tried contacting fron desk. There was no response. I tried several more times and still nothing. Light were still on upstairs in the owners home so we knocked on the door. The owner answered and was very rude. we asked for extra bed sheets and was told they didn't have any. Then, we got the door slammed in our face. I banged on his door again for him to open it up and throw 1 (a single sheet) in my face and say "here" as he closed the door in my face again while telling me he is going to have to charge me extra for cleaning the room. UNBELIEVEABLE! I went back to the room where we slept on a bare mattress and shared 1 sheet. Once we got up a few hours later, i went to pay for the room and was charged an extra $50 for cleaning. He wanted to charge $150 more but i refused. That is the charge for smoking in the room. Raymond, the owner, was very rude and disrespectful. Making guest sleep in a room with no blankets.

Stayed: September 2006
2  Thank ryeandginger
Reviewed August 12, 2007

We only stayed one night. The most important thing to me when staying anywhere is cleanliness and I have to say that this place was clean. I was most impressed with the sheets on the bed. The smelled wonderful, better than some of the big name motels.
If you are looking for a place to shower, sleep and be on your way, this is perfect. If you are looking for fancy thrills and extras, this is not the place for you.
If I have one complaint it is this, the manger of the motel was somewhat of a nusance, he was not available when we checked in and had a sign at the door saying he would be back in the morning, we found him and got to our room. He called our room at 10:30 to remind us of our 11 o'clock check out time, annoying.

• Stayed: July 2007
Reviewed July 8, 2006

We stayed at this motel only because we were attending a wedding in the area.
We had originally booked a room for the weekend about two months prior to the event. We emailed and called several weeks prior to alter the reservation to Saturday night only. The management was very disorganized and could not seem to locate the reservation and would not accept canceling the Friday night. We made it very clear that we would only be coming on the Saturday. On the Sunday prior to the event the management phoned to ask if we had booked two rooms. Again we made it very clear that we wanted one room for one night. The stated hotel policy is that you have 72 hrs prior to the night to cancel your reservation and we were clearly within these limits. On Friday night we were telephoned, the voice on the phone said "I am waiting for you". It was the manager. He did not introduce himself, he did not say hello. We had to remind him again that we were not coming until Saturday. We did stay at the motel for only one evening and yet were still charged for two nights. Other friends attending the wedding and staying at this motel had similar problems with the manager/Raymond finding him very unreasonable and rude. No one was impressed with the service. I would advise strongly not to stay at this motel under the current management.

• Stayed: July 2006
4  Thank OurFamilyGetaway
A TripAdvisor Member
Christina Lake, BC, Canada
Reviewed September 1, 2005

SATURDAY AUGUST 27
Massey ON to Wiarton ON
We are on a 3 month trip crossing Canada & USA from West to East.
The Wiarton Willy Inn, under new management, has been recently renovated. Room has TV, A/C, fridge, outdoor pool, no dataport. Serves continental breakfast of toast, cereal, beverages. [Queen $88.48 with tax & senior discount.] Drove into town for Chinese food at Kgum Bo Restaurant. Offers Buffet on weekends for $12 person. Although this was the choice of everyone else in the restaurant, we opted for menu items. Both food and service were disappointing.
Next Stop: Niagara Falls ON

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wiarton
Waterview on The Bay
Lakeview Motel & Cottages
#2 of 6 in Sauble Beach
The Spirit Rock Outpost & Lodge
Kit Wat Motel Restaurant & Marina

Been to Wiarton Willy's Inn? Share your experiences!