“Wonderful Weekend away!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wiarton
Evergreen Forest B&B
Ranked #3 of 10 Wiarton B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 15, 2011

My husband and I had the most wonderful weekend away last month when we stayed at the Evergreen with Doug and Caroline! We got there kind of late, and it was cold, wet and windy. We walked in to the beautiful glow and warmth of a fire in the wood stove and FRESH, HOME MADE apple cider! Mmmmmmm! We had a few moments to settle in and were promptly served a delicious dinner we had arranged previously with Caroline.
Our room was huge, beautifully decorated and spotless, breakfast was wonderful and the family was so friendly! I would recommend this place to ANYONE! Thanks Doug and Caroline! Let us know when you get that hot tub in and we'll be back up for sure ;)

Room Tip: All the rooms looked great!
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 12, 2011

My husband and I recently enjoyed a four night stay with Doug and Caroline to see the fall colours and hike the many trails in the area. The Evergreen Forest B&B far surpasses any hotel in cleanliness, comfort and personal service. The guest wing was renovated and decorated by the hosts for the purpose of a B&B, and is thoughtfully laid out with a common area for visiting or relaxing and quiet, private rooms. Doug and Caroline are very friendly and accomodating and make great efforts to ensure an enjoyable stay. We enjoyed arriving 'home' in the evening after a long hike to a roaring fire and homemade goodies! The breakfasts were wonderful as well, the homemade grape jelly made from the wild grapes that grow on the beautiful forested property that surrounds the house was deliscious. We were sorry to leave and look forward to a return visit ASAP.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 20, 2011

My husband and I stayed at Evergreen Forest B&B for two days in August 2011. We were greated by the family dog upon our arrival and immediately felt very welcome! The Hunter room was absolutely beautiful and had every amenity we needed. We even had control over our own air conditioning unit to keep the room at the perfect temperature for us. The breakfasts were yummy (especially the western sandwiches on our second day) and Doug and Caroline took the time to sit and chat with us while we ate. My husband took advantage of the homemade goodies and cereal 'bar' that is available to guests all day/night. We spent our days at the beach (Sauble, Oliphant and Southampton - the quiet beach at Oliphant was the best!) and enjoyed dinner in area. We have absolutely no complaints and we are already talking about a trip back next year!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kristin K
Reviewed July 28, 2011

My husband and I just returned from a lovely stay at the serene and delightful Evergreen Forest Bed & Breakfast. The hosts, Caroline and Doug, were very helpful from the booking right to check out. Their thoughtfulness and pride in their home was evident around the entire property. The rooms were very quiet, exceptionally clean and well decorated without the sterile atmosphere found at franchise hotels. The common room was well stocked with cold drinks, baked goodies and tea or coffee available at your convience.

My husband and I were so delighted with our visit, we booked a weekend getaway to experience the autumn colours and surrounding hiking trails. Definately worth a visit and would recommend to couples of all ages.

Reviewed July 6, 2011

Thank-you Doug and Caroline for a wonderful experience at your beautiful b&b. We travelled 2 couples on motorcycles the July 1 st weekend, the moment we arrived we felt welcomed . The place is immaculate and very comfortable especially if you are travelling with a group, a great common room to socialize in. The rooms are amazing, you feel like you are at a hotel, with all the amenites plus, the breakfast was great as well as the homebaked cookies, and extras. We enjoyed our evening with the other guests as well as with you Doug and Caroline, we had a lot of laughs and great stories were told. We take home good memories of a wonderful experience at your B&B , with our travelling partners as well as the great people that we met while staying at your wonderful B&B.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
evergreenbnb, Owner at Evergreen Forest B&B, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2011

Wow! What wonderful guests we have had the pleasure of looking after! Thank you to all who have stayed with us, we will try to live up to all the fabulous reviews.
Thanks everyone. Caroline and Doug

Reviewed July 3, 2011

This was a motorcycle trip for my husband & I, along with my sister and brother in law for the July 1 long weekend.
From the moment we arrived, we were treated as if Caroline and Doug had known us for years. After the initial "this is here, that is there, the fridge is stocked with soft drinks, water, yogurt, fruit, juice, milk, I'll bring out some baked goods in a bit' type of introduction that you need to go through with every B&B, you were wrapped in the comfortable glow that Doug and Caroline have created at this B&B. You will not require a thing here as everything has been provided for. The place is immaculate, classy, and comfortable. The rooms are huge, the linens extraordinary, the towels thick and plush. The coffee is great, the breakfast is over filling and Caroline and Doug love to sit and share stories with you. If you want solitude, you can find that in their gardens or even on the deck.
We had a wonderful WONDERFUL time this weekend. This gem in the Forest is not to be overlooked. You will not be disappointed with this B&B.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
evergreenbnb, Owner at Evergreen Forest B&B, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2011

What a pleasure to be able to make a lasting impression for our guest when they come and stay with us. Doug and I are thrilled to be able to make our guest happy, we so enjoy getting to know each and everyone of them. Come as strangers and leave as friends! Thanks so much for choosing us. Caroline and Doug

Reviewed May 16, 2011

I had business in the the Bruce Peninsula for a couple of weeks in April, and set out to find a more personal alternative to a hotel room. Evergreen Forest B&B went way beyond my expectations! Every night, I was treated like royalty, welcomed by a roaring fire and a fresh pot of tea. We negotiated suppers as part of my stay. I expected to sit in the common area, but was invited to join the whole Murray family every night, enjoying lively conversation with Caroline, Doug, Grandma and the kids. The Murray's operated a restaurant in their previous life, so breakfasts, suppers and snacks are incredible. I stayed in the Hunter Room one week, and Mckeen Room the next week. Both rooms were beautifully decorated, clean, oh-so-comfortable, and incredibly quiet! I slept better here than at home! Evergreen Forest B&B is the whole package. Go...and be blessed!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business