“Amazing girls getaway!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wiarton
Sauble Falls Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 10 Wiarton B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 19, 2013

My girlfriend was teaching in Korea for years, so this was an opportunity for her and I to reconnect after such a long time. I stumbled across this B&B and let me tell you, it was the best hidden gem I found. Everything was so warm & cozy - from our clean rooms, kitchen (stocked with goodies), a hot tub, fire pit and not to forget a gourmet breakfast in the morning. The hosts Tracey and Doug were such a pleasure too and they are what really made the experience. I have never been to a B&B like this before and I highly recommend for anyone to visit. My girlfriend & I had a nice ladies getaway - now I'm looking to pull my hubby for a romantic weekend together :)

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed September 15, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the b&b on our honeymoon for 6 days and had a great time. Doug and Tracey were great hosts, very friendly, and made you feel at home. The area was very scenic and canoes/kayaks were readily available. The b&b was a 2 minutes walk to the falls and 5 minutes drive to the beach, which were both amazing to see. The rooms all had their own bathrooms and seemed to be newly renovated and nicely decorated. The bed was very comfortable and everything you needed was in the kitchen. BBQ was available for cooking if you wanted to eat in or even better trying Doug's cooking. We ate two dinners, one night chicken and the other steak. The best steak I've ever had and Doug's rubs (spices) on the chicken was fabulous. The smoked bacon and freshly make pastries at breakfast was to die for. The fishing there was great and at the right time in the season, lots of large salmon to be caught. For those who like bird watching, lots of bluejays and hummingbirds to be seen. Sauble beach B&B was like a home away from home and we will be definately be returning. We recommend to those who love to get out of the city during the hot weather. Can't wait to go back when the weather is cooler to get in that hot tub!!

Reviewed September 4, 2013

This was my first time at Sauble Beach and my first time at a B&B, I could not have made a better choice. Tracey and Doug were amazing, they were friendly and helpful.....the breakfast was incredible and quite honestly the best food in the area. The rooms were clean and comfortable, the grounds and view were special, I can't wait to go back. It was a pleasure on every level.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Tracey and Douglas always makes the stay an amazing one!
My boyfriend and I stayed here in the last weeks of August for both Sauble beach and Tobermory. The place is within 5 mins easy drive of the beach, and located scenically near the Sauble Falls.

Great location aside, it's always very clean (from my previous stay as well) and welcoming. It feels like going home instead of staying at a foreign place. The bedrooms are all very pleasant and individually themed. The ensuite bathrooms are well equipped and clean. Temperature of the rooms are nicely regulated.

The shared common area is well equipped as well, with board games, books, TV, etc. The back of the B&B is beautiful. I highly recommend renting a canoe and going down the lake, or sitting out and feeding chipmunks.

The best thing (aside from Tracey and Douglas' warmth and friendliness!) are definitely the breakfasts. It's reason enough to return alone. Doug's breakfasts are amazing. Home made baked goods, smoked bacon... Yum!

I can't wait to return! It's a good place to stay for family, friends or couples.

Room Tip: The Woodlands room has 2 beds, good for friends or families. The lighthouse room has 3 beds, similar...
1  Thank SisiGee
Reviewed August 31, 2013

We had wonderfull time staying at Tracey's and Doug's B&B From July 3 to July 5,2013. Very clean, comfortable, great food - amazing bacon and mixed berries cobler!
We are glad we came. Will come again!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Tracey & Douglas, thanks so much for making our little mini-break from the city a spectacular one. Your B&B is lovely, your hospitality and care is second to none and we had an amazing time at your place. We would highly recommend this B&B in Sauble. The rooms were comfortable and modest, the kitchen and living space felt like it could be our own little cottage and your dock, porch and fire pit area were super.

1  Thank Alan S
Reviewed August 21, 2013

My wife and I are regular visitors to this part of the world. Normally we stay in the small motels in the area and up in Tobermory. WE felt that the last motel that we stayed in for the past two years was getting a little jaded. We really only stayed there because of it's location.
We decided to hunt for a Bed &Breakfast as that's what we really prefer when we visit Stratford or Niagara on the Lake. We were staying for three nights.
We found Tracey and Doug's place on-line and it sounded perfect, since it was across the river from the trailer park where our kids were staying for the week. It was only a 3-4 minute walk across the bridge to the site. Canoes and kayaks are available for the guests, but we didn't use them.
We first met Tracey, the next morning at breakfast. She was so outgoing and pleasant and we sat and chatted with the other guests while waiting for breakfast.
The breakfasts were superb, fresh fruit, to start, Doug's home cured bacon, pancakes and frittata followed.
Each morning, the same great meal but with changes to the main course.
Each morning there were new guests, from London, St Catharines, Barrie and Hamilton, and we all shared our B & B experiences with each other, some of which were hilarious
The location is perfect, overlooking the river and watching the Blue Jays and Chipmunks come onto the deck to scrounge the peanuts. Easy access to the small towns around the area.
We went up to Tobermory and walked a couple of trails and shopped for souveniers.

As long as the kids go to the Trailer park, which they have done for the past five years. We know where we will be staying, at Sauble Beach B & B. Good, friendly hosts, comfortable rooms and superb breakfasts and the guests are all right too.
Check this place out, you will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: We stayed in room #2, overlooking the river. Perfect for two people
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wiarton
Waterview on The Bay
Wiarton Willy's Inn
#4 of 4 in Wiarton
Top Notch Motel & Restaurant
The Spirit Rock Outpost & Lodge

Been to Sauble Falls Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!