“Beautiful view of the river and delicious food together!”

The Waterfront River Pub and Terrace
Ranked #1 of 68 Restaurants in Napanee
Cuisines: Gastropub, Fusion
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Craft Beer, Local Wines, Spiffy Cocktails and a Cutting Edge Culinary Team in a limestone pub on the river.
Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

One of my favourite places in Napanee and area. Right on the Napanee River, get to watch all the boats go by. It's a quiet spot on their big patio and accessible for everyone which is nice! The food is fantastic and prepared by amazing chefs. Interesting combinations of foods like the pear salad or gourmet grilled cheese. The double stack burger is my favourite, massive, best taste, and if you can actually finish it you will be stuffed for the entire day haha. The staff are all really friendly and the owner Jane is a very wonderful and interesting woman if you get the chance to talk to her definitely do!

Reviewed May 10, 2014

This is my fourth time visiting this establishment, each time it keeps getting worse! Honestly, the food is always bland and expensive. Me and my boyfriend ordered the nachos to start, and after waiting 45 mins to get a table, then another 30 mins to order our food we were starving! But when the nachos came we barely touched them because they were just chips with a few pieces of unmelted cheese, and the waitress never asked us how we they even tasted. Then we ordered to the fish and chips, and the french fries were gross and cold! Takes forever to get a drink too, just a disappointed local who will not be coming back.

2  Thank Emma M
Reviewed May 4, 2014

My girlfriend and I made our 5th trip to the Waterfront last evening and I really don't know if I will return. On previous trips we were served by the short waitress(sorry don't know her name) and the blond waitress, we were happy with the service we received they were attentive and took the time to ask us how things were going. However last night we were served by a red headed waitress (from the bill "PM bar") at a booth (table#111). We were only there for drinks and the service we received was slow our drinks were empty for a while before she came over. we were both drinking rum and coke and got a lime and a straw in our first drinks, when our second drinks finally arrived neither had limes nor straws. We took the straw from our old glasses and asked for limes, the response was that they were out of limes and the owners have taken the position that due to the price of limes only a few would be sliced and once they were gone there are no more available. She told me I could "google" the "lime issue" to find out more. My bill was 42.09 and I tipped 1.00, I was not happy with the service and there was NO limes in our 9.00 drinks, the waitress returned to the table and gave me my dollar back and simply stated if I had issues don't take it out on the wait staff, we promptly finished our drinks and left. I have met both the owners in previous visits and I'm writing this review to simply inform them of what occurs when they are not around.

4  Thank Keith J
Reviewed April 26, 2014

I had a mixed experience at this restaurant. I went with my girlfriend and we were seated downstairs. The music was pretty loud throughout the restaurant so it's a but more like a bar than a restaurant. The vents were blowing cold air right on our table and back into our faces. . I ordered fish and chips and it was slightly underdone. My fries became cold very quickly due to the vent. The customer service was good but i felt bad for the bartender lacked the proper ingredients and equipment to make any specialty mixed drinks. They did not serve champagne either but I would imagine this is typical. The building was nice at first but now it is falling apart at the seams die to cheap construction. For example the fences around the dumpsters have been starting to fall over during the past few months.
All in all. Just okay. Wouldn't go back myself but as far as Napanee restaurants are concerned its not bad.

1  Thank Nathan R
Reviewed April 23, 2014

I have been to the waterfront many times,I have been extremely happy with each visit. The atmosphere is great,staff are fantastic, friendly,knowledgeable and make you welcome. The owners Jane and Alain are gems. The food is to die for. My favorite is the steak au poive(pepper). I have attended the special dinners with know dissapointments. I will continue to frequent the waterfront. Can't wait for the patio to open.

1  Thank qirr