“Surprisingly good!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: shoelessjoesnapanee@bellnet.ca
Reviewed August 5, 2014

We went in expecting the usual bar-type dinner menu, and we were not disappointed. My spouse had the ribs with salad, and we were amazed at the salad, which was not just the usual bowl of iceberg lettuce with some token carrot shreds and maybe a cherry tomato or two, but a real tossed salad, with a good assortment of veggies and dried fruit mixed in. I ordered a salad, and again was pleasantly surprised to find it was fully loaded with lots of the promised ingredients (cheese, pecans, berries) throughout; not just a few thrown on top of a bed of mixed greens. The dessert menu was tempting, but we abstained, as we were both full. The waitress was friendly and helpful as well.

There are newer reviews for Shoeless Joe's

Reviewed June 17, 2014

We each ordered a steak from the menu. They arrived cold. The waitress was great and immediately called the manager. He arrived to say he could warm the steaks in the microwave. Really! Wouldn't be Med rare anymore would it! We said never mind and continued to eat, disappointed that he didn't offer a new steak for each of us or at least comp part of our meal. It was also difficult to believe that the steak was AAA and aged 28 days as it stated on the menu. It was semi-tough with a bit of grizzle. The mixed vegetables, the originally frozen variety, were also cold. Baked potato was good. On leaving and paying our bill the manager was at the bar and said something like "So how was it?" I responded,not great, but we managed. He replied," Well it could have been that the plates were cold, because we always put the steak on the plate last. It should have been hot". What a waste of time and money. Will never go back.

2  Thank Rachelle L
Reviewed June 15, 2014

Shoeless Joe's has been a "treat" when I feel like a steak. When they discontinued the 6 oz filet mignon, I was sad but the replacement was almost as good -- thick piece of meat, seasoned and cooked to perfection. Last visit was a big disappointment -- the centre cut top sirloin was thin, lacked seasoning and was overcooked. Guess I need a new steakhouse. The loaded baked potato was still delicious.

Reviewed April 28, 2014

Hey if you are passing by or staying in town check this place out, I recently ate here, walk in looking for a good burger in a small town and found what I was looking for for. From a range of 9.99 to 12.99 you can find a whole range of options to satisfy your demanding appetite. What would I recommend: The Lumberjack Burger with Fries 12.99

Reviewed April 25, 2014

We tried them again in January 2014 and thought they were a little better............could be better